+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application to CPA British Columbia via ACCA MRA

hasanahm88

Oct 12, 2017
Hi guys,

I have recently tried to use the ACCA MRA with CPA British Columbia (CPABC) to grant me CPA. The requirement is to be member of ACCA and 3yr or 4 yr bachelor degree. However, in my case, I have only ACCA membership and a MSc Finance degree from UK. I dont have a bachelor degree and I got the masters course when I was part qualified ACCA.

If I quote CPABC, they said:

"One of the requirements for Direct Membership under MRA is a 3 or 4 years Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from a degree granting Post-Secondary Institution other than ACCA.

Master’s degree on its own is considered insufficient for direct admission to membership."

My question is simple, is there an alternate way to get in? Any one reading this thread can tell me if the following is a possible solution:

> To use WES attestation which translates ACCA into a 4 yr bachelor degree.

To readers of this thread, can you tell me if anyone has faced similar issue and what was the alternative suggested. I would really like to hear more on this. I am really interested in using this MRA to get CPA.

Regards

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi guys,

I have recently tried to use the ACCA MRA with CPA British Columbia (CPABC) to grant me CPA. The requirement is to be member of ACCA and 3yr or 4 yr bachelor degree. However, in my case, I have only ACCA membership and a MSc Finance degree from UK. I dont have a bachelor degree and I got the masters course when I was part qualified ACCA.

"One of the requirements for Direct Membership under MRA is a 3 or 4 years Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from a degree granting Post-Secondary Institution other than ACCA.

Master’s degree on its own is considered insufficient for direct admission to membership."

My question is simple, is there an alternate way to get in? Any one reading this thread can tell me if the following is a possible solution:

To readers of this thread, can you tell me if anyone has faced similar issue and what was the alternative suggested. I would really like to hear more on this. I am really interested in using this MRA to get CPA.

Regards
Have you gotten any reply on this? Please share since I am on the same boat

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Hi guys,

Regards
hello did you sort that out?

hasanahm88

Oct 12, 2017
Hi Nomad, unfortunately, CPA BC was adamant i must have a bachelors degree, but Ontario it seems accepts it, but for the requirement to be resident there.

Regards

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Nomad, unfortunately, CPA BC was adamant i must have a bachelors degree, but Ontario it seems accepts it, but for the requirement to be resident there.

Regards
Have you contact CPA-Ontario. I am wondering if they accepts 3 years Bachelor degree or required 4 years one?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Not yet, I am not resident in Ontario, still outside Canada.
Okay thanks. We are Ontario resident, my wife will be applying CPA Ontario through MRA with ACCA in a year time. She is bit confused about the credit requirement of the degree. In their website, it is just mentioned "Have a degree from a recognized university if you were admitted in ACCA after December 31, 1997" noting more than credit requirement as mentioned in CPA- BC. Not to mentioned we have to go through the whole WES process, which is another journey.