+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Refused , Clueless!!! NEED HELP Engineers please gather here!!!!!

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday I received an update on my FSW application which was a heart breaking one !!!! I am still doomed and dimensionless as what to do and how to do !!!! need detailed help for pavingg my way through this tough moment !!!! please help me assuming that Allah almighty will also help you sailing smooth through this process!!!

This is what I got in the PDF in my myCIC account last night

""""I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within the ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (30 hours/week) work experience, as described in subsection 73(1), or the equivalent in continuous part-time work, in the occupation identified in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;
d) they submitted the results of a designated English or French language test, which is less than two years old on the date of application, indicating that they have met or exceeded the applicable language proficiency threshold set by the Minister for each of the four language skill areas; and
e) they submitted their completed Canadian educational credential or their completed foreign educational credential and the equivalency assessment from a designated organization or institution that is less than five years old on the date of application.

I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) “a” because you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in your application."""

My NOC is 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer) and I am currently working as a Satellite Instrumentation Engineer (a title mentioned in NOC classification matrix 2011 which is associated with NOC Code 2133 also) with following job description (as provided in the employment evidence)

My current job role highly coincides with NOC 2011, Code 2133 (Electrical & Electronics Engineer) as a Satellite Instrumentation Engineer and includes the following:

• Responsible for Operation and Maintenance of Communication Equipments and RF Link Chain of Teleport VSAT, Payload Management and TTC satellite earth stations.

• VSAT Systems Design and Deployment. Establishing SCPC/MCPC, DAMA, TDMA and Broadband IP networks over VSAT.

• Troubleshooting, repair and calibration of test equipment such as, RF signal generator, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, signal analyzer, network analyzer and other electronics/communications devices.

• Satellite RF Link Budget and RF instrumentation Link Calibration.

• Repair and Troubleshooting of RF and Baseband Equipment including High Power Amplifiers, Block down convertors, Block up Convertors, Satellite Modem, baseband transceivers, Antenna RF feeds containing various coupler , resolvers, polarizer; power meters , RF switches , calibration equipment and LNAs.

• Maintenance of all equipment on daily, weekly, biweekly or monthly basis.

• Teleporting for various customers including data and video broadcast services.

does this not coincide with my chosen NOC code ? if yes then I seriously need help from Engineers or the ones who chose this as their NOC and got thru !!!! please help me ??? :( :( :(

But one thing I would like to clarify here that my employment evidence only included an original payslip, bank account statement and a page in which i wrote these duties through my immediate manager's mutual consensus and gave my manager's complete contact details for employment verification. These duties were not in the form of an authorized experience letter and without the letter head of the organization as My Human resource doesn't encourage issuance of employment letters/employment verification while being in service and I cannot resign the moment so as to accumulate enough of the settlement funds for sailing smooth in Canada.

Does only not providing the employer's authorized experience letter make me ineligible? because this certainly doesn't nullify my full-time experience as my manager can be approached anytime to verify my employment and provided details?

I want a feed back that what could be the possible reasons for refusal of my application, I came up with 2 possibilities!

a) Did it refuse because the assessor thought my duties are not in line with my chosen NOC

OR

b) My duty descriptions were not on the official letter head/ in the form of an experience letter

I have filed a detailed case specific inquiry in which I wrote this

""""My application for Federal Skilled Worker has been refused on the basis that I am unable to meet the requirement of work experience in nominated occupation as per the application assessor.

My nominated occupation is 2133 (electrical and electronics engineer) and I am currently working as a satellite instrumentation engineer.

My job description and duties highly coincides with the nominated occupation and I have provided my employer's contact details through which the provided information can be thoroughly verified.

Additionally I have also provided the scanned original payslip and bank account statement as a rigid evidence of the provided information.

My Human resource doesn't encourage issuance of employment letters/employment verification while being in service and I cannot resign the moment so as to accumulate enough of the settlement funds for sailing smooth in Canada.

Does only not providing the employer's authorized experience letter make me ineligible? because this certainly doesn't nullify my full-time experience as my manager can be approached anytime to verify my employment and provided details.

If only authorized letter is mandatory, please spare me some time so that I can officially file for resignation and obtain experience letter from Human Resource department.

My other documents are 100% in compliance with the requirements specified by CIC, so I request that my application please not be finalized till I arrange the required document.""""

I hope they consider my appeal and do not finalize my case yet as all of my documents are totally filling up the case perfectly.

I need sincere guidance in this regard as where I went wrong and what correction do I need in order to cope up with this issue.

Response awaited from all the prestigious members of CANADA VISA!!!!! :(

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Looking at your details and profile, i can only come to one conclusion that you did not provide your job duties solely mentioned on your company letter signed and stamped by your boss.

I myself is also an applicant of NOC 2133 and my boss specifically told me to get a letter from him on company letter pad.

Maybe you can go with CSE providing an LOE from your side and maybe an LOE from your manager certifying the statement in your LOE.

Hope you get your problem resolved out soon.

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
feejay87 said:
Yesterday I received an update on my FSW application which was a heart breaking one !!!! I am still doomed and dimensionless as what to do and how to do !!!! need detailed help for pavingg my way through this tough moment !!!! please help me assuming that Allah almighty will also help you sailing smooth through this process!!!

""""I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:
a) within the ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (30 hours/week) work experience, as described in subsection 73(1), or the equivalent in continuous part-time work, in the occupation identified in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;
c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;
d) they submitted the results of a designated English or French language test, which is less than two years old on the date of application, indicating that they have met or exceeded the applicable language proficiency threshold set by the Minister for each of the four language skill areas; and
e) they submitted their completed Canadian educational credential or their completed foreign educational credential and the equivalency assessment from a designated organization or institution that is less than five years old on the date of application.

I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) “a” because you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in your application."""

My NOC is 2133 (Electrical and Electronics Engineer) and I am currently working as a Satellite Instrumentation Engineer (a title mentioned in NOC classification matrix 2011 which is associated with NOC Code 2133 also) with following job description (as provided in the employment evidence)

My current job role highly coincides with NOC 2011, Code 2133 (Electrical & Electronics Engineer) as a Satellite Instrumentation Engineer and includes the following:

• Responsible for Operation and Maintenance of Communication Equipments and RF Link Chain of Teleport VSAT, Payload Management and TTC satellite earth stations.

• VSAT Systems Design and Deployment. Establishing SCPC/MCPC, DAMA, TDMA and Broadband IP networks over VSAT.

• Troubleshooting, repair and calibration of test equipment such as, RF signal generator, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, signal analyzer, network analyzer and other electronics/communications devices.

• Repair and Troubleshooting of RF and Baseband Equipment including High Power Amplifiers, Block down convertors, Block up Convertors, Satellite Modem, baseband transceivers, Antenna RF feeds containing various coupler , resolvers, polarizer; power meters , RF switches , calibration equipment and LNAs.

• Teleporting for various customers including data and video broadcast services.

does this not coincide with my chosen NOC code ? if yes then I seriously need help from Engineers or the ones who chose this as their NOC and got thru !!!! please help me ??? :( :( :(

But one thing I would like to clarify here that my employment evidence only included an original payslip, bank account statement and a page in which i wrote these duties through my immediate manager's mutual consensus and gave my manager's complete contact details for employment verification. These duties were not in the form of an authorized experience letter and without the letter head of the organization as My Human resource doesn't encourage issuance of employment letters/employment verification while being in service and I cannot resign the moment so as to accumulate enough of the settlement funds for sailing smooth in Canada.

Does only not providing the employer's authorized experience letter make me ineligible? because this certainly doesn't nullify my full-time experience as my manager can be approached anytime to verify my employment and provided details?

I want a feed back that what could be the possible reasons for refusal of my application, I came up with 2 possibilities!

a) Did it refuse because the assessor thought my duties are not in line with my chosen NOC

OR

b) My duty descriptions were not on the official letter head/ in the form of an experience letter

""""My application for Federal Skilled Worker has been refused on the basis that I am unable to meet the requirement of work experience in nominated occupation as per the application assessor.

My nominated occupation is 2133 (electrical and electronics engineer) and I am currently working as a satellite instrumentation engineer.

My job description and duties highly coincides with the nominated occupation and I have provided my employer's contact details through which the provided information can be thoroughly verified.

Additionally I have also provided the scanned original payslip and bank account statement as a rigid evidence of the provided information.

My Human resource doesn't encourage issuance of employment letters/employment verification while being in service and I cannot resign the moment so as to accumulate enough of the settlement funds for sailing smooth in Canada.

Does only not providing the employer's authorized experience letter make me ineligible? because this certainly doesn't nullify my full-time experience as my manager can be approached anytime to verify my employment and provided details.

If only authorized letter is mandatory, please spare me some time so that I can officially file for resignation and obtain experience letter from Human Resource department.

My other documents are 100% in compliance with the requirements specified by CIC, so I request that my application please not be finalized till I arrange the required document.""""

I hope they consider my appeal and do not finalize my case yet as all of my documents are totally filling up the case perfectly.

I need sincere guidance in this regard as where I went wrong and what correction do I need in order to cope up with this issue.

I'm also an NOC2133 applicant. When did you apply?

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
Hi Feejay,

I am going to apply under 2133 as well as I have received ITA.

However, from what you wrote below as the reasons for rejection, I am almost certain the problem is not whether your job duties matched the NOC 2133 but they are not convinced that you have worked for a minimum of 1 year full time.

My question to you is that did you submit any evidence to show that your work is full time and permanent? Also, did you provide the no of hours worked per week and how long you have been working with your current employer? If you did not, I believe that is why your application was rejected.

feejay87 said:

OR

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAJ_ee2015 said:
I'm also an NOC2133 applicant. When did you apply?
Brother I applied on Feb, got Invitation on 27th march, furnished and submitted all requirements on 4th may, medical passed on 17th may, additional document requirement came on 4th august with deadline of 11th august [requiring additional family member info and travel history] which I submitted the same day and on 21st Aug finally a refusal :( :( :( ???

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
Hi Feejay,

I am going to apply under 2133 as well as I have received ITA.

However, from what you wrote below as the reasons for rejection, I am almost certain the problem is not whether your job duties matched the NOC 2133 but they are not convinced that you have worked for a minimum of 1 year full time.

My question to you is that did you submit any evidence to show that your work is full time and permanent? Also, did you provide the no of hours worked per week and how long you have been working with your current employer? If you did not, I believe that is why your application was rejected.

brother I submitted my genuine payslip depicting my work status as regular full time and my date of joining as FEB-2010 as far as other discrete details are concerned , I am pasting here my complete letter that I wrote after consent from my immediate supervisor. In addition to that I also provided my bank account statement clearly mentioning my company name as a source of my salary credit in my bank account.

The purpose of this letter is to confirm that I, Mr. xx am working as a fulltime employee of xx. I was hired on February 3rd 2010 and currently work in the position of Assistant Manager , SATCOM divison at xxx with xxx as my Manager/Immediate supervisor.

I am currently working 48 hrs/week and drawing a salary of PKR xx/Year from my employer. My pay slip and bank account statement has been attached as an evidence of the provided information .

The additional benefits that I receive includes health coverage, conveyance allowance and flexi hours.

The Human Resource department of my organization does not encourage issuance of experience letter for immigration purposes, therefore, any further queries concerning my nature of employment and job descriptions can be asked and verified in detail from my manager, following are his contact details

Name :xx
Designation : Manager
Office Address : xx, Karachi. Tel :+92 xx
Office Contact : +92 xx
Personal contact : +92 xx
LinkedIn: pk.linkedin.com/xx
Email Address : xx @ gmail.com

Sincerely,
Fahad Jalil
LinkedIn: xxxx
Dated : 4th May , 2015

please help and throw a light towards something which you suppose that I missed mentioning... pleaseee :( :( :( :( ??? ???

dupsy21

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
It seems you satisfied all the requirements for employment reference letter except that you wrote it yourself. Could this be the reason why you were you were rejected? I don't think it should be cos you gave the details of your manager in case they will like to verify the information you provided.

Since their reason for rejection is that you did not satisfy paragraph "a" and not "b", I still feel it has something to do with no of years of experience and hours per week.

I think you should go ahead with the CSE and I hope your case is reopened.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dupsy21 said:
It seems you satisfied all the requirements for employment reference letter except that you wrote it yourself. Could this be the reason why you were you were rejected? I don't think it should be cos you gave the details of your manager in case they will like to verify the information you provided.

Since their reason for rejection is that you did not satisfy paragraph "a" and not "b", I still feel it has something to do with no of years of experience and hours per week.

I think you should go ahead with the CSE and I hope your case is reopened.
yes brother, after all this, I am only coming to a single conclusion, which is that, the assesor was specifically in need of all this written on an authroized letter, signed and stamped by my boss, because my slip is clearly mentioning my 5 years of experience and I also wrote the number of hours/week working configuration, which he could have had verified through my manager, if he had bothered to call.. ??? :(

I have responded through CSE and hoping for the best .

before that I applied to Nova scotia PNP and to Saskatchewan PNP [NSNP was almost a complete parcel sent but in Saskatchewan PNP, many of documents were unable to attach due to some software error and I submitted the incomplete application, which was eventually returned on 14th august as Incomplete; Basically I was not taking interest in going at any of these PNP as my FSW application was already under process]

but I have now mailed Nova scotia immigration office, to provide an update on my sent application package . I have also requested saskatchewan to reconsider my case file and assist me in uploading the required documents :( :( ??? ???

I hope any out of these work outtt for me :( :(

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
feejay87 said:
brother I submitted my genuine payslip depicting my work status as regular full time and my date of joining as FEB-2010 as far as other discrete details are concerned , I am pasting here my complete letter that I wrote after consent from my immediate supervisor. In addition to that I also provided my bank account statement clearly mentioning my company name as a source of my salary credit in my bank account.

The purpose of this letter is to confirm that I, Mr. xx am working as a fulltime employee of xx. I was hired on February 3rd 2010 and currently work in the position of Assistant Manager , SATCOM divison at xxx with xxx as my Manager/Immediate supervisor.

I am currently working 48 hrs/week and drawing a salary of PKR xx/Year from my employer. My pay slip and bank account statement has been attached as an evidence of the provided information .

The additional benefits that I receive includes health coverage, conveyance allowance and flexi hours.

The Human Resource department of my organization does not encourage issuance of experience letter for immigration purposes, therefore, any further queries concerning my nature of employment and job descriptions can be asked and verified in detail from my manager, following are his contact details

Name :xx
Designation : Manager
Office Address : xx, Karachi. Tel :+92 xx
Office Contact : +92 xx
Personal contact : +92 xx
LinkedIn: pk.linkedin.com/xx
Email Address : xx @ gmail.com

Sincerely,
Fahad Jalil
LinkedIn: xxxx
Dated : 4th May , 2015

please help and throw a light towards something which you suppose that I missed mentioning... pleaseee :( :( :( :( ??? ???
Are you kidding me? Your reference letter was written in the first person???

No matter whether you have the consent of your referee or not, the first person looks so weird to me.

Is it clear in this letter that you indeed had the consent??

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
feejay87 said:
yes brother, after all this, I am only coming to a single conclusion, which is that, the assesor was specifically in need of all this written on an authroized letter, signed and stamped by my boss, because my slip is clearly mentioning my 5 years of experience and I also wrote the number of hours/week working configuration, which he could have had verified through my manager, if he had bothered to call.. ??? :(

I have responded through CSE and hoping for the best .

before that I applied to Nova scotia PNP and to Saskatchewan PNP [NSNP was almost a complete parcel sent but in Saskatchewan PNP, many of documents were unable to attach due to some software error and I submitted the incomplete application, which was eventually returned on 14th august as Incomplete; Basically I was not taking interest in going at any of these PNP as my FSW application was already under process]

but I have now mailed Nova scotia immigration office, to provide an update on my sent application package . I have also requested saskatchewan to reconsider my case file and assist me in uploading the required documents :( :( ??? ???

I hope any out of these work outtt for me :( :(
By the way, a reference letter is REQUIRED and certain information MUST be provided there. All other documents (e.g. payslip) are optional for proving your work experiences. Personally I would say you submitted the most important document in rather an unexpected way.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Omg .... I read the beginning of your reference letterand i immediately had the impression that you wrote it yourself trying to prove that you did this job.!!!! You need another person, your boss, your director, your superior,... to write it in HIS/HER tone.. It cannot be written in first person because anyone can lie...

Please please please google what a reference letter/ letter of recommendation is...

While waiting for the result of CSE, prepare a new EE profile and wait for a new ITA.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
konosan said:
Are you kidding me? Your reference letter was written in the first person???

No matter whether you have the consent of your referee or not, the first person looks so weird to me.

Is it clear in this letter that you indeed had the consent??
how could I've had mention the contact details of my referee if I had not consented/taken his permission to do so.

feejay87

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miumiu said:
Omg .... I read the beginning of your reference letterand i immediately had the impression that you wrote it yourself trying to prove that you did this job.!!!! You need another person, your boss, your director, your superior,... to write it in HIS/HER tone.. It cannot be written in first person because anyone can lie...

Please please please google what a reference letter/ letter of recommendation is...

While waiting for the result of CSE, prepare a new EE profile and wait for a new ITA.
you're absolutely right but I have clearly mentioned in this drafted document that my HR doesn't encourage issuance of letters/employment verification for such purposes; Its an internal matter which I wouldn't like to probe as it can go against me; Even if my boss will hand over his written, signed and stamped letter to me, he may be penalized severely to do that; This has happened before so I avoided this path; My manager committed me that he has no issues at all in responding to any job verification calls/emails but he cannot go for anything in written;

but does this make me ineligible enough for disqualification??; a lie or a truth can be verified either through phone or coming at my office to meet me and my employer, rather than looking at a self documented draft [containing all the contact details] and at once deciding for a disqualification!!

would it had been fear if i had faked such letter ?

though I have mentioned in my CSE that, if only this is the reason then allow me some time so that I resign and obtain an authorized letter from HR as they indeed won't give it to me while being in service!!

But I guess, you are right, I have to make a new EE profile and wait for ITA, but I am only planning to do so once i am over with the experience letter misery as am indeed not willing to waste my application fee down the drain for another time!!!

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
feejay87 said:
you're absolutely right but I have clearly mentioned in this drafted document that my HR doesn't encourage issuance of letters/employment verification for such purposes; Its an internal matter which I wouldn't like to probe as it can go against me; Even if my boss will hand over his written, signed and stamped letter to me, he may be penalized severely to do that; This has happened before so I avoided this path; My manager committed me that he has no issues at all in responding to any job verification calls/emails but he cannot go for anything in written;

but does this make me ineligible enough for disqualification??; a lie or a truth can be verified either through phone or coming at my office to meet me and my employer, rather than looking at a self documented draft [containing all the contact details] and at once deciding for a disqualification!!But I guess, you are right, I
My own humble opinion: yes, it made you ineligible enough. Your case is a refusal, not a cancelation/ a rejection which could be reopened. Be prepared to start over again. Be prepared for the worst.

Btw, the letter doesn't have to be stamped. It only requires your supervisor's signature. And it doesn't make sense to me that the HR of your company will forbid things like this, because it should be your recommender himself's free will to recommend you. Either way you need to sort this out before the next trial.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
The letter itself failed screening, meaning the application failed the eligibility review, in which case, a background check would never begin...They didn't reach the stage where they would verifiy the authenticity of your experience.