+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned by CIC

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Unfortunately my application package was returned citing the following reason:

'Photograph was not stamped and dated'

It seems the ink used by the photographer to stamp and date came off(I checked it before sending my package and date,stamp was there)

Now there is a stamp put in by CIC at the start of application which says 'receiving date'.I am wondering if I need to just rectify the photograph issue and send the package back in the same form or do I need to fill in the application form again.

Please help

Cheers,

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Just stamp your photos.
Anyway check your application and see if you have something to add or fix. It is a good chance for you to review your application.

If there is anything you need to fix or edit, do it and write a letter to explain why you did that modification.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
I assume I need to attach new residence calculator as well.

On another note,somehow I am not able to view my application status online.Does this mean the status of returned applications is not updated online?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If they returned your application, it means no file was created, hence no ecas update.

The best thing to do is to retake a new set of photos and this time, make sure the date and stamp are legible.

If I were you, and assuming you were eligible when you first applied, I would not attach a new residence calculation.

Remember to go on the cic website and check the month and year of the citizenship application form(on the bottom of the form) to see if it's still the same as the one you had completed.
If it has changed, then I would complete the updated version to be on the safe side. In that case, completing a new residence calculation would be necessary as well.

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing happened to me. I just resent everything with new photos stamped and dated with a letter stating why I sent a 2nd application. The letter was not necessary since they don't record the returned application, but I still did it and my 2nd application was accepted.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hopeful One said:
Same thing happened to me. I just resent everything with new photos stamped and dated with a letter stating why I sent a 2nd application. The letter was not necessary since they don't record the returned application, but I still did it and my 2nd application was accepted.
@ Hopeful One and IT applicant , could you please advise how long did CIC take for you to return your application.

Thanks

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi IT applicant,

If you could please answer following questions?

1) When did you send your application?
2) When was it returned?
3) What is your location? Toronto or somewhere else?

Thanks

Hopeful One

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took 45 days to get my incomplete application back. The application was rec'd May 1st and I got back on June 16th

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopeful One said:
It took 45 days to get my incomplete application back. The application was rec'd May 1st and I got back on June 16th
thank u so much for sharing

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopeful One said:
Thanks, It is really difficult to predict the time element of the return of application. Some in other threads have shared they got it back very soon. I feel the reason might have to do with the stage of application when the missing information was caught by the officer.

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Usually CIC returns incomplete applications within 45-60 days from the day they recieved it for all apllicants from everywhere.

I sent mine on April 14th, they recieved it April 17th and then they returned it on May 28th.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Elavazhagan said:
Hi,

Can someone tell me what is photograph stamping.

Many thanks in advance.
Photos should be stamped (in the back) with the name and address of the photographer as well as the date it was taken. You also need to write your full name on the back

Ray

Reactions: Ramandeep1313

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Few things I am taking care of this time:

-Filling my application form again(it seems it has some date validity)
-Writing the name of the applicant at the back of photos(I didn't do this the first time).Any suggestions the best way to do this will be appreciated..Most of the times a name written with a pen has a chance to get smeared.
-Attaching a new residence calculator

Need some clarity on following:

-Is there a validity for the online payment too.I paid mine on May 4th.

My application was returned in 2 months.

cheers,