+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application is approved but waiting for PPR/Landing Interview mail

AutumnLeaves

Mar 25, 2018
Hi guys, really excited to share that I received my landing interview email from etobicoke office today. No passport request before this.
They send email directly to me instead of my lawyer, which is new because all previous updates are going through my lawyer.

My final timeline:

AOR: Oct 25th
MEP/R10 OK/IP2: Nov 28th
Ghost Update: Apri 5th
File approved on April 5th, called IRCC agent to verify. File gets transferred to Montreal after completed.
Raise webform and order GCMS notes on April 25th (my 6th month mark).
Landing interview email: April 29th
Landing interview: May 4th at etobicoke.
CEC Inland
Primary VO: Calgary Secondary VO: Vancouver

Hopefully everybody will get progress soon!

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!

May i know what do they ask in the landing interview?

Thank you!

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!

May i know what do they ask in the landing interview?

Thank you!
I have my interview scheduled on May 24, 2019.
I’m not sure too.
Thanks

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
Does anybody know how PPR is initiated after application is approved? By approved i do not mean all stages passed.

Reactions: MintyUK

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Does anybody know how PPR is initiated after application is approved? By approved i do not mean all stages passed.
What do you mean by "how PPR is initiated"? I think it's just that after your file is approved, it waits in a queue for the final visa officer (?) to pick it up and send your PPR email. I would be interested to know what the difference is between the officer who has authority to "approve" your file, and the officer who has authority to send you a PPR email. I would have thought for efficiency it would make sense to have both steps done by the same person...

My file has been "approved" for a month now.

Reactions: Abhi2056

saksh

May 1, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-11-2018
Hi!

I happened to receive my Confirmation of Permanent Residence email on May 13 saying an officer will get in touch with a landing interview date.

Any idea what’s the timeline like?

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
What do you mean by "how PPR is initiated"? I think it's just that after your file is approved, it waits in a queue for the final visa officer (?) to pick it up and send your PPR email. I would be interested to know what the difference is between the officer who has authority to "approve" your file, and the officer who has authority to send you a PPR email. I would have thought for efficiency it would make sense to have both steps done by the same person...

My file has been "approved" for a month now.
I wanted to know what causes delay of PPR when application is approved.My application is approved on may 3rd and did not receive PPR yet.

Makes sense by the procedure you mentioned as to why there is such a delay for us.At the same time a lot of people directly go from background check to PPR is 2-3 days.Its hard for me to think about procedures of IRCC through logic as they always break every logical explanation i try to come up with at every stage of this process.

Thats crazy that you had been waiting for a month.Have you tried contacting your CPC directly through email?I read on the 8th page of this thread that a guy sent emails to all VO’s and got PPR next day.Give it a try if you did not.I am going to do the same if I don’t get by next weekend.

All the best! I hope that you get your PPR soon.

MintyUK

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
I wanted to know what causes delay of PPR when application is approved.My application is approved on may 3rd and did not receive PPR yet.

Makes sense by the procedure you mentioned as to why there is such a delay for us.At the same time a lot of people directly go from background check to PPR is 2-3 days.Its hard for me to think about procedures of IRCC through logic as they always break every logical explanation i try to come up with at every stage of this process.

Thats crazy that you had been waiting for a month.Have you tried contacting your CPC directly through email?I read on the 8th page of this thread that a guy sent emails to all VO’s and got PPR next day.Give it a try if you did not.I am going to do the same if I don’t get by next weekend.

All the best! I hope that you get your PPR soon.
Thanks! I called CIC yesterday and the agent sent an email to Edmonton CPC on my behalf. Hope to hear something back soon.

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
So we got a "Request Letter", which is addressed to the Primary applicant - he is in Canada on WP, dependent is in India. Letter has below:

Primary Office: Vancouver Immigration
Dear <PRIMARY APPLICANT_NAME>

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status.

Questions:
1. Primary applicant should expect a Confirmation of PR email as mentioned in some of the posts?
2. By when can we expect a landing interview?
3. What should we do from our end?

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello Friends,

Finally got the PPR !!! Golden Email ... Toronto Time May 17,2019 ... 4:30 pm
Thanks for support and guidance ... Best of Luck to all waiting for PPR ...
AOR - Oct 11
FSW - Inland
CPC - Ottawa
Processing Time - 7 Months 6 Days

“Ready for Visa” was in the following format ... Got email that account is updated check your cic account and in cic account the update was in name of “information letter” with following content ...

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

* Is it the new way of sending the ready for visa email, PPR ... or everyone gets like this ? Kindly advise ... so what you guys think that as me and spouse are here in canada only so we will get the appointment for stamping of passports at given address .. any inland applicant here... what will be the next procedure?

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
So we got a "Request Letter", which is addressed to the Primary applicant - he is in Canada on WP, dependent is in India. Letter has below:

Primary Office: Vancouver Immigration
Dear <PRIMARY APPLICANT_NAME>

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you,
the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status.

Questions:
1. Primary applicant should expect a Confirmation of PR email as mentioned in some of the posts?
2. By when can we expect a landing interview?
3. What should we do from our end?
1.Email does say PA received COPR
2.you can call IRCC, explain your situation and confirm what the next procedures will be

Manjot_Bhangu

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
What was the format of your PPR ... ready for visa mail ? Kindly share ... i got update in my CIC account in form of ‘Information Letter’ in following format
The letter states the following:
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. You must complete the following steps within 7 days in order for your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to be issued.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) office responsible for issuing you a Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you shortly to arrange an appointment for your landing.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION
If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca.
 Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;
 Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;
 Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;
 You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: CONFIRM YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE
If you and all family members included in the application are in Canada, you are not required to submit your passports or apply for an authorization to enter the country. The IRCC office responsible for issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will contact you to make an appointment to finalize your application. If you and/or your family members are NOT currently residing in Canada, you need to advise us of your current place of residence as this may impact the issuing procedures of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and/or visa. Please advise us immediately by e-mail to: CIC-OTTAWA-IMMIGRATION@cic.gc.ca
***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
When you receive communication from the responsible IRCC office for your appointment, please make sure to bring the following documents:
1. Original Passport(s) for all people included in the application.
2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Reactions: a7v

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
1.Email does say PA received COPR
2.you can call IRCC, explain your situation and confirm what the next procedures will be
Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status.

Primary applicant hast got nothing yet. As yesterday was a holiday, we will try contacting IRCC today.

Wendy1112

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
12-31-2018
Med's Done....
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
interview request: May 23rd
LANDED..........
06-05-2019
Hi guys, I just received a landing interview request from the Vancouver office. My application was approved about 8 weeks ago, and the interview was scheduled in early June. So if you are in Vancouver, I'd say give it a few weeks ... Looks like they are really busy...