Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

So I've mailed my application. Hopefully everything works out well. Just had a quick question:

1) My reference letter from work has been signed by the country HR manager and not my direct supervisor. The reason for this is that since I was working on contract with GE, they have some weird policy where only the HR manager can sign off on such letters. However, I have attached my supervisor's business card along with the HR manager's business card. Also, this is the only reference letter (along with a letter from the agency which placed me at GE) I have provided as it is the only applicable work experience under the NOC even though I have submitted a Record of Employment from another work place I worked part-time at for two months.

Anyone see any issue with the HR manager signing off on the letter? Also, would that reference letter suffice as that is the only experience I have included on my application or would I have had to provide reference letters from all employers (which were part-time and one of them was while I was attending university)?

Thanks,

Ameet

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
That will likely be fine. If they have questions they will contact the HR person (maybe even your supervisor).

akp

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response Jes.

Another question: My application should be received by Buffalo in the next couple of days based on the tracking info. Once they receive it, I'm giving myself a buffer till the 1st week of May before I receive my AOR (if everything goes well). I am planning on going back home for a couple of months or so after this buffer, which is around the second week of May.

Is it possible to do my medicals before I leave just in case I don't get the medicals request while I'm here? Also, are there any other documents we need to send from Canada to them? If so, I can arrange for them before I go back home.

Ameet