+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application from Nigeria

djokovic

May 6, 2012
I want to visit Montreal from Nigeria.i have filled the forms,gotten all the necessary docx from the person inviting me.what i want to know is, can i use UPS/ DHL to submit my application or am i to go their in person.
Secondly, how long will it take for a single entry visa processing time in Nigeria?
:-\

scaranek

Mar 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can mail it to the embassy using any of the courier service companies, but its in your interest to submit it at the VFS office along Billingsway Ikeja......even the embassy strongly advises that you submit through VFS.

VFS would ensure your documents and application are in order before submitting.

djokovic

May 6, 2012
@scaranek, thanks a million. i actually submitted thru them. tracked it and it is still on" application is being processed at the embassy".
how long does it take to be processed, and how would i know that i have been issued visa?waiting for your swift response, as i pray about it.

scaranek

Mar 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This depends on the amount of applications they are processing at the moment.......you may want to give it 1 or 2 months.

Continue tracking it on the VFS site.

djokovic

May 6, 2012
:-X
i am so speechless. till date no news from the embassy concerning my application.
this is unbelievable.
the date on my invitational letter has expired, as well as the date for my leave.
still no change of status.... :(
Could this be happening or i'm dreaming?
what baffles me is that they are still with my passport. :'(

Susan10

Jul 16, 2012
Djokovic, am also in d same situation. I submitted on the 26th APril for a visiting visa. And up till now my status is still " processing at Canadian embassy. Am suppose to travel since mid June. I had to defer my leave. . You can never get VAC numbers in Lagos. Am thinking of writing to d Canadian embassy. Also people advised me to travel to Lagos and go physically to Canadian embassy. This is 50 working days oo

omohola

Jul 18, 2012
Visiting Visa application could take up 3 months that is because they have a lot of back log.

i am sure you will get feedback once they are done.

djokovic

May 6, 2012
there are better ways that, they can streamline the requirements and make things easier for everybody.
since it is just a visitor visa,it shouldn't take decades to decide if, you should be granted or not.
they can employ more staff or reduce the docx needed.when they are busy looking for all the ties
to your homeland...they now tie everyone down..which shouldn't be.
they are just being inhumane.. :-X

djokovic

May 6, 2012
application status reads
" Your application reference number NGA/..... is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 13/09/2012"
what do you guys think this means? Although i am discouraged to go and pick up my passport
sensing the obvious "denial".

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Till you go there and pick your passport, we can't really tell if you have been denied.

Loolo

djokovic

May 6, 2012
Susan, so what is the situation report to your application?have you heard anything from the embassy?
mine is at VFS, but scared of the outcome.

toxyrado

Sep 21, 2012
So tell me what does that message "Your application reference number is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on " really mean. Does it mean you don't really know if you have been approved or denied???

djokovic

May 6, 2012
Toxy,
i am skeptical with the outcome of the application.
moreso, i will be collecting it next month, that is when
i will be less busy and strong livened enough to see the outcome.

butex

Dec 16, 2012
I people I am new here am being invited by my friend to come visit at Canada for 10days he is footing my bills and all .. But I heard I would need an invitation letter from him pls can I know what the letter entails and where he can send it through and how I would use it to apply for the visa ?