Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Dear friends,
What i can realize from the above conversations that CIO might have lost some applications which were sent to Mailing address not to courier/street address
Applicants who havn't sent your applications yet....
"Be awere!!! Send your application to Courier address:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
Attn.: SW1 -NOC # _ _ _ _
196 George Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 1J3
Canada"
Please note that courier address has no Post Box number so it will be sent directly to CIO office

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
EnvioZA said:
If you sent your application by EMS/Express/ courier service but used above Address, which is by the way a address for regular mail ( P.O. BOX 7500) then I guess your application got lost in wrong address.
If so, please contact the agency by which you sent your application and ask them to retrive it by anyway possible or at least suggest you waht to do now.
I came across similar post before in the forum. In this type of case the online EMS status shows "adress need to be changed" or "new adress needed" type message.
What was your delivery status when last time you checked?
Actually contact your courier service. My understanding is that couriers are not allowed to delivery to the regular post address, which is why they are given a different address to deliver to (the George Street one). However, large couriers will deliver many many applications to CIC and will almost certainly know the correct courier address if they are not allowed to deliver it to the regular address.

If your status states that it was delivered then it has probably been delivered to the correct courier address (which is still in Sydney NS, just a couple of blocks away from the regular postal address). You can find out for sure by contacting the courier.

Which courier did you use?

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Just a quick note on how "behind the times" CIC look like they are technologically:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

They are using "old" asp (Active Server Pages) which was superceded by Microsoft around 2002 with ASP .Net (you can tell an ASP .Net application since it has a page extension .aspx). There are plenty of non-Microsoft options for data-driven pages, of course, but it just occurred to me to wonder how long CIC are intending to use this old web technology to drive a site visited by millions of people daily

If their web technology is 10 years old I dread to think what they're using for a back-end database (Microsoft Access database? :)) or how old their internal systems are.

With an online application system such as the one I have already suggested, fully integrating with their web site, their communication to their millions of applicants could be so much better.

Wayne.

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
original send with application
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
Cappuccino said:
Hi doc manu,

On November 03, 2010, 07:01:28 am » you wrote:
I VE A SIMILAR PROBLEM APPLICATION REACHES CIO ON SEPT 1ST AND B.D STILL NT CASHED SO I CALLD UP CIO N DEY SAY DEY VE NOTHIN IN THEIR RECORDS HOW FRUSTRATING

Now you are saying they have cashed your banker's draft? I assume this is what you mean when you say they've charged the full payment from you.

If they have cashed your draft then they must have your application, so phone them again and explain that your draft is now cashed so can they please confirm your status.

If your draft is not cashed, then I would suggest contacting the courier who delivered your application, and get them to confirm the address is was actually delivered to, in case the courier made a mistake.

Very worse case scenario if neither CIC nor the courier know the whereabouts of your application will be to compile a new application and re-send it. As long as your NOC code is not 1122 you will have a good chance to still make it within the cap. I realise compiling a new application may be very frustrating but it may be the only way if all else fails. You should be able to get duplicate IELTS results without having to re-take the test, and then it should be just a case of re-printing the forms, photocopying your original documents and getting them re-notarized, and also you'll have to get your University transcripts and original employment reference letters again.

Lastly, can you please stop making your entire post in capital letters, you're giving me a headache ;)

Best of luck.
Wayne.
DUDE ITS MY CONSULTANT WHO CHARGED ME FULL MONEY I MEAN THEIR FEES ....AND NT CIO !!!!!

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
doc manu said:
DUDE ITS MY CONSULTANT WHO CHARGED ME FULL MONEY I MEAN THEIR FEES ....AND NT CIO !!!!!
sorry 4 the capital letters bro i was jus lookin for a desperate solution ...nt meant to be loud at neone ... thanks 4 ur help !!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
doc manu said:
sorry 4 the capital letters bro i was jus lookin for a desperate solution ...nt meant to be loud at neone ... thanks 4 ur help !!
Hi doc manu,

Ok, so you paid the fees to your consultant. Do they then make their own banker's draft for CIC? Are they able to tell if that draft has been cashed? Also I assume the consultant used a courier service to get the application to CIC?

I think your next step should be to find the courier service responsible for delivering the package. Try to confirm the actual address that they delivered your application to. If it was the correct address then get a date and a time, and the name of the person who signed for the package @ CIC.

If it was any of the following names:
PAUL
GLEN
P.Robar
G.Miller

Then it is a strong indication that it got to the correct place. If it was a different name search for forum for applications signed for by that name. If you can match the name of the person signing with the above or a common name for received applications on this forum, then it is a strong indication CIC did indeed receive your package, and phone them again with all these details.

Also speak with your consultant. Did they definitely send it to the right place?

Lastly you should start preparing for the fact that you may have to re-compile and re-send your application. Start looking into what will be involved with getting another set of original employment letters, getting an duplicate IELTS results certificate etc.

Best of luck,
Wayne.

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
Cappuccino said:
Hi doc manu,

Ok, so you paid the fees to your consultant. Do they then make their own banker's draft for CIC? Are they able to tell if that draft has been cashed? Also I assume the consultant used a courier service to get the application to CIC?

I think your next step should be to find the courier service responsible for delivering the package. Try to confirm the actual address that they delivered your application to. If it was the correct address then get a date and a time, and the name of the person who signed for the package @ CIC.

If it was any of the following names:
PAUL
GLEN
P.Robar
G.Miller

Then it is a strong indication that it got to the correct place. If it was a different name search for forum for applications signed for by that name. If you can match the name of the person signing with the above or a common name for received applications on this forum, then it is a strong indication CIC did indeed receive your package, and phone them again with all these details.

Also speak with your consultant. Did they definitely send it to the right place?

Lastly you should start preparing for the fact that you may have to re-compile and re-send your application. Start looking into what will be involved with getting another set of original employment letters, getting an duplicate IELTS results certificate etc.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
I made a bankers draft frm icici bank ...and i checked a couple of days back dat its nt cashed...the courier service used was fedex ...n it shows to be received by some P.Robar on sept 1st ...so i hope it reached the right place ...donno wat went wrong then !!

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
doc manu said:
I made a bankers draft frm icici bank ...and i checked a couple of days back dat its nt cashed...the courier service used was fedex ...n it shows to be received by some P.Robar on sept 1st ...so i hope it reached the right place ...donno wat went wrong then !!
Hi. P.Robar (I think it's the same guy as "PAUL") has been reported by many applicants as signed for at the George Street courier address for CIC. So your package was definitely RECEIVED by CIC, it seems.

You really should then phone CIC again, explain that P.Robar signed for your application and give them the date and even the time if possible. If CIC have lost your application they should make every effort to find it before forcing you to go to the massive expense and time of sending a new one.

Secondly I would try to contact ICICI bank and see if they are able to tell if it has been encashed. Did they tell you that it definitely hasn't been cashed yet, or that they are unable to tell if it's been cashed? Some banks are not able to tell, larger international banks such as HSBC can.

All of this pain would be unnecessary of course if CIC would just send an email when they receive an application!

Anyway, best of luck.
Wayne.

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
Cappuccino said:
Actually contact your courier service. My understanding is that couriers are not allowed to delivery to the regular post address, which is why they are given a different address to deliver to (the George Street one). However, large couriers will deliver many many applications to CIC and will almost certainly know the correct courier address if they are not allowed to deliver it to the regular address.

If your status states that it was delivered then it has probably been delivered to the correct courier address (which is still in Sydney NS, just a couple of blocks away from the regular postal address). You can find out for sure by contacting the courier.

Which courier did you use?

Wayne.
@Wayne,
Actually its not me , I was addressing to vncviewer who unfortunately sent his package to regular mailing address by express service.Second point is that express service/courier service indeed accept your package regardless which address you write on your package.
At least it happened to me but I immediately realized and called them to stop the delivery. It was EMS service of Japan post, one of the best service in the planet.
At last I could change the address and they received my application on 22nd OCT. Within a week my CC has been charged.

Wish you will keep hearing good news regarding your case.
Wish me good luck so that rest of the process goes without any circus from CIC.
Cheers.

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
Cappuccino said:
Hi. P.Robar (I think it's the same guy as "PAUL") has been reported by many applicants as signed for at the George Street courier address for CIC. So your package was definitely RECEIVED by CIC, it seems.

You really should then phone CIC again, explain that P.Robar signed for your application and give them the date and even the time if possible. If CIC have lost your application they should make every effort to find it before forcing you to go to the massive expense and time of sending a new one.

Secondly I would try to contact ICICI bank and see if they are able to tell if it has been encashed. Did they tell you that it definitely hasn't been cashed yet, or that they are unable to tell if it's been cashed? Some banks are not able to tell, larger international banks such as HSBC can.

All of this pain would be unnecessary of course if CIC would just send an email when they receive an application!

Anyway, best of luck.
Wayne.
Well that sounds like a gud idea i think i would call cio again and tell them the same..n so far my b.d is concernd it is outstanding for sure as told by my bank ...

Spicejet

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010, CC 09-09-2010
IELTS Request
Sent - 8.5
If CIC are already done processing applications till begining/mid-september would they not have an AOR number assigned to the application, atleast in their internal records?

I had to call the service center for some HR issue at my firm, and they mentioned my file only has the client ID number assigned to it and they can not provide me with any other number.

Also, the agent mentioned the same story about waiting for upto 33 wks before receiving any email from CIC in terms of status of the application. Another point noted was that we can not send any additional information to the CIO and application once sent is considered the Holy Grail. Any updates will have to be sent to the visa office, if, of course the application makes it there.

Either the service center agents don't have access/authorization to disclose AOR numbers, or CIC simply have not assigned any till date, even when they say eligibility review is done till early/mid september applicants.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Spicejet said:
If CIC are already done processing applications till begining/mid-september would they not have an AOR number assigned to the application, atleast in their internal records?

I had to call the service center for some HR issue at my firm, and they mentioned my file only has the client ID number assigned to it and they can not provide me with any other number.

Also, the agent mentioned the same story about waiting for upto 33 wks before receiving any email from CIC in terms of status of the application. Another point noted was that we can not send any additional information to the CIO and application once sent is considered the Holy Grail. Any updates will have to be sent to the visa office, if, of course the application makes it there.

Either the service center agents don't have access/authorization to disclose AOR numbers, or CIC simply have not assigned any till date, even when they say eligibility review is done till early/mid september applicants.

Ok let's see what information we have currently:
- People who have phoned have been told eligibility review has been completed on applications received into early September (so that's all July, all August and some of September)
- Many people have been told it will be 33 weeks before we hear anything
- A few people have been told it will be approx 4 months from encashment before we hear anything

IMO too many people have been told that some eligibility reviews have been complete for all those CIC agents to be wrong, so from this I draw the following conclusions:

a) After eligibility review is complete a separate department deals with fully entering the data on their computers and issuing AORs. Up until this point there may only be a client ID scrawled on the top of the paper application and no other computer records. This department has a large volume of applications to enter into the system, hence the long projected delay.

b) The delay is because CIC are choosing to wait for issuing AORs. This could be because they are waiting until the 20,000 cap is reached, although looking at current numbers it would seem that

Now, I suspect a) is more likely than b). But, if this was the case, and a bundle of approved eligible applications were waiting to be entered onto the system and AOR issued, it surely wouldn't take 33 weeks for REJECTED applications to be returned? i.e. those which had been for eligibility review and were found ineligible.

So, if during the next few weeks we start hearing of some rejections, but still no-one has AOR, we might assume that a) above is the situation. If even after several weeks nobody receives a rejection, then it could be that b) is the case and that CIC are deliberately stalling.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.

Spicejet

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2010, CC 09-09-2010
IELTS Request
Sent - 8.5
They surely have a computer system system in place from where the client ID information is retrieved. Though it might be the case that there is "another" system which stores AORs, which does not make much sense. However, entering data into computer systems seems to me a lot less of an administrative hurdle rather than doing eligibility reviews themselves. Hence I believe that data entry can not be the sole reason for this delay.

Also, waiting for 20000 cap might not be realistic in terms of many NOCs may not be filled during the intake year. Although, they might start to release AORs based on NOCs whose cap is filled. But still, why would they wait to send out AORs to few folks in occupations which are not seeing a major flurry of applications is beyond me. I would imagine that if there is scarcity of resources and only a few people are available, i would on-board them ASAP.

Well, its still early stages for this process and i agree that until we see a few AORs or rejections, we cant really be sure.
Just my 0.02$.
Cappuccino said:
Ok let's see what information we have currently:
- People who have phoned have been told eligibility review has been completed on applications received into early September (so that's all July, all August and some of September)
- Many people have been told it will be 33 weeks before we hear anything
- A few people have been told it will be approx 4 months from encashment before we hear anything

IMO too many people have been told that some eligibility reviews have been complete for all those CIC agents to be wrong, so from this I draw the following conclusions:

a) After eligibility review is complete a separate department deals with fully entering the data on their computers and issuing AORs. Up until this point there may only be a client ID scrawled on the top of the paper application and no other computer records. This department has a large volume of applications to enter into the system, hence the long projected delay.

b) The delay is because CIC are choosing to wait for issuing AORs. This could be because they are waiting until the 20,000 cap is reached, although looking at current numbers it would seem that

Now, I suspect a) is more likely than b). But, if this was the case, and a bundle of approved eligible applications were waiting to be entered onto the system and AOR issued, it surely wouldn't take 33 weeks for REJECTED applications to be returned? i.e. those which had been for eligibility review and were found ineligible.

So, if during the next few weeks we start hearing of some rejections, but still no-one has AOR, we might assume that a) above is the situation. If even after several weeks nobody receives a rejection, then it could be that b) is the case and that CIC are deliberately stalling.

My 2 cents,
Wayne.

Bindu

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
By God's Grace on 01-12-2010
File Transfer...
2nd AOR by GOD's Grace on 21-Feb-2011
Med's Request
Recieved by Allmighty GOD Jesus Christ's grace on 08-03-2011
Med's Done....
Completed the Med by God's Grace on 14-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport and RPRF sent by God's Grace on 17-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Status changed to Decision Made on 25th June 2011 , Visa Issued by God's Grace on July 15th 2011
LANDED..........
Landed by God's Grace in Toronto on 11th Aug 2011
Hi Saurav,

If you are preparing to submit under 1122, then I'm afraid that the cap of 1000 applicant will be reached by the time CIC get your complete application (probably it is allready filled by now). Check the link below for the number of applicants in each NOC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

If you still want to give a try then you can find the required document details from the below link

Brief list of documents required

1) Attested copies of all your educational marks card
2) Original IELTS report
3)Original Bank statement
4) Academic original Transcript in sealed envelope of your Graduation and Master's (if applicable) from University/ College
5) Bank Draft / Credit card enachment details
6) Birth Certificate (no substitute for this)
7) Attested Passport copies

The above set of documents is required for the spouse, the bank statement and bank draft is common for the principal and dependent applicants.

PCC and medicals are to be submitted later at the Visa Office

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

Also you can go thru the below specific thread in this forum to clear your doubts regarding the documents to be sent to CIO

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-need-to-send-all-documents-to-the-cio-now-not-visa-office-t45808.0.html

Regards
Bindu

Saurav said:
Dear Bindu,
Please guide me what document i need to send CIO? i am applying under 1122.
please also guide me which doc need original or Zerox copy?

Saurav

C

Cam1234

I was going through the May and June Forums last night. All those congratulation messages for AORs make you feel good.. :)

Chin up everyone, at some stage this board will be filled with congratulation messages as well... just a matter of time. 8)

Best of luck to all,
Cam