+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application returned: questions on fees, police certificate and order

weronika_kot

Feb 11, 2014
Hello,

I am sponsoring my husband for PR (outland). We have sent our application in January and got it back due to a missing form (additional familly information). This is our mistake, we overlooked it. It is now filled ready to go, but I have some queries.

1. My receipt was sent back with the application. Does it mean I have to pay the fee again or not?
2. Our initial application was in seperate enveloppes (one for sponsor, one for applicant, evidence, etc.). I can see they started going through it and have moved things around. Shall I send back the application as it it? Or shall I put it in its original order (I assume it will not be the same officer going through it)?
3. My husband's police certificate was valid when the application was recieved (there is a stamp confirming the reception of the application), but it is now expired. Should he do it anew or will they consider it was valid when the application was received?

Many thanks in advance for your time - it is the first time i write on this forum, but your forum has been useful in so many ways in the process of preparing the application!

BLT123

Oct 1, 2012
1) You do not need to pay the fee again. Include it in the returned application.
2) It doesn't not matter what order you send it in. They will order it they way they want.
3) The received date is the date the application arrives complete at Mississauga. You file will be accepted with expired police certs, however a request will be issued at some point. Go ahead and send it but get started on obtaining a valid one.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
I have a question that fits in with OP's original question. If an application is sent back incomplete before sponsorship is approved, do you go back in the waiting list once you send it in again, or is your spot "saved"?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You start at the end of the queue again. The position is not saved.

weronika_kot

Feb 11, 2014
Many thanks for your answers to my queries. The missing form is filled and the application is ready to go again!

I however worry that they will return the whole package because the police certificate is expired. If I understood correctly the answer, they will accept our application with expired certificate, but send a request later on. Does it mean they are examining the certificate at a later stage (not in Mississauga)?

In such case, would it be best to wait for the request to get a new certificate - I fear they might ask for it in more than three months (when they new cert. will have expired already!)... Or can we send it in as soon as we get it?

Once again, many thanks for your advices!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
weronika_kot said:
Many thanks for your answers to my queries. The missing form is filled and the application is ready to go again!

I however worry that they will return the whole package because the police certificate is expired. If I understood correctly the answer, they will accept our application with expired certificate, but send a request later on. Does it mean they are examining the certificate at a later stage (not in Mississauga)?

In such case, would it be best to wait for the request to get a new certificate - I fear they might ask for it in more than three months (when they new cert. will have expired already!)... Or can we send it in as soon as we get it?

Once again, many thanks for your advices!
Mississauga only processes the sponsor part of application.
Police Clearance is for the applicant, it will be processed at VO overseas.
I think it would be best to wait for request for clearance if only valid for 3 months, more than likely will take longer than that for application to be processed.

desi_jatt

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
for sponsoring a spouse, u have to send the whole application package to Mississauga including the federal immigration forms and they send the forms to the concerned visa office after the decision on sponsorship application is taken.

you don't need to send any other form /documents unless they ask for it.

as far as the Police clearance is concerned u should get a new one to send along the application becoz if they request it down the line its gonna delay the application again.