+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent in Feb 2013, who already received the acknowledgment letter?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
YYZguy416 said:
Hi guys,

I told you before that my file was transferred to Scarborough on September 19th. Today I called again, and was told that my application was actually sent to Mississauga even though my local office is Scarborough. The agent told me that is because Mississauga and Scarborough share workload. There is a problem though. Even though the application was sent from Sydney on September 19, there is no confirmation from Mississauga that they have received the application. I hope they haven't lost my application.
I don't think the local office issues the AOR, the only correspondence from them is usually the invitation for the test or RQ.

espn103

Sep 16, 2013
I called CIC today and the agent told me that once the file is transferred to local office then they'll issue test date or RQ within 9 months.i don't know if she was saying truth or not.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi Suin,

I don't mean the AOR. The agent said that they should see a confirmation of receipt by local office within their internal system, and she could not see that message.

Suin said:
I don't think the local office issues the AOR, the only correspondence from them is usually the invitation for the test or RQ.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
YYZguy416 said:
Hi Suin,

I don't mean the AOR. The agent said that they should see a confirmation of receipt by local office within their internal system, and she could not see that message.
Recently the CIC agents can't find many updats in the files. The same happened to me when I phoned them about AOR for my sponsorship application.
Maybe we need to give them some time to run system updates. :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
YYZguy416 said:
Hi Suin,

I would suggest you to call again today. I've just called them and the agent said that my file was transferred and already received by the local office in Mississauga on October 4. Maybe the system has been updated this morning.

Behnam_canada

Aug 25, 2013
Hi guys,

When an application is returned because of, for example lack of official school record, is it considered as a non-routine application or a regular application with a new receiving date when it is re-submitted.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Behnam_canada said:
Hi guys,

When an application is returned because of, for example lack of official school record, is it considered as a non-routine application or a regular application with a new receiving date when it is re-submitted.
They assign the "non-routine" title to the application after they receive and start working on your application and see the reason for issuing RQ. Your application has not gotten to that point yet. When you re-sibmit your application the new date will be assigned to it - the date it will be received and then the date when they will start working on it.

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
My timelines: (I did receive the application back for lack of school records even though I sent them a transcript and copy of my Master`s degree from a Canadian University).

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 12, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 9, 2013.

I have not contacted CIC regarding a status update yet but will do soon and post what I find out.

helloimmigrationworld

Star Member
Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
Hi,
I have applied on Oct 2012, but in the Ecas status it says that we have started processing your application on Feb 19th, 2013. I did not hear anything about my test or anything from CIC, do you think i should call them, i called one but she did not say anything. Does any one know, calling frequently (I called one tho) will increase the chance of getting RQ? Anybody with same time line?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
I would suggest you to call again today. I've just called them and the agent said that my file was transferred and already received by the local office in Mississauga on October 4. Maybe the system has been updated this morning.
CIC uses software systems which gives access to an applicant file for inquiry only to all the authorized users and update access to people who work or are working on the file. It doesn't require any system update, all it requires is an input by an agent who has access to it and the CIC agents over the telephone support centre are only authorized with inquiry or view only access with authorization to send message to the agent who is working on the case.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Folks, I was checking my status on CIC website this afternoon, but found "application received " part of my status is no longer there :eek: :eek:
Just wondering did any of you happen to see this weird thing in your status?

jrseee

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means nothing....or may be something like file transfer to local office or issuance of RQ. that's the conclusion i have drawn from various threads of this forum. hope for the best which is file transfer :)

jrseee said:
Folks, I was checking my status on CIC website this afternoon, but found "application received " part of my status is no longer there :eek: :eek:
Just wondering did any of you happen to see this weird thing in your status?

jrseee

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same thing happened with after 7-10 days in process of my application, the received line was disappeared (in mid September). i have got anything yet.
Good luck
jrseee said:
Thanks for your reply, simkr.
Whatever it might be, I hope it's not the issuance of RQ!

jrseee