+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application processing delay as staff head for summer vacation?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi guys, over the past few weeks processing time for PR card has steadily increase from 56 days to 80 days for routine applications and unlimited for non routine applications. Heard from some friends that staff at CIC are heading for summer vacation and applications for pr card and citizenship are expected to be delayed due to shortage of staff? This is getting frustrated, the right to travel is so basic right of human beings and in Canada immigrants are treated like prisoners, can our travel right be at the mercy of beaureaucratic officers who their vacation trump it all? I am so fed up with all these non sense residency review, in most other countries entry and exit records are automatically captured and renewal of residency permit can easily be done by computer systems but here the onus is on us to prove our presence here and there is no trust between government and immigrants on whatever we submit. I lost so many opportunities in professional and personal matters because I got stuck here at the mercy of these beaureaucrats. Totally fed up!

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
Hi guys, over the past few weeks processing time for PR card has steadily increase from 56 days to 80 days for routine applications and unlimited for non routine applications. Heard from some friends that staff at CIC are heading for summer vacation and applications for pr card and citizenship are expected to be delayed due to shortage of staff? This is getting frustrated, the right to travel is so basic right of human beings and in Canada immigrants are treated like prisoners, can our travel right be at the mercy of beaureaucratic officers who their vacation trump it all? I am so fed up with all these non sense residency review, in most other countries entry and exit records are automatically captured and renewal of residency permit can easily be done by computer systems but here the onus is on us to prove our presence here and there is no trust between government and immigrants on whatever we submit. I lost so many opportunities in professional and personal matters because I got stuck here at the mercy of these beaureaucrats. Totally fed up!
Don't even mention to them that you have lost these kind of opportunities. They know perfectly well that people will always look for other (obviously better) opportunities in US and the rest of the world.. That's why if you don't have huge mortgage and debt, they will consider you as a flight risk person... and make you work your ass off here for the crumbling economy (crumbling cause it cannot sustain itself without fresh workforce).

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
deerestlovelybear said:
It's called the Syrian refugee program that created the mess. PR Card processing has balloned due to CIC moving 25k new PRs from Syria to Canada right in the first quarter of 2016 without proper staffing plans thus create a huge backlog for PR Cards.