+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application status changed from "In process" to "Application Received"? explain?

ImPerplexed

Dec 10, 2016
Nothing changed when clicking at "Application received" though. It is still listing only step 1 "we have received your application on..."

The only thing that's changed is that it went from "In process" to "Application received". Can someone please tell me what's going on?

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
ImPerplexed said:
Nothing changed when clicking at "Application received" though. It is still listing only step 1 "we have received your application on..."

The only thing that's changed is that it went from "In process" to "Application received". Can someone please tell me what's going on?
Good, they start working on your file and you application is complete.

ImPerplexed

Dec 10, 2016
Lasso said:
Good, they start working on your file and you application is complete.

But isn't this a step backwards? Isn't it supposed to go from Application received to In process and not the opposite like what happened to mine?

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
ImPerplexed said:
But isn't this a step backwards? Isn't it supposed to go from Application received to In process and not the opposite like what happened to mine?
These statuses are sometimes updated on time and other times they are delayed so the ECAS is not very reliable source of information. It is kind of internal glitch, just wait.

Aljamous

Nov 9, 2017
Hello there,

The same issue happened with my application recently, (Application Received) > Then to (In Process)> Then backward step to (Application Received)!
Any updates with your case?

Thanks!

Reactions: schweiz19

joannewang016

Nov 9, 2017

May I ask when you submited the application? Have you received any update since March? Thank you so much!

Je-an

Apr 20, 2018
Good day. I am newbie here.I applied my Pr through paper based application. My status is in process applied in March 2017, I got married and added my spouse application to my file in January 2018, I called CIC and he got added to my file after 2 weeks I submitted his file. But this morning I check my application status and it changed suddenly from “in Process” to “Application received”.Is it good or bad.I will really appreciate if someone could help me in this.Thank you.

Je-an

Apr 20, 2018

Hi Is there any update regarding this status changed? I just check my online status and it suddenly change from
In Process to application received.Thank you

Sanam1989

Apr 24, 2018
Good day. I am newbie here.I applied my Pr through paper based application. My status is in process applied in March 2017, I got married and added my spouse application to my file in January 2018, I called CIC and he got added to my file after 2 weeks I submitted his file. But this morning I check my application status and it changed suddenly from “in Process” to “Application received”.Is it good or bad.I will really appreciate if someone could help me in this.Thank you.
Even my Application Status has been changed from "in Process” to “Application received” in last week, but not sure if its good or bad

Reactions: schweiz19

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Same thing happened to me.

My eCAS, on sponsored side (Permanent Residence Application Status) changed to "In process" from "Application Received" and on sponsor's side (Sponsorship Application Status) changed from "In process" to Application received". No messages when I click. Nothing has been changed on MyCIC account either.

I hope is a good sign

Je-an

Apr 20, 2018
Same thing happened to me.

My eCAS, on sponsored side (Permanent Residence Application Status) changed to "In process" from "Application Received" and on sponsor's side (Sponsorship Application Status) changed from "In process" to Application received". No messages when I click. Nothing has been changed on MyCIC account either.

I hope is a good sign

Hi do you have an update regarding your status?
Thank you.

Gio1908

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Hi do you have an update regarding your status?
Thank you.
Hi,

No, I don't have any changes since then.
I got my GCMS notes yesterday and I saw that Criminality is in process and security will be soon and eligibilit as well.
I am guessing that at the end of the month I ll have an update for my status.