+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeC said:
Hi All,

I received my PPR on Sep 21. My case was applied in Buffalo and transferred to NY.

I am in Canada on a work visa right now. Can I get my PR stamped by directly visiting any office in Canada, or do I have to send it to NY visa office? Any ideas?
congrats bud!

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
Hi guys,
I am amazed at your inspiring stories. Your stories make us believe that we have to get our hopes high and trust the Lord God above who has magnificent plans to each and everyone of us.

I just knew today that my RPRF has been encashed on September 17. Based on your experience, does this signify something? Would I expect the PPR soon? I know it's still early but I just want something to look forward to in the mail as early as now ;D Thanks!

sazid

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AvayaLenovo said:
Hi guys,
I am amazed at your inspiring stories. Your stories make us believe that we have to get our hopes high and trust the Lord God above who has magnificent plans to each and everyone of us.

I just knew today that my RPRF has been encashed on September 17. Based on your experience, does this signify something? Would I expect the PPR soon? I know it's still early but I just want something to look forward to in the mail as early as now ;D Thanks!
Hi Avaya,

When did you send your RPRF did you send it after medical.

OrangeC

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->NewYork
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
AOR Received.
05-01-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
17-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2010
LANDED..........
01-11-2010
balu0427 said:
congrats bud!
Thanks jits1000 and balu for your wishes..

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OrangeC said:
Hi All,

I received my PPR on Sep 21. My case was applied in Buffalo and transferred to NY.

I am in Canada on a work visa right now. Can I get my PR stamped by directly visiting any office in Canada, or do I have to send it to NY visa office? Any ideas?
Congratulations OrangeC,

As the members mentioned above, you have to send your passport to the visa office in charge of your application, there is no visa issuance from within canada. After you get your passport back with the visa stamped, you can choose either to land in the nearest immigration office to your place upon appointment scheduled through the phone with CIC call center which takes up to 6 to 7 weeks, or you go directly to any port of entry between canada and the united states to land right away which is faster.

Best of luck.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Congratulations OrangeC,

As the members mentioned above, you have to send your passport to the visa office in charge of your application, there is no visa issuance from within canada. After you get your passport back with the visa stamped, you can choose either to land in the nearest immigration office to your place upon appointment scheduled through the phone with CIC call center which takes up to 6 to 7 weeks, or you go directly to any port of entry between canada and the united states to land right away which is faster.

Best of luck.
as other members mentioned you cant go to any local VO office in Canada to get your passport stamped. the reason being, no Canadian VISA is issued inside Canada for Canada. the passport should cross the border and get it stamped.

@OrangeC, as you mentioned that you are on a workpermit, when you got your work visa you might have sent your passport to visa office and i am sure that is outside canada. because i am in Canada and i have extended my workpermit and visa three times. all three times my work permit was issued by CPC Vigerville, CA office but the VISA was issued by Buffalo, US. once i called CIC call center and asked where is my passport as they took 3months to stamp visa on my passport and send it back, then they told me this.

I might me wrong anywhere, correct me senior folks.

candiur

Jul 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-01-2010
Doc's Request.
MAR-26-2010 <B> Full Docs Sent MAY-20-2010
AOR Received.
OCT-12-2010
From what I know mailing passports out of the country is illegal. That is the only rule applicable globally.

But your situation sounds strange where you were asked to send passport to Buffalo while you were in Canada. This sounds really a bit twisted. Just to be curious what mailing method did you use .. like USPS or professional couriers?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balu0427 said:
as other members mentioned you cant go to any local VO office in Canada to get your passport stamped. the reason being, no Canadian VISA is issued inside Canada for Canada. the passport should cross the border and get it stamped.

@ OrangeC, as you mentioned that you are on a workpermit, when you got your work visa you might have sent your passport to visa office and i am sure that is outside canada. because i am in Canada and i have extended my workpermit and visa three times. all three times my work permit was issued by CPC Vigerville, CA office but the VISA was issued by Buffalo, US. once i called CIC call center and asked where is my passport as they took 3months to stamp visa on my passport and send it back, then they told me this.

I might me wrong anywhere, correct me senior folks.
You are completely right.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candiur said:
From what I know mailing passports out of the country is illegal. That is the only rule applicable globally.

But your situation sounds strange where you were asked to send passport to Buffalo while you were in Canada. This sounds really a bit twisted. Just to be curious what mailing method did you use .. like USPS or professional couriers?

It is not something new about the permanent residence in canada or any kind of canadain visas for "in canada applicants".

Buffalo visa office is the visa office serves "in canada" applicants along with the U.S applicants, so for example; if the applicant is asked for an interview, he will have to go to the U.S Buffalo to attend, and it is his responsibility to get a U.S visa. Same as the Visa stamping, Canada does not stamp visas to people from inside the country, always the embassies do that. He is not the only applicant being asked to submit his passport to Buffalo from within canada, all of us (in canada applicans) went through the same.

By the way, it is not illegal to send your passport outside the country, only India, and some other countries do that. People who live in the arabic gulf area "middle east" send their passports by mail to the United Kingdom for visa stamping.

AvayaLenovo

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13Oct2009
Doc's Request.
10Dec2009
AOR Received.
09Apr2010
Med's Request
25Aug2010
Med's Done....
2Sep2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
7Oct2010
VISA ISSUED...
21Oct2010
LANDED..........
30Jun2011
sazid said:
Hi Avaya,

When did you send your RPRF did you send it after medical.
Hi sazid,
Yes, they received the check after I was done with my medicals. The sequence of events is below:
Medicals done - September 7
RPRF check received by Buffalo - September 10
Medicals received by Ottawa - September 14
RPRF check cashed by Buffalo - September 17

Do you think their encashment of check means something? I'm hoping & praying to receive my PPR soon as I really want to visit my home country for christmas as I haven't seen my family for 2 years now. I need my passport this December/January. I'm willing to fly to Buffalo once I receive my PPR (I currently live in Chicago) just to expedite the process... :( I hope the encashment somehow signifies a movement in the process.....

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
professional 1 said:
It is not something new about the permanent residence in canada or any kind of canadain visas for "in canada applicants".

Buffalo visa office is the visa office serves "in canada" applicants along with the U.S applicants, so for example; if the applicant is asked for an interview, he will have to go to the U.S Buffalo to attend, and it is his responsibility to get a U.S visa. Same as the Visa stamping, Canada does not stamp visas to people from inside the country, always the embassies do that. He is not the only applicant being asked to submit his passport to Buffalo from within canada, all of us (in canada applicans) went through the same.

By the way, it is not illegal to send your passport outside the country, only India, and some other countries do that. People who live in the arabic gulf area "middle east" send their passports by mail to the United Kingdom for visa stamping.
regarding pp sumbission why they asked me to submit in frot erie office,ontatio,
even they are have given the link
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/submit_soumettre.aspx

just want to know as i sent my pp to here as link provided by the mail came through buffalo consulate ?:) :)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jits1000 said:
regarding pp sumbission why they asked me to submit in frot erie office,ontatio,
even they are have given the link
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/submit_soumettre.aspx

just want to know as i sent my pp to here as link provided by the mail came through buffalo consulate ?:) :)
Do not worry, all options are applicable, go in person, send your passport to Fort Eire or send it to Buffalo directly. However, even if you send it to Fort Eire, they will send it to Buffalo for visa stamping, and get it back from Buffalo to send it to you from within canada. Fort Eire does not issue or stamp the visa, they are only an intermediary between the applicant and Buffalo.

Have a look at the following link for application submission to the Buffalo office from within canada page A-8:

"Note:You may instead choose to send your application directly to the Buffalo address above by mail or by commercial courier."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
professional 1 said:
Do not worry, all options are applicable, go in person, send your passport to Fort Eire or send it to Buffalo directly. However, even if you send it to Fort Eire, they will send it to Buffalo for visa stamping, and get it back from Buffalo to send it to you from within canada. Fort Eire does not issue or stamp the visa, they are only an intermediary between the applicant and Buffalo.

Have a look at the following link for application submission to the Buffalo office from within canada page A-8:

"Note:You may instead choose to send your application directly to the Buffalo address above by mail or by commercial courier."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

bravo proffesional 1

for calrifing me and other users u really have gr8 and deep knowledge about process

bravo man

thanks Again 8) 8) 8) 8)

candiur

Jul 1, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-01-2010
Doc's Request.
MAR-26-2010 <B> Full Docs Sent MAY-20-2010
AOR Received.
OCT-12-2010
hmmm .. thanks for clarifying. I was always under the impression that mailing passports to outside countries is illegal. Yeaa like Pakistan applicants are served by London office. They would definitely be mailing.

professional 1 said:

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
HI Senior member,

I'm newbie here and I have a question:
I did the Med last week and the DMP sent out results to Ottawa with Fedex. With the tracking info, I knew that the package has been delivered today in Ottawa with signature.
I also sent out other requested documents to NYVO where my file had been transferred July 14 except for the FBI clearance. This police clearance apparently takes more than 60 days and will be submit later separately.
Do you senior members think that the FBI will hold my PRR because I'm patiently, nervously waiting for it?
I really appreciate any ideas....

Haha, Do I look like a newbie with above writing :p? And my question is sincere, can anyone estimate the time for me :D