+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
Honolulu said:
Just a gentle reminder to all you guys.
I took a little over a year to move between a Buffalo AOR and my med request.
I took a little over three months between my med completion and my ppr.

Thought I'd let you know that although annoying and frustrating at times - you simply have no choice but to hang in there.
Spend your time researching life in Canada while you are at it.
Be aware that there is LOTS to prepare for after the magic visa is issued.

Best wishes from an old and fading thread member ;D
I like the colors so much bro ;). You will not be here in this thread anymore, might-be? But could you mind open the "job search" and "get into certain network" threads and being a hero in those ;)

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, so it has been almost a month since Ottawa got my medical results and I have not heard anything from the NY office yet. I just checked with my bank and the cashiers cheque I had sent for PPR has not been en-cashed as yet. It has been over 7 weeks since I sent the cheque along with proof of medicals to the NY office.
Dunno what is taking them so long! Judging by other peoples movement based off the NY office, something does not seem right. I am gonna call Ottawa tomorrow and see if they can tell me if the results have been forwarded to NY office or not. Fingers crossed!!

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Good luck Jattu! :D

Anne55
jattu1980 said:
Ok, so it has been almost a month since Ottawa got my medical results and I have not heard anything from the NY office yet. I just checked with my bank and the cashiers cheque I had sent for PPR has not been en-cashed as yet. It has been over 7 weeks since I sent the cheque along with proof of medicals to the NY office.
Dunno what is taking them so long! Judging by other peoples movement based off the NY office, something does not seem right. I am gonna call Ottawa tomorrow and see if they can tell me if the results have been forwarded to NY office or not. Fingers crossed!!

nmat

Jul 29, 2010
jattu1980 said:
I have almost the same time line like you. My Fedex tracking number says the medical documents reached Ottawa on 8th July. Still my status is in process and the visa office is NY.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
jattu1980 said:
Stupid question, but can we submit the PPR fee via credit card. I found out my bank has no longer provided bank draft anymore!!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
Stupid question, but can we submit the PPR fee via credit card. I found out my bank has no longer provided bank draft anymore!!
smallduck, are you referring to the RPRF (Request for Permanent Residence Fee)? PPR (Passport Request) does not require a fee. You can get a bank draft done from any bank if you pay them cash.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
garian4u said:
smallduck, are you referring to the RPRF (Request for Permanent Residence Fee)? PPR (Passport Request) does not require a fee. You can get a bank draft done from any bank if you pay them cash.
Thanks Garian, I meant PPRF :D which is $490. I will ask Chase or BOA bank and see if they provide bank draft when I were asked for that fee ;).

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
And keep in mind that total cost is gonna be somewhere around USD 497-500. The bank (at least Bank of America) will charge processing fee as well.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Honolulu said:
Just a gentle reminder to all you guys.
I took a little over a year to move between a Buffalo AOR and my med request.
I took a little over three months between my med completion and my ppr.

Thought I'd let you know that although annoying and frustrating at times - you simply have no choice but to hang in there.
Spend your time researching life in Canada while you are at it.
Be aware that there is LOTS to prepare for after the magic visa is issued.

Best wishes from an old and fading thread member ;D
Dude, whats up? we had few discussions in between and now you say you are a fading thread member?? come on.. we have to be here for ourselves and others..

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Friends, I have 2 more days for my landing. Getting kind of nervous now. Friday 10:20 PM I would be landing in Toronto. Those who have completed their landing procedure, please let me know what all I need to take with me. I have been following some landing threads and believe I have got everything ready for landing. Still, trying to be 100% sure..

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Friends, I have 2 more days for my landing. Getting kind of nervous now. Friday 10:20 PM I would be landing in Toronto. Those who have completed their landing procedure, please let me know what all I need to take with me. I have been following some landing threads and believe I have got everything ready for landing. Still, trying to be 100% sure..
Don't worry my friend..everything is going to be all right..it is but natural to get nervous...it will be a smooth sailing across the border...judging by what I have read till now...it takes less then 10 minutes for the border crossing processing.
Good luck and keep us informed.

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
welcome aboard Pasi!
Good luck! :D

Anne55
Pasi said:

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Pasi said:
Dude, whats up? we had few discussions in between and now you say you are a fading thread member?? come on.. we have to be here for ourselves and others..
Hey Pasi,
I will watch the thread carefully and certainly contribute where needed.
I guess I meant that my value is now limited.

I will be around in the forums of course. perhaps in other threads!!

BEST WISHES FOR A SMOOTH AND SOFT LANDING!!