+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I hope everyone is doing great and congratulations to all who got movement/PPR. I just heard back from the NY consulate yesterday in response to my query and they said that:

Dear Sir:

In response to your E-mail, be advised that we received your fee and your medical results. Your case is under review, and you will be contacted soon after a final decision is made .

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section

Canadian Consulate General | Consulat général du Canada

More than a year now since my application...fingers crossed...PPR should come soon!

Megh

Jun 23, 2010
My timeline

App NS sept 4, 2009
Doc sent to Buffalo Nov 25, 2009
In process May 21, 2010
Med request June 21, 2010 (date of letter)
Medical done and sent July 5 and July 14 2010
PPR August 15, 2010
PP sent August 17, 2010

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
@ Garian4u: I was requested to pay RPRF for $490 (I will buy a draft in USD just like you). This cheque must be payable to "The Receiver General for Canada". Is that correct??
Smallduck, no. I made it for "Canadian Consulate General", as was instructed in the letter from Buffalo with the RPRF request. I believe "Receiver General for Canada" is only for first time application to CIO NS. After that all subsequent drafts should be made payable to the consulate / embassy. Please check your letter, it will indicate who the draft should be payable to

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
garian4u said:
Smallduck, no. I made it for "Canadian Consulate General", as was instructed in the letter from Buffalo with the RPRF request. I believe "Receiver General for Canada" is only for first time application to CIO NS. After that all subsequent drafts should be made payable to the consulate / embassy. Please check your letter, it will indicate who the draft should be payable to
Thanks Garian4u but it's not in the letter, i read it at least ten times and I didn't see anything like that :). But it makes sense sending payment to consulate. The RPRF was request by NY consulate, not Buffalo, they may change something here...

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends and seniors,

I got my second AOR from Buffalo on 5th May and after that there is no change in my status. It is still showing received by visa office". So, should I send them case specific inquiry or wait? ??? ??? ???

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
room3 said:
Hello friends and seniors,

I got my second AOR from Buffalo on 5th May and after that there is no change in my status. It is still showing received by visa office". So, should I send them case specific inquiry or wait? ??? ??? ???
Hi,
my second AOR from Buffalo on 23rd April, no change in my status too after that.

i sent an inquiry couple of weeks back and they replied me with the same old copy-paste message.. your app is under review, please wait

i dont think there is much we can do with that... try sending a message.. see wht they replies.. hopefully not another copy-paste

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
jattu1980 said:
Hello all,
I hope everyone is doing great and congratulations to all who got movement/PPR. I just heard back from the NY consulate yesterday in response to my query and they said that:

Dear Sir:

In response to your E-mail, be advised that we received your fee and your medical results. Your case is under review, and you will be contacted soon after a final decision is made .

Immigration Section

More than a year now since my application...fingers crossed...PPR should come soon!
jattu1980,
My timeline is almost the same timeline as yours. Did your status update to Medical received in the In process details? Mine got updated as Medical results have been received.

jits1000

Star Member
Dec 20, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12April2009
Doc's Request.
10May2009
AOR Received.
10July2009
Med's Request
25May2010
Med's Done....
DONE
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27Aug 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14Sept 2010
LANDED..........
6Oct 2010
hi frineds,

by the grace of god i got ppr after 3 months ,what gr8 relief for me , i got my breath back today,once agian thanks god all seniors for guiding me in the process,hope u all will get ur ppr soon ,all the best friends ,
one information frnds my ecase still showing in process ??
anyhow i got :) :) :) :) :) :)

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
congrats jits!
Hope we will all have the same finish line!! :D :D

cheers
Anne55
jits1000 said:
hi frineds,

by the grace of god i got ppr after 3 months ,what gr8 relief for me , i got my breath back today,once agian thanks god all seniors for guiding me in the process,hope u all will get ur ppr soon ,all the best friends ,

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jattu1980 said:
Hello all,

Dear Sir:

Immigration Section

Oh good. God willing, you will get it soon. My eyes will be searching for your post soon, as I am also contemplating writing to the emabassy, if nothing happens in the next 2-3 weeks.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Megh said:
My timeline

App NS sept 4, 2009
Doc sent to Buffalo Nov 25, 2009
In process May 21, 2010
Med request June 21, 2010 (date of letter)
Medical done and sent July 5 and July 14 2010
PPR August 15, 2010
PP sent August 17, 2010
Megh, Congratulations and thanks for letting us know your details. Your timelines look so silmilar to mine, except that I am yet to get the passport request. What was your NOC?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
Thanks Garian4u but it's not in the letter, i read it at least ten times and I didn't see anything like that :). But it makes sense sending payment to consulate. The RPRF was request by NY consulate, not Buffalo, they may change something here...
smallduck, what type of letter did you get? Did it havew some sort of a checklist indicating the different type of things that they may ask of you. I got that type of letter in Buffalo. It said medical instructions are in a separate letter and then of the checklist, there was a cross against RPRF. Against that check-mark, it said who the RPRF should be made payable to. Maybe, regarding NY consulate Pasi would be able to help you.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nmat said:
jattu1980,
My timeline is almost the same timeline as yours. Did your status update to Medical received in the In process details? Mine got updated as Medical results have been received.
nmat, which is your visa office - Buffalo or NY? Also, when did you receive your medical request and when did Ottawa receive your medical results from your DMP? Thanks for sharing your information

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jits1000 said:
hi frineds,

jits1000, Congrats ;D ;D Don't worry about e-cas, once your passport is stamped, it will change directly to "Decision made". By the way, when were your medicals actually received by Ottawa, or when was your medical date actually? Just curious, as I am in the waiting queue for PPR.