+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Upload Error

lostperson

Jun 3, 2019
Jun 3, 2019
I think they solved the problem this morning with the maintenance break. I have just managed to upload the exact same form that was giving me the error message two days ago.

saadimt

Jul 15, 2019
Hello!

I am trying to upload my application for my study permit however I keep on receiving this message.

What can I do?

The form could not be submitted because errors were found.
Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted

Problem solved !

The issue is coming from PDF viewer that you're using to fill the form.

You should use Adobe acrobat pro to fill the form and validate. It works. fill, validate, save and then upload.

I wonder why the whole canada.ca website still can't solve such small famous issue.

Regards,

jampa9

Jul 31, 2019
Can someone from the forum mail me the application form imm5257 02-2019. I tried in chrome/safari Mac/win and every time it download the same page .or error message.Please wait you need latest version of Acrobat reader blah blah

jab32216@gmail.com

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Can someone from the forum mail me the application form imm5257 02-2019. I tried in chrome/safari Mac/win and every time it download the same page .or error message.Please wait you need latest version of Acrobat reader blah blah

jab32216@gmail.com
Are you opening in browser or desktop ? You can only open this on adobe reader desktop application.

jampa9

Jul 31, 2019
same error mesg

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.

Danish kakkar

Jan 17, 2020
Hey there, thank you for your advice! I was wondering where did you get your hands on the 02-2019 version of the IMM5257E form? Could you please send it on to me if that's possible? My email is cheechek@tcd.ie. Please and thanks a million!!
Hello can you please send me the imm5257e form 02 -2019 thankyou so much
My email-id:-danishkakkar1993@gmail.com

Da_helper

Jul 16, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hello guys!

When applying for my study permit, I found that instead of printing the 'study application' document to a .pdf file, saving the file on my computer worked! Please keep in mind that you must have a 'successful validation' in order for this to work. Once you've gotten a successful validation notification, check for a 'file' option in the upper left hand corner of your screen, then click on where it says 'save as.' Save the file to a convenient location (which can be your desktop or a commonly used folder.) Return to your application on the official Canadian website and retry uploading your file/document. This method worked for me! Best of luck!

File ---> save as

Lisaslam

Sep 24, 2021
Success!!! I had the same problem. I updated my adobe to the latest version then validated and saved the file again and was able to upload it.

Lily_

Feb 1, 2024
Hi everyone,

After spending hours on this, downloading a new form and filling it out worked for me. A few tips:

- Download the latest version of the form.
- Do not change the form name after downloading it.
- Do not copy and paste anything from other forms.

Good luck.