Waived
Passport Req..
Received dt 17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26th july 2011
LANDED..........
August 2011
yukon said:
Congrats zeddm for the medicals. Are you applied with an AEO? How old is your AEO (when was it approved)?
Thanks Yukon,
My AEO was positively approved on 17th July 2010.

Zeddm

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
4.3.11 IN PROCESS 26.7.11
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
CalVdS said:
I haven't been monitoring the forum lately so sorry if this has been discussed here but I think the following news item explains the strange NER's and long waits for PER for FSW2...
http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?category=News&clipid=1695038953
This is old news, CalVdS, but thanks for posting it again, as others may not have seen it.
However, there are TWO situations with Category 2 applicants which are very different.
In the first, the AEO is given, as happened to the guy in the video but the applicant has not gone to Canada to take up the post. In fact, they may never have been to Canada! They also have used an Immigration Consultant to "find" the job for them and also to act for them in the FSW application.
In the second case, like us, the Principal Applicant gets the job offer and LMO and then applies for a Temporary Work Permit and begins work in Canada. This is a totally different situation for VO checking, as it is very simple to check if someone is working for a company! There is no possibility of the job being non-existent or fraudulent, as checking is simple as can be. My husband did exactly this and CIC can easily check both his job status, his address, his company credentials and his tax etc. in Canada if they want to.
While this news story does explain why CIC are suspicious of those who have AEO but have not taken up their job and do not intend to do so until they are PR, it does not explain those of us who are already working in Canada under a TWP following a positive LMO.
In my opinion, the two different circumstances of Cat 2 should be treated very differently, as the first situation is open to this kind of abuse, while the TWP route is not.
In any case, had we known this before we applied, we would have gone down the PNP route, but we were not in a position to know that CIC were going to renege on their 6 month processing for our category. :'(

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
queencougar said:
This is old news, CalVdS, but thanks for posting it again, as others may not have seen it.
However, there are TWO situations with Category 2 applicants which are very different.
In the first, the AEO is given, as happened to the guy in the video but the applicant has not gone to Canada to take up the post. In fact, they may never have been to Canada! They also have used an Immigration Consultant to "find" the job for them and also to act for them in the FSW application.
In the second case, like us, the Principal Applicant gets the job offer and LMO and then applies for a Temporary Work Permit and begins work in Canada. This is a totally different situation for VO checking, as it is very simple to check if someone is working for a company! There is no possibility of the job being non-existent or fraudulent, as checking is simple as can be. My husband did exactly this and CIC can easily check both his job status, his address, his company credentials and his tax etc. in Canada if they want to.
While this news story does explain why CIC are suspicious of those who have AEO but have not taken up their job and do not intend to do so until they are PR, it does not explain those of us who are already working in Canada under a TWP following a positive LMO.
In my opinion, the two different circumstances of Cat 2 should be treated very differently, as the first situation is open to this kind of abuse, while the TWP route is not.
In any case, had we known this before we applied, we would have gone down the PNP route, but we were not in a position to know that CIC were going to renege on their 6 month processing for our category. :'(
I completely agree with these being totally different. In fact, I am surprised they are not classed as different categories of FSW.

Wayne,.

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Cay_sha said:
I don't know. This is the instruction from the letter from Warsaw Visa Office. It clearly states that medicals must be sent to CHC London and CHC London gives the decision to Warsaw up to 8 weeks.
Any other countries who are a bit naff at getting their own applications sorted want to pile in to London?
Please, be our guest; we natives will just wait at the back of the queue for our own Visa Office while our officers do the work for other offices that can't manage to get theirs done for whatever reason.
WHOSE STUPID DECISION IS THIS????.
Islamabad applications, Warsaw medicals.....
Haven't London got enough to do trying to process their own applications with the biggest backlog and currently by far the slowest processing without the rest of the world piling theirs on?
If it is anything like the Islamabad applications, the Warsaw ones will get processed well before the UK ones.
Talk about totally unfair!

(Not your fault, Cay_sha, I understand that ;).)

Adroit

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
Any other countries who are a bit naff at getting their own applications sorted want to pile in to London?
Please, be our guest; we natives will just wait at the back of the queue for our own Visa Office while our officers do the work for other offices that can't manage to get theirs done for whatever reason.
Islamabad applications, Warsaw medicals.....
Haven't London got enough to do trying to process their own applications with the biggest backlog and currently by far the slowest processing without the rest of the world piling theirs on?
If it is anything like the Islamabad applications, the Warsaw ones will get processed well before the UK ones.
Talk about totally unfair!

(Not your fault, Cay_sha, I understand that ;).)
Queencouger,

its not only you who suffers with this decision, also applicants from Pakistan (Islamabad office) suffer alot with this decision of CIC.

bhavikcpatel

Star Member
Jul 18, 2010
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent With Original Application to CIO ,
AOR Received.
11-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent With Original Application to CIO ( 6 Band - 8 Point)
File Transfer...
04-04-2011
Med's Request
24-05-2011
Med's Done....
02-06-2011
Passport Req..
24-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2011
LANDED..........
13-12-2011
Hi Indira,

Congratulations and Best of Luck

Have u pleanned anything for Canada intended date of landing. do let me know about Architect oppertunity if u have registered for CIIP
Viktoria said:
Congratulations Indira,

All the best in future life in Canada!

Viktoria

punter

Star Member
Oct 20, 2010
PJ126 said:
1st day Buffalo is closed for the week. Wondering who's will get done by them.
How do we know they are closed? I might have missed the news link, if it was posted. Can you please re-post/PM me.
Thanks!

queencougar

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial app.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with initial app.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21.12. 2011
LANDED..........
Already here on TWP.
Adroit said:
Queencouger,

its not only you who suffers with this decision, also applicants from Pakistan (Islamabad office) suffer alot with this decision of CIC.
Really?
Then how do you explain the fact that applications from the Islamabad office have a dedicated team in London to process them and the fact that they are getting processed before those who are applying to their own country?
I have nothing against any nationality, just the absurdity of sending applications half way round the world to a VO that is already struggling to deal with their own applications and who have to have a dedicated team to deal with them because of the language issues.
Surely New Delhi or indeed any another office which seems to be getting its applications dealt with more quickly would have been a better decision?

PJ126

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/12/2010
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
File Transfer...
01/04/2011
punter said:
How do we know they are closed? I might have missed the news link, if it was posted. Can you please re-post/PM me.
Thanks!
It says in Buffalo's website. They are closed to catch up on their backlog, but however, they didn't clearly specify what backlog and what exactly they will be working on.
I just keep my fingers crossed. To me, though they might not be working on post 6/26's, at least they know they are behind in processing files and are willing to do things to speed up things. Who knows, if not this time, maybe next time will be our turn. =)

dcho

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
hi everyone,

anyone who can give me an idea on how long will it take to receive the medical request by post from the moment that my ecas status changed to "In Process" with additional line of "your application was reviewed and we started processing your application may 31, 2011...thanks in advance for those who will reply :) :) :) good luck to us all...

always,
dcho

Bman

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
12/07/11
Med's Done....
27/07/11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/10/11
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2011
I made two FSW applications last year, the first was in March and the other in August. The March application was unsuccesful but I

eventually got my PER after the August application. My ecas status has always shown the two applications until Friday. On Friday, they

deleted the unsuccesful March application from my ecas leaving behind only the August application. What should I make of that?

Should I take this as a sign that they are finally working on my application? My status is still RBVO though.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
punter,

Here you go

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/contact-contactez.aspx

Rd

punter said:
Thanks!

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
He got it on 01st June 2011. @ SatishMAN.

Regards,
Mayank

moabbasi said:
Done... when it got in-process?

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
queencougar said:
Really?
Then how do you explain the fact that applications from the Islamabad office have a dedicated team in London to process them and the fact that they are getting processed before those who are applying to their own country?
I have nothing against any nationality, just the absurdity of sending applications half way round the world to a VO that is already struggling to deal with their own applications and who have to have a dedicated team to deal with them because of the language issues.
Surely New Delhi or indeed any another office which seems to be getting its applications dealt with more quickly would have been a better decision?
Why New Delhi?
Doesn't your logic apply here?
"Any other countries who are a bit naff at getting their own applications sorted want to pile in to London?"

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
You are making it sound like the applicants from these countries are responsible for this mess. We all know who is reponsible and it's wrong on your part to blame these countries or the applicants from these countries.

queencougar said: