+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application procedure for Express Entry if you have Provincial Nomination?

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Friends,

What is the application procedure/process for Express Entry if you have provincial nomination?
Please explain in detail.

I appreciate and thank all sincere responses to this post.

Thanks & Regards,
SIDHU

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
There may be a way to get points with your PNP nomination. Not really sure as the information provided on CIC website is not very clear. Best way to find out would be to start the online profile for EE and see if they ask you about the PNP nomination and if that does anything to your points. If it does then you should get an extra 600 points for your PNP nomination. Hopefully that would be enough to put you in the higher end of profiles and get you the ITA.

My understanding however is that PNP certificate holders still apply the way they did before and that is with a paper application that they mail into CIC. Nobody is really sure how the new EE system will affect that PNP applications that are received by mail. The hope is that the EE system will speed up all CIC application times. PNP applications use to get priority over many other streams (that is why you get that sticker) but nobody is really sure how that will apply now with the EE system. Will PNP applications be given the same priority as people who get ITA under the EE system? Or will they have basically have lost the priority they once had to the EE applications? I am hoping that either way the entire CIC system is now more efficient and therefore PNP applications are faster.

Keep in mind that even if it give you the points for your PNP on the EE profile and that it promises to have you PR within 6 months of actually applying that the 6 months if from the time you apply for PR not the time you set up your EE profile. You can't apply until you get your ITA and you may have to wait months to get the ITA. In reality nobody really knows what other people's profiles look like so you can't see your competition to know what your chances are of getting ITA each round. I also don't think anyone knows how many profiles they are giving ITA to each round. And even if someone sets up a profile after you it they have more points than you they will get the ITA before you. So basically you could just keep on getting bumped by stronger applicants and never get the ITA.

If you apply on paper just with your PNP and not through EE then there is no time line available as to how long it could take to get your PR. Because of the changes any applications received after Jan 2015 don't have an estimated time line because they don't know yet how the new EE will affect the CIC system as a whole.

My boyfriend and I thought long and hard about trying to apply via the EE with his PNP nomination but decided on proceeding with the paper PNP application because doing the EE would mean one more step and there was no way to know if in the long run it would make things faster. We only knew it would mean one more step. Also the PNP certificate has an expiration date and if you don't get your ITA before that you could risk loosing your PNP. Remember there is no time line on when you could expect an ITA after creating an EE profile.

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Mbgirlfriend said:
There may be a way to get points with your PNP nomination. Not really sure as the information provided on CIC website is not very clear. Best way to find out would be to start the online profile for EE and see if they ask you about the PNP nomination and if that does anything to your points. If it does then you should get an extra 600 points for your PNP nomination. Hopefully that would be enough to put you in the higher end of profiles and get you the ITA.

My understanding however is that PNP certificate holders still apply the way they did before and that is with a paper application that they mail into CIC. Nobody is really sure how the new EE system will affect that PNP applications that are received by mail. The hope is that the EE system will speed up all CIC application times. PNP applications use to get priority over many other streams (that is why you get that sticker) but nobody is really sure how that will apply now with the EE system. Will PNP applications be given the same priority as people who get ITA under the EE system? Or will they have basically have lost the priority they once had to the EE applications? I am hoping that either way the entire CIC system is now more efficient and therefore PNP applications are faster.

Keep in mind that even if it give you the points for your PNP on the EE profile and that it promises to have you PR within 6 months of actually applying that the 6 months if from the time you apply for PR not the time you set up your EE profile. You can't apply until you get your ITA and you may have to wait months to get the ITA. In reality nobody really knows what other people's profiles look like so you can't see your competition to know what your chances are of getting ITA each round. I also don't think anyone knows how many profiles they are giving ITA to each round. And even if someone sets up a profile after you it they have more points than you they will get the ITA before you. So basically you could just keep on getting bumped by stronger applicants and never get the ITA.

If you apply on paper just with your PNP and not through EE then there is no time line available as to how long it could take to get your PR. Because of the changes any applications received after Jan 2015 don't have an estimated time line because they don't know yet how the new EE will affect the CIC system as a whole.

My boyfriend and I thought long and hard about trying to apply via the EE with his PNP nomination but decided on proceeding with the paper PNP application because doing the EE would mean one more step and there was no way to know if in the long run it would make things faster. We only knew it would mean one more step. Also the PNP certificate has an expiration date and if you don't get your ITA before that you could risk loosing your PNP. Remember there is no time line on when you could expect an ITA after creating an EE profile.

Thank you for such a detailed reply. ;D You have clarified and answered many of my queries. :D
Thanks again. God Bless you !!

Thanks & Regards,
SIDHU

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you received your nomination before 2015 jan 2nd. You apply only by paper application.

you can apply for EE as a fresh candidate, but it will not accept your old nomination. The nomination which is issued after Jan 2nd is only valid for EE with nomination.

MR. SIDHU said:
Hi Friends,

What is the application procedure/process for Express Entry if you have provincial nomination?

Thanks & Regards,
SIDHU

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
MR. SIDHU said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks & Regards,
SIDHU
I got this email from bc pnp. i asked them the same question as you do.

here is their reply

Currently, if you are nominated in 2015 through the Skills Immigration stream and wish to apply on-line for permanent residence as a nominee in CIC's Express Entry system, you will first need to apply and be nominated by PNP under the new Express Entry British Columbia stream. You will need to submit the addendum as well as required documents. Please carefully review the requirements under the program category for which you intend to apply to ensure that you meet these requirements. Once the completed doucments are received by the PNP, your application will be converted to an Express Entry British Columbia application and will be assessed against the criteria of the applicable category under this new stream. If the application is approved for nomination, the PNP will confirm the nomination with the applicant using CIC's Express Entry portal.