Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
EnvioZA said:
Thank Wayne.
I understand , since VO are dealing with both old and new (pre and post june), they are making mistakes or just hasn't got used to new (post-june) system.

I thought VO would be faster that CIO, since balk of the work ( completeness check, CC/BD charging ,check all the docs) were finished at CIO.
They should have some time scale to finish the process for post june. So I hope they will start dealing the things in correct way.

Regards,
zahed
Dear Zahed/EnvioZA,

Thanks for your concern on VO, yeah they should be faster than CIO.
One thing I heard from one of my friend in Canada, that the national general election of Canada will be held on November 2011. So, this time they (CIC) are busy with the Citizenship matters-as whom are applied for PR to Citizen. Because they are becoming citizen and will become voter. Normallly, after applying for Citizenship, they required 6months to get first letter. But this time, One guy got this letter just after 3 months. They are guessing that before election, he will be citizen of Canada.

I hope this time CIO/CIC/VO also be faster in immigration matters to meet the normal time limit of 12 months to show-up their efficiency of immigration process in coming election. What you think?

Wishes,
Arasah

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
apple3981 said:
Next time make sure you leave some time in between when you take your medicine and when you let your fingers loose on the keyboard, lol
Oh well, fool yourself and get some kick out of insulting me.
Doesn't bother me a bit.

The fact is: passport on it's own merit is not a proof of one's relationship to a siblings child.

The written statement from relative would probably work IF the applicant included the cover letter explaining WHY the copies of BC's (and similar, officially documented evidence) can't be provided.

I don't know if you need a medicine (certainly not my specialty to do psychological evaluation of posters online) , but you may surely benefit from improving your reasoning ability.

Amro Elsayed

Sep 7, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
voicu said:
Hi all,

Can I get added in the spreadsheet as well?

Thanks.
you have been added to the spread sheet please confirm the mode of payment and of course when you get cashed

Amro

NS_ASR

Jan 23, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 15-09-2010 at CIO
AOR Received.
07-01-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
present status is RECEIVED AT VO
Med's Request
waiting
Hi all, i applied on 7th of sep, 2010 nd CC charged on 28th of sep. got mail fr acceptance on 7th of jan, 2011.
cat is 2121.

NS_ASR

Jan 23, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received on 15-09-2010 at CIO
AOR Received.
07-01-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
present status is RECEIVED AT VO
Med's Request
waiting
do u have information on whether the post 26th june applications will be processed seperately or they will b put behind post nov 2008 38 occupation applications

EnvioZA

Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 22
Doc's Request.
Sent with app.
AOR Received.
15th Feb. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
Med's Request
13/5/2011
Med's Done....
17/5/2011
Passport Req..
9/8/2011
arasah said:
Dear Zahed/EnvioZA,

Thanks for your concern on VO, yeah they should be faster than CIO.
One thing I heard from one of my friend in Canada, that the national general election of Canada will be held on November 2011. So, this time they (CIC) are busy with the Citizenship matters-as whom are applied for PR to Citizen. Because they are becoming citizen and will become voter. Normallly, after applying for Citizenship, they required 6months to get first letter. But this time, One guy got this letter just after 3 months. They are guessing that before election, he will be citizen of Canada.

I hope this time CIO/CIC/VO also be faster in immigration matters to meet the normal time limit of 12 months to show-up their efficiency of immigration process in coming election. What you think?

Wishes,
Arasah
Dear Arasah,
Thankx for sharing the info. I also hope VO will finish processing the post june 2010 applicants before the next batch starts from June 2011. At least complete medical, background check ( if necessary). lets see whats waiting for us.
cheers,
zahed

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
canada0801 said:
The passport does not serve (on its' own merit) as a proof of your uncle being related to your husband.
At least in theory anyone can include a copy of a passport of someone in Canada with written statement of relationship.
However, birth certificates (as also mentioned in an article i copy pasted earlier) can serve as a clear proof of relationship (your uncles BC having the names of his parents and one of your spouses parent's having the BC with the matching names of parents etc.)
Thus, having provided the BC you would have satisfied an initial inquiry into eligibility for points and there would be no doubts at this stage as to your husbands relationship to his uncle in Canada (remember, as an applicant the burden of proof is on YOU).
It would then be up to local VO to conduct further background search and to VALIDATE the claims made on submitted documents (and particularly in this order , not vice versa).

By not providing sufficient evidence you are burdening the CIO officer in Sydney to do the job he didn't feel like HE had to do for YOU (why would they want to spend time and resources to start a background check and find out addl proof of your husband's uncle's relationship to your husband?).
As a result your app got returned to you (and perhaps out of frustration, as i suspect there must have been many similar cases where applicants simply assume that it's CIO's responsibility to establish the proof of relationship on behalf of an applicant).

If you applied under category where the CAP has not been reached yet then you can simply do it right this time and resubmit your application with AS MUCH of documented evidence as CIO may deem necessary.
If your category CAP is reached already then good luck and try to apply next year with everything intact.

Many people here write posts and encourage each other just to make themselves and others feel good.
I will not do the same. I believe your objective is to qualify and get a PR in Canada rather than hear sugarcoated compliments to you and useless vilification of CIC.
Be practical. Focus. Do what necessary. Follow the app. guidelines meticulously.

Good luck!
As a professional and a scientist, I can see your viewpoint - we have to deal with the practicalities and if you stuffed up, then it is your fault. Sometimes people do find excuses and blame others when they have made a mistake.
BUT, as an applicant who is still waiting from 7th September with no reason from CIO and who believes that their application is complete and genuine, I can appreciate the disappointment and upset of others who have been rejected.
CIO are not consistent - they have rejected and sent back some applications and yet others have been given a second chance to submit the correct documents. This is where the unfairness lies and it is appropriate to commiserate with those who have been rejected, even if they have made a mistake with their app, because other people have also erred and yet they have been given a second chance.
Also, we cannot know the exact details of everyone's application and Canadajimmy's case has proved that CIO can be mistaken, so for us to judge who has been rejected fairly and who has been treated unfairly is very difficult and also presumptious.
This process is hard on people and we cannot know the background to their story and how important their application is in their lives.
I would be gentle on people, canada0801.
We reap what we sow.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
I see the cowardly neg-givers are on my case again!
Stuff 'em:p

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
apple3981 said:
Woow... I think in your haste you did not read carefully: " i provided my spouse's uncle pssprt and his statement in our favor establishing his relationship with her[/u].

Next time make sure you leave some time in between when you take your medicine and when you let your fingers loose on the keyboard, lol
And what value is there in insulting people just because of a simple typing error?

Please, grow up.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
queencougar said:
As a professional and a scientist, I can see your viewpoint - we have to deal with the practicalities and if you stuffed up, then it is your fault. Sometimes people do find excuses and blame others when they have made a mistake.
BUT, as an applicant who is still waiting from 7th September with no reason from CIO and who believes that their application is complete and genuine, I can appreciate the disappointment and upset of others who have been rejected.
CIO are not consistent - they have rejected and sent back some applications and yet others have been given a second chance to submit the correct documents. This is where the unfairness lies and it is appropriate to commiserate with those who have been rejected, even if they have made a mistake with their app, because other people have also erred and yet they have been given a second chance.
Also, we cannot know the exact details of everyone's application and Canadajimmy's case has proved that CIO can be mistaken, so for us to judge who has been rejected fairly and who has been treated unfairly is very difficult and also presumptious.
This process is hard on people and we cannot know the background to their story and how important their application is in their lives.
I would be gentle on people, canada0801.
We reap what we sow.
Hi - I agree that we should all be compassionate towards people who have been rejected. I must be very heartbraking/devasting after such a lot of work and such a long wait.

However, as unfair as CIO can be, we have to face reality. As CanadaJimmy has proven, CIO will correct a mistake if the mistake is genuinely there's and you are prepared to invest some time in getting this through to them.

If you have neglected to include a birth certificate of the relative then you have neglected to provide sufficient proof to CIO of your relationship to the person in question. Proving that the person is a Canadian permanent resident or citizen is only part of the proof required. CIO are not very willing to accept written statements as proof, hence why affidavit is not accepted any more for work experience. CIO seem to have a "guilty until proven innocent" approach to supporting documents now.

So here is my thinking
1) If you provide all the correct documentation there should be no problem
2) UNLESS CIO make a mistake, however with enough badgering they will correct their mistake
3) If you don't provide all the correct documentation then a mistake, no matter how small, could lead to rejection. Yes, CIO have been lenient with some people. So from that point of view it is unfair. But many things in life are unfair. I think the moral of the story = don't risk it!

As Canada0801 has mentioned, rejection because of insufficient proof of relationship is not the end of the road. IMO you have two choices.
1) Write to CIO and ask if you send birth certificates and further proof would they consider placing your application back in the queue. Explain how you feel you have more than 67 points with this relationship etc.
2) Bite the bullet and re-submit a fresh application, with the birth certificates and other documents proving your relationship to the person in Canada. If your NOC cap is not yet filled then all you have suffered is merely an annoying delay. Your IELTS results are valid for 2 years and you should be able to just re-print and re-sign your forms, include the extra documents, and you are good to go.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
queencougar said:
I see the cowardly neg-givers are on my case again!
Stuff 'em:p
Aye, I got to +101, -71 so +30 difference (which is the highest I have had) - then the night-neggers went on the prowl again last night so back down to +27 difference now. Still not a single one of them with the courage to post anything.

Wayne.

moegbenga

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra,Ghana
NOC Code......
2151(Architects)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application resent-Jan 26th 2011
Doc's Request.
All sent including PCC.
AOR Received.
PER received 22nd March 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application(6.5 band score)
Med's Request
30th June 2011.
Med's Done....
12th July 2011.
Interview........
waived, Glory be to Jesus.
Passport Req..
8th September 2011.
VISA ISSUED...
19th September 2011.Glory be to Jesus.
LANDED..........
Soon.
Cappuccino said:
And what value is there in insulting people just because of a simple typing error?

Please, grow up.

Wayne.
While we fully appreciate the efforts of guys trying to make sure everybody is okay in the forum by offering words of encouragement and advise,some are simply here to either make fun of people or busy giving them NEGS,i think this forum is very important to us and we should not allow people with questionable intentions to hijack it.Good work wayne,indira,naija pikin,advance 123,katyspring and other good guys on the forum,do not let the antics of these distractors affect your good work,and lastly nice one wayne for your blog.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Cappuccino said:
Hi - I agree that we should all be compassionate towards people who have been rejected. I must be very heartbraking/devasting after such a lot of work and such a long wait.

However, as unfair as CIO can be, we have to face reality. As CanadaJimmy has proven, CIO will correct a mistake if the mistake is genuinely there's and you are prepared to invest some time in getting this through to them.

If you have neglected to include a birth certificate of the relative then you have neglected to provide sufficient proof to CIO of your relationship to the person in question. Proving that the person is a Canadian permanent resident or citizen is only part of the proof required. CIO are not very willing to accept written statements as proof, hence why affidavit is not accepted any more for work experience. CIO seem to have a "guilty until proven innocent" approach to supporting documents now.

So here is my thinking
1) If you provide all the correct documentation there should be no problem
2) UNLESS CIO make a mistake, however with enough badgering they will correct their mistake
3) If you don't provide all the correct documentation then a mistake, no matter how small, could lead to rejection. Yes, CIO have been lenient with some people. So from that point of view it is unfair. But many things in life are unfair. I think the moral of the story = don't risk it!

As Canada0801 has mentioned, rejection because of insufficient proof of relationship is not the end of the road. IMO you have two choices.
1) Write to CIO and ask if you send birth certificates and further proof would they consider placing your application back in the queue. Explain how you feel you have more than 67 points with this relationship etc.
2) Bite the bullet and re-submit a fresh application, with the birth certificates and other documents proving your relationship to the person in Canada.
I think there is an order to emotions, isn't there?
Everyone who gets rejected will go through a series of feelings.
Initially, the devastation after so many weeks of hope will be crushing and you will think it is all over. You will be angry and want to blame someone else. You will call it unfair and rail against the decision. You will say that is it - I cannot go through that again.
After a while, you will be able to be calmer and see the truth of the decision - review the evidence and decide if CIO have been mistaken or accept if it is actually a failure on your part.
Only then can you make a sensible decision about how to proceed - to pursue CIO to change their decision or to accept the returned app, correct the error and start again.
In the early stages of this it is very hard to be criticised by others because you hurt so much and negative or even just practical comments only add to that. In the initial stages people need support and sympathy. We should be sensitive and judge when someone is ready to hear the more critical comments. Straight after they receive their rejection is not that time.

This is just my opinion, of course :)

victor.shareen

Dec 7, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
1st PER - 25.01.2011 & 2nd AOR - 21.02.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application (Band - 8.5)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03.03.2011 PPR/RPRF/PCC Sent : 21.03.2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi everyone,

W had applied on 15th September 2010...the money was cashed on 6th October 2010....all the doc's were sent to CIO, Nova Scotia....But no info after that.....

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
victor.shareen said:
Hi everyone,

W had applied on 15th September 2010...the money was cashed on 6th October 2010....all the doc's were sent to CIO, Nova Scotia....But no info after that.....
Welcome! I hope you hear something soon.