+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application sent in Feb 2013, who already received the acknowledgment letter?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I hope you see progress before Santa arrives :)

And, no, e-cas does not show anything about the transfer of file. When I click on "in process" there is no change in there. The only update that happened on my e-cas was that the "Received" line disappeared. That's all.

Suin said:
Thank you for your kind wishes, this will definitely be in my this year Santa's wish list. :)

Can you see any updates about transfer on ecas?

I called cic last week, no updates yet.

josephine129

Sep 23, 2013
Hi to you all,

It's the first time for me to write in this forum,but I read the posts from time to time.

There is just one question; why is every body concerned about (file transfer)???
does it mean anything significant?..like surpassing RQ for example or test date is coming soon?
Because from people who applied within the last 3 years,nothing indicated anything,like RQ was coming anytime during the process,
please educate me if I am missing anything here ...thanks

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Hi PR42LONG,

Why didn't you apply for Citizenship many yrs back? It was so easy back then. I got my PR in 2006, after that i went back to USA to complete my studies. Came back to Canada by land in 2009, completed 1130 days of physical presence in Canada and applied for PR card renewal as my card expired and they tagged my PR card renewal as non-routine application and sent to Ottawa for further verification.

They are scrutinizing people who have traveled outside of Canada and especially to USA in the last 4 yr period from the time you apply for Citizenship.

Earlier the better, once you complete more than 1095 days in Canada in the last 4 yr period, you can apply for Citizenship.
I never felt like applying before, too busy with school and work. I travelled with ease on my old passport. I know whomever looks at my application will we wondering what took me so long. It would be odd for them to question where I live based on 2 short trips.

jrseee

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Today I called in CIC, was told that they are preparing my file for background check. Not sure though what it means in terms of progress in processing my application.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Looks like my Citizenship file also got transferred to Local office in Scarborough. I recently got RQ letter from Scarborough office asking me to provide additional documentation and prove that i was here at least 1095 days.

Every body who received RQ or are receiving please kindly let us know. Thank you.

My timeline:

Application received by CIC - March 28, 2013

CIC sent acknowledgement letter & book - March 28, 2013

Started processing application - May 29, 2013

RQ letter sent - Sept 25, 2013

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Do you know what possibly triggered an RQ for you?

Moe... said:
Hi everyone,

Looks like my Citizenship file also got transferred to Local office in Scarborough. I recently got RQ letter from Scarborough office asking me to provide additional documentation and prove that i was here at least 1095 days.

Every body who received RQ or are receiving please kindly let us know. Thank you.

My timeline:

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
Hi everyone,

My timeline:

Did you consent to the CBSA entries in your application? Also did you send the CBSA report?

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There could be any reason for my RQ to be triggered like i traveled to USA & India and i worked in my incorporation etc

Yes, i gave my consent to have my entries requested from CBSA. No, i did not sent my CBSA report.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
There could be any reason for my RQ to be triggered like i traveled to USA & India and i worked in my incorporation etc

Yes, i gave my consent to have my entries requested from CBSA. No, i did not sent my CBSA report.
How did they know they you worked under your own incorporation?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did CIC ask you to fill the entire RQ form, I mean all 5 pages? Or just some specific part(s) of the form?

Moe... said:
Hi everyone,

My timeline:

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Did CIC ask you to fill the entire RQ form, I mean all 5 pages? Or just some specific part(s) of the form?
All 5 pages of the form. Did you get RQ too? What is your timeline?

Winner777

Oct 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

I sent citizenship application to CIC on July 4th which was delivered by UPS on July 5th. Today is Oct 10 and I cannot find my ID number in e-cas. I did not receive AOR letter either. I called CIC today and they advised to wait another few weeks.

Do we have anyone with similar situation?

I believe this is the right topic to ask a question about acknowledgment letter/receipt.

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my eCAS was initiated after 3 month and 9 days. i ll suggest u to take a look on May applicant 2013.

Winner777 said:
Hi everyone,

I sent citizenship application to CIC on July 4th which was delivered by UPS on July 5th. Today is Oct 10 and I cannot find my ID number in e-cas. I did not receive AOR letter either. I called CIC today and they advised to wait another few weeks.

Do we have anyone with similar situation?

I believe this is the right topic to ask a question about acknowledgment letter/receipt.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi guys,

I told you before that my file was transferred to Scarborough on September 19th. Today I called again, and was told that my application was actually sent to Mississauga even though my local office is Scarborough. The agent told me that is because Mississauga and Scarborough share workload. There is a problem though. Even though the application was sent from Sydney on September 19, there is no confirmation from Mississauga that they have received the application. I hope they haven't lost my application.

Winner777

Oct 10, 2013
Simkr said:
my eCAS was initiated after 3 month and 9 day. i ll suggest u to take a look on May applicant 2013.
Thank you Simkr. It's been 3 months and 5 days since Sydney received my application. And thank for referring me to another thread.