+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed between Feb. & Nov. 2008 at Buffalo

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
Anything? I remember seeing one decision made and a few transfers to local office but other than that there has been no visible movement. I filed in June and I'm in the 38 NOC list with no arranged employment or CA experience. What can people like me expect down the road?

Any input appreciated.

baltimore

Feb 11, 2009
I send my medical Aug 2008 to buffalo, still after 6 mounth no news ,I send them an email for update on my case this is the answer,
Background checks or further investigation are necessary in relation with the processing of your and / or your spouse's application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Is any body has the same situation?
If they contact me how much time they will give me to land?
what if my medical get expierde?

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
You have sent your medical because they requested from you? do they also requested Permanant Residency Fee as well? and FBI update too? this is my case, i just submitted the documents i mentioned

claxtonCT

Star Member
Oct 11, 2008
Hey citationx750,

Same situation here. Applied in buffalo, in June 08. Got AOR in October 08 and nothing happened since... My status is “In Process” and “we started processing your application in oct. 2008" thats it. I do not know what (or when) to expect some news....

At one point I thought application filled between feb and nov 2008 would be the first priority on the list. Now, I don't know were we stand...

Lets keep this topic up to date with any news for applicants from buffalo between feb and nov 2008.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i am guessing that it probably is first priority before they get to the post nov application. I don't know of any post nov application that have been processed at buffalo. Processing sometimes can take a lot of time, depending on the candidate.

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
It seems to me that they are going through the files and picking out the ones with CA experience and then transfer them to local. That is definitely a fast track. For the majority of the files they are not in a hurry to return them together with the fees. People like us who are on the 38 list but without CA experience or employment are a definite minority. There are just not enough cases online for me to see what Buffalo is doing with these. If you ask me I think theoretically they should transfer us to local as well. But I can't find enough of an evidence that it's being done.

To Baltimore, what was the date when your application reached Buffalo?

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
Baltimore,

First, my original question of this thread does not apply to you. I asked about applications filed between Feb. - Nov. 2008, which fall into the new immigration system. Yours was filed before Feb. and is being processed under the old system. Two different things.

Yes, time needed for background checks can vary a lot from case to case. Some get it done in 3 months others can take over a year. You have no control over this whatsoever.

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
I submitted my application through Canadavisa.com on Oct10, 2008 to Buffalo office. I have not received any information. I am fall in the new 38 category without employment or CA experience.
I just want to know at least if the office received my application and cashed in my payment.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hello Guys
CIC started processing my file on oct 9, 2008 , i applied to buffalo office. Also my occupation is NOT in goldan 38 list. i do not have any job offer or CA experience. just wants to know whats happening with simliar cases. please keep posted if you know something.

Regards

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
It looks to me that they are working on April 08 applications. Movement has been slow.

If you aren't on the 38 list expect this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rejected-by-new-regulation%01-t15273.0.html