Oct 5, 2022
New York
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-07-2021
Hi fellas,

Trying to understand if my application is stuck. I completed my biometrics & medical just about a year ago. My app still shows background check pending (even though the FBI background came back clean in Feb), and has been this way for ~6 months.

Is this a common occurrence / Did I miss doing something? (It feels to me the normal timeline is on the order of a few weeks, not months.)

Stream: PNP/EE Ontario
ITA: Aug. 2021
Medicals reviewed: Jan. 2022
Biometrics reviewed: Feb. 2022
Background - Pending
(Applying from outside Canada)

I came across other folks on this forum requesting GCMS notes, so I've gone ahead with that. Hopefully will have more information in the next 2 weeks. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thank you!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi fellas,

Trying to understand if my application is stuck. I completed my biometrics & medical just about a year ago. My app still shows background check pending (even though the FBI background came back clean in Feb), and has been this way for ~6 months.

Is this a common occurrence / Did I miss doing something? (It feels to me the normal timeline is on the order of a few weeks, not months.)

Stream: PNP/EE Ontario
ITA: Aug. 2021
Medicals reviewed: Jan. 2022
Biometrics reviewed: Feb. 2022
Background - Pending
(Applying from outside Canada)

I came across other folks on this forum requesting GCMS notes, so I've gone ahead with that. Hopefully will have more information in the next 2 weeks. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thank you!
Did you ever engage in terrorism or a plot to overthrow a foreign government, or religious desecration?

If not you should be good. They have to get this stuff right and with so many applicants, it's taking time. They also contact other governments to get data about you, so it's often the case other parties are slow too.

Ski_Lounge

Oct 5, 2022
New York
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-07-2021
Did you ever engage in terrorism or a plot to overthrow a foreign government, or religious desecration?

If not you should be good. They have to get this stuff right and with so many applicants, it's taking time. They also contact other governments to get data about you, so it's often the case other parties are slow too.
Appreciate the information! So I should have clarified in my post -- it looks like IRCC has not even started this process. Here's the exact status.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Appreciate the information! So I should have clarified in my post -- it looks like IRCC has not even started this process. Here's the exact status.
Can you and copy paste your full application progress. I'm thinking it's most likely just due to backlogs so nothing to worry about.

E.g. this is mine (PNP non-EE with AOR).

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Ski_Lounge

Oct 5, 2022
New York
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-07-2021
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
  • January 2022 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
  • February 2022 Completed.

Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Ski_Lounge

Oct 5, 2022
New York
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-07-2021
So I got a more detailed set of information by requesting GCMS notes. The thing that stood out to me was this line that said:

App on hold -- Biometrics error - 2022-05
Ugh. Is contacting the IRCC the next step here? I don't recall seeing any email update about this, and I'm concerned this was settled 5 months ago.

Any thoughts @moscatojuices? Thank you!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
So I got a more detailed set of information by requesting GCMS notes. The thing that stood out to me was this line that said:

Ugh. Is contacting the IRCC the next step here? I don't recall seeing any email update about this, and I'm concerned this was settled 5 months ago.

Any thoughts @moscatojuices? Thank you!
Wtf??? Your last post said: "Biometrics - February 2022 Completed."

And now they've had an error regarding this and put your file on hold since May? Weird.

I'm going to guess its operational incompetence on their end.

I would probably ask them about this in a webform, ask if they can send a message to the responsible office to ensure it's investigated as you're concerned that the file has been on hold since May it seems. Mind you it's Express Entry, they have an obligation to process it quickly. But I think for now sending the webform is the only thing you can do.

Ski_Lounge

Oct 5, 2022
New York
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-07-2021
Yea... My online portal status looks just fine. I'm furious with myself for not having researched about GMCS notes and learned about this earlier.

Thanks for the suggestion, just submitted the webform request. The only thing I can think of -- I have a Canadian visa for which I did biometrics 5-7 years ago, and then redid biometrics at USCIS this year, perhaps there is some oddity there.

I will update when I hear back from the webform. Thank you very much for the guidance! This forum & community sometimes is the only solace in this awful application process.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yea... My online portal status looks just fine. I'm furious with myself for not having researched about GMCS notes and learned about this earlier.

Thanks for the suggestion, just submitted the webform request. The only thing I can think of -- I have a Canadian visa for which I did biometrics 5-7 years ago, and then redid biometrics at USCIS this year, perhaps there is some oddity there.

I will update when I hear back from the webform. Thank you very much for the guidance! This forum & community sometimes is the only solace in this awful application process.
All good. But normally people are meant to trust IRCC to handle the application process without our intervention and if there's some biometrics error, they can always ask you to redo it. I can't believe the app has been on hold since May - but mind you in our PNP Non-EE stream, it can be months in between having an update. You applied before Fraser promised a 6 month SLA, so I'm thinking yours is simply delayed like many of the other EE PNP applications before July 2022. As long as your did your biometrics in the last 10 years its fine - US CBP made me do my biometrics twice in the last 4 years when I visited the States.