+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application has been transferred to office in Etobicoke

mrs royal

May 30, 2020
What will happen when you got a letter stating that your application is been transferred to Etobicoke.. is it something to worry about

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021

LadyTee14

Apr 26, 2021

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I didn’t get an actual letter but the eCAS status changed to Complete and say I entered Canada at the Etobicoke office and became a Permanent Resident.
This was since 4/15/21 and I haven’t gotten any email or letter on next steps so I too have questions on how things work after your file is transferred here.
This is barely only ten days ago, many other cases of these things being delayed. If you check other threads usually the COPR/PR card instructions have followed, although not as quickly as most would like.

Reactions: LadyTee14

LadyTee14

Apr 26, 2021
This is barely only ten days ago, many other cases of these things being delayed. If you check other threads usually the COPR/PR card instructions have followed, although not as quickly as most would like.
Ok that helps - all the posts I see say they get these email in 1 to 3 days so I was getting worried since I didn’t get any feedback when my status changed to DM a couple months ago.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok that helps - all the posts I see say they get these email in 1 to 3 days so I was getting worried since I didn’t get any feedback when my status changed to DM a couple months ago.
Unfortunately it's not just that things are slow, but that there is more variance in how quickly some of these steps take (compared to before). Right now I'd hazard that two-three weeks difference is just random.

Reactions: LadyTee14

srawat

May 5, 2022
facing the same situation brother, was wondering if you got any decision on your application?, btw You can apply for a new PGWP-EXT letter which would be valid for another 180 days by using the online forum.

srawat

May 5, 2022
I graduated on August 2021 from my college, and had submitted my PGWP by Sept, 2021. Since then I have been waiting for my PGWP, but on Jan, 2022 I received a letter from CIC that my application has been transferred to CIC Etobicoke for further processing. That was my last contact with CIC, they are not replying the online forum's queries and when I speak to them on phone, they say they can't tell the processing time of application once application is transferred to local office.
So this is where I am right now. After reading the threads, I do know I am not the only one going through this, so I just wanted to ask if anyone with similar issue got any progress in their application. At this point I just want to know the decision whether it's approved or refused because being kept in the dark for months has been quite frustrating.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I graduated on August 2021 from my college, and had submitted my PGWP by Sept, 2021. Since then I have been waiting for my PGWP, but on Jan, 2022 I received a letter from CIC that my application has been transferred to CIC Etobicoke for further processing. That was my last contact with CIC, they are not replying the online forum's queries and when I speak to them on phone, they say they can't tell the processing time of application once application is transferred to local office.
So this is where I am right now. After reading the threads, I do know I am not the only one going through this, so I just wanted to ask if anyone with similar issue got any progress in their application. At this point I just want to know the decision whether it's approved or refused because being kept in the dark for months has been quite frustrating.
Wait, are you being sponsored by your spouse while on PGWP (or waiting for PGWP processing)?

This section of the forum is for people being sponsored by their family to become PR. I think the timeline and the process is very different if you are JUST waiting for your PGWP application and if that work permit application is transferred to Etobicoke vs those that are waiting for their PR application to be approved.

Most spousal sponsorship applications being transfered to Etobicoke are waiting for interview or futher information/proof to be submitted.

13sohrab

Jan 26, 2021
Brother why are you worrying. I am waiting since sep 2020 same situation haha I don't even feel bad now. Have ordered gcms notes two times too nothing wrong with my file , it's just hard luck we are the ones who got stuck. Nice to meet you too.

Thisath

May 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
15-04-2021
My secondary VO is etobicoke … no sound from them 8 months of time