12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Yes he did say it's approved
Are you in Vancouver and currently waiting for a landing interview? I was told that the wait could be quite long (the agent told me over the phone) though I have already been waiting over a month since approved...

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
@Wendy1112 what is your VO? Is it Vancouver?
No I believe my VO is Montreal, but I live in Vancouver... The agent told me that my case is currently in Vancouver already, so I guess it is a good news (sort of) for me?

naten

Feb 20, 2018
No I believe my VO is Montreal, but I live in Vancouver... The agent told me that my case is currently in Vancouver already, so I guess it is a good news (sort of) for me?
Oh wow that’s so fast for Montreal VO. So besides a ghost update, did you have anything in writing for this approval?

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Oh wow that’s so fast for Montreal VO. So besides a ghost update, did you have anything in writing for this approval?
Nothing in writing yet, except last month they told me a decision has been made via webform reply. I also called them twice (one last month one today) and both agents confirmed my app was approved...

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
However the agent did tell me they would soon send me some sort of confirmation of approval, do you know what is that?

1Life

Apr 12, 2019
Are you in Vancouver and currently waiting for a landing interview? I was told that the wait could be quite long (the agent told me over the phone) though I have already been waiting over a month since approved...
I'm not in Vancouver. I live in Ottawa and actually have no indication of an interview possibility.

nessa.aline

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi guys! I finally got an email from Etobicoke scheduling interview to May 2.
OAR Oct 5.
MEP November 2
ADR for RCMP PCC: November 2
PCC Uploaded: November 9
Process approved on April 9.
Email from Etobicoke for landing interview: April 24

No Ghost Updates

Reactions: Wendy1112 and r39xu

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Looks like Vancouver has a serious backlog for interviews.
I've been told everything passed 2 weeks ago, but no movement since. 6 months completing next week. Hope I'm not gonna have to wait another month for the golden email, but based on a few cases I found here looks like for Vancuver it takes a month and a half at least after the approval

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
I'm not in Vancouver. I live in Ottawa and actually have no indication of an interview possibility.
emmm... not sure about Ottawa office, maybe you'll get a PPR soon?

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
it could be ppr I guess. Have you tried to email any VO regarding this issue?
Not yet, I am within the 6 months frame so I doubt if they would reply to my email, and even if they do it will take about 30 days to get a reply... The agent told me that he would send an email to request a " confirmation of approval" send to me within a few days or so, but I need to wait patiently for my landing interview since I am well within the 6 months time frame...

Besides, I truly doubt about what an agent from the call center can do. Last time I updated my phone number with the other agent and yesterday they still had my old ones on file so we did the whole update & confirmation thing all over again ...emmmmm....

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
I've been told everything passed 2 weeks ago, but no movement since. 6 months completing next week. Hope I'm not gonna have to wait another month for the golden email, but based on a few cases I found here looks like for Vancuver it takes a month and a half at least after the approval
If you passed the 6 months time frame maybe you can send the local VO an email:)

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I’m an inland applicant from Vancouver. I was told by the officers that Vancouver has a three months delay in conducting the landing interview. Not sure how accurate this is as I eventually got the RFV email to which I responded to and is now finished. I had received a letter from my PO that my local IRCC office would be contacting me for my landing interview which never happened even after a month and a half of waiting. I hope they contact you soon and best of luck.

safegnt

Mar 1, 2018
Dear All,
Iam not in Canada...
My status is as below..

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents Not applicable.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics : Completed.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Does this mean I'm at the final stage which is the Background check?
How long will this take before I get an email requesting passport? Have I passed eligibility?

What does background check consist of?

Any help in advicing and let me know the approximate time...this would be appreciated.