+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application returned because of expired PCC,plz help

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
hi all,

i sent application to sponsor my wife and kids,but today i got the application return back to me by mail.

they are asking for police clearnace certificate,

i did submit one but it has validity of 3 months from date of issue,

IRCC took more than 3 month to open my application..!!

1 - how to prevent this from happening again?

2- also now all the IMM forms that require signatured are dated back to October 2018..!? and my wife is not in canada and i am in canada...!!

shall i submit the same IMM documents with the old dated signatures, or they required new ones with new dates..!!.

3- can i just type my wife's name electronically

thank you

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1. apply for new PCC and send the application as soon as you receive the PCC.

2. i would fill new copy of the forms, hand written sign the forms and dated just around the time you expect to receive the PCC.

3. you can fill the forms electronically but prefer they are hand written signed.....applicant abroad could sign and courier them to sponsor to sign and submit.

Get your checklist, forms and instructions

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
1. apply for new PCC and send the application as soon as you receive the PCC.

2. i would fill new copy of the forms, hand written sign the forms and dated just around the time you expect to receive the PCC.

3. you can fill the forms electronically but prefer they are hand written signed.....applicant abroad could sign and courier them to sponsor to sign and submit.

Get your checklist, forms and instructions

thanks for your prompt answer,

i will apply for a new PCC, but wouldnt the same thing might happen again,as applications take 3 months to be processed then they will expire and be in the same situation, i already lost 3 valuable months in the queue..!!

- another thing i forgot to ask, i did send them a new Photos for my wife and kids as a follow up to the original application, those were not returned to me in the package,

shall i send the application without them and write in the explanation letter that i did sent them earlier but dont know how would they linked them to the new application..!!, i dont want to wait until they return them as well..!!

justpassingby

Dec 26, 2018
Montreal
1. As far as I may know, they do accept expired police clearance certificate if it was not expired the day of receipt in their office.
If not, we might get ours returned too. My husband applied in october and we do not have any news til now. His police clearance certificate expired early january.
It is not fair. New applications sent to sydney (November and so on) were transferred to mississauga because sydney is still unable to finish its october workload.
2. You need to use the new forms. they were updated early November.
3. Your wife can print the new filled forms and sign them. Then, she can send them either with courrier xpress or with someone she knows who is coming to canada and can bring them to you ( i.e. my husband sent the signed forms with my parents who were on vacation at that time).

Reactions: Yorker13

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
thanks for your prompt answer,

i will apply for a new PCC, but wouldnt the same thing might happen again,as applications take 3 months to be processed then they will expire and be in the same situation, i already lost 3 valuable months in the queue..!!

- another thing i forgot to ask, i did send them a new Photos for my wife and kids as a follow up to the original application, those were not returned to me in the package,

shall i send the application without them and write in the explanation letter that i did sent them earlier but dont know how would they linked them to the new application..!!, i dont want to wait until they return them as well..!!
submit new photo as you don't know what happened to the earlier photo.....prefer you send now photo to avoid any issues and delays.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
hi all,

i sent application to sponsor my wife and kids,but today i got the application return back to me by mail.

they are asking for police clearnace certificate,

i did submit one but it has validity of 3 months from date of issue,

IRCC took more than 3 month to open my application..!!

1 - how to prevent this from happening again?

2- also now all the IMM forms that require signatured are dated back to October 2018..!? and my wife is not in canada and i am in canada...!!

shall i submit the same IMM documents with the old dated signatures, or they required new ones with new dates..!!.

3- can i just type my wife's name electronically

thank you
This is absolutely ridiculous from IRCC..Bunch of jokers sitting out there with no professionalism!!

Fill out the most updated forms for sure!!

Dont worry and do not lose hopes, this particualar agent I am sure would be highly incompetent who returnes your file.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
I would suggest that you forget about the last application and think about it as a new one. Make sure you got the latest version of the forms (personally if the forms are still valid I would send the old one), send the pics and everything that is on the checklist. go over it again and again and once you get the PCC sent the app.

If they sent it back just because of that, thats absolutely ridiculous. My background check alone took over a year and because of that I had to do the medical again.... lost $300 for nothing but thats the way it is

Best of luck!

justpassingby

Dec 26, 2018
Montreal
I called this morning and asked about the police clearance certificate expiracy. The agent told me that they do not really care about the expiracy date as long as it is not too old. And even if they need a new one, they will ask you to send it to them and not return your application just for that.

ramzy2277

Dec 21, 2011
I called this morning and asked about the police clearance certificate expiracy. The agent told me that they do not really care about the expiracy date as long as it is not too old. And even if they need a new one, they will ask you to send it to them and not return your application just for that.

What number did you use ?

smallcoffee

Apr 4, 2018
Paris
What does too old mean?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
100% accurate. My Husbands Police Certificate in his country is only valid for 3 months, however here as long as its not over 6 months old they will accept it and ask for a new one should they need an updated copy.