+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application process and how to time vs US VISA application

itsnitin

May 19, 2018
Hi,
I stay in India and planning to go to US and Canada in end of Aug and need to apply for Tourist Visa for both countries. My question is about in which order to apply for US vs Canada Visa. i realize this forum is about Canada Visa and not US visa but i'm not sure where else to ask as well as i got a quick and useful response for my last question :)

As i understand, once I submit online application for Canada and make the payment, i need to wait for their response if i need to submit the passport. this response time is not fixed and can vary quite a bit. from processing time information given online, it seems ~1 month. once i receive a favorable response, i'd need to submit passport within a month and once submitted, it takes ~ 1 week to get back the passport.

for US, i just need to fill online form and after making payment, i can choose when to schedule the interview. it shows that there is ~1 month wait time for interview. once i go for interview, again i would be asked to give away the passport.

Given uncertainty in dates when i may have to give my passport for Canada visa, i'm wondering how to order the visa applications for both countries.
Any suggestions would be most welcome.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
IMO, US visa first then Canadian visa. A US visa is easier to apply for, relatively speaking. You just need the DS-160 and interview. In the interview you can justify yourself in a face to face exchange with the visa officer. For a Canadian visa, your success relies solely on the application and submitted documents (one-way).