Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Hi All,
I am moving back to India on 14th April 2013. And I am planning to apply for PR before I move out of Canada.

In the "Generic Application Form to Canada_IMM0008", what should I give under Current Mailing address and Residential Address?

I am thinking to provide my India address. Please help and provide suggestions for my situation.

Thanks in advance.

godzilla

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-04-2013 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-01-2014
OPTION1: you can keep mailing and residential address of India. But in that case, Indicate this visa office in your application as New Delhi. You still have to mail your application to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.

OPTION2: Give your friends address who lives in Canada. In this case, visa office would be Ottawa. Again you have to mail your application to the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.

I have heard that New Delhi office is faster, even though on CIC site there is no such information

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Thanks Godzilla!
I am going with OPTION1 and trying to post the application on Wednesday (04/10).

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
praveenkumarsr said:
Hi All,
I am moving back to India on 14th April 2013. And I am planning to apply for PR before I move out of Canada.

In the "Generic Application Form to Canada_IMM0008", what should I give under Current Mailing address and Residential Address?

I am thinking to provide my India address. Please help and provide suggestions for my situation.

Thanks in advance.
it depends on the time you stay in India. if you stay there for long, then give the India address, if not , give the canada address. dont worry about that you can change it any time. but its better you ask them to contact you through the emails or over the phone. bcoz though you change the mailing addresses, some times they send them to the old addresses. it was happened for us many times for now.

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
I am from India and I am going for good now. Also my parents reside there. So I am giving the Indian address and should be able to manage.

Thanks Gango girl!

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
praveenkumarsr said:
I am from India and I am going for good now. Also my parents reside there. So I am giving the Indian address and should be able to manage.

Thanks Gango girl!
you are welcome

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
What should I give in "Current Country of Residence"?
I will be in Canada when I post the application but will move to India on 14th April 2013.

Please help.

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
praveenkumarsr said:
What should I give in "Current Country of Residence"?
I will be in Canada when I post the application but will move to India on 14th April 2013.

Please help.

you have mention "canada". bcoz u are in india for few months for a vacation. if you mention "india", it'll be a little problem when you apply for a spousal visa for your spouse. if you live in india for long time you have to mention as "india" & give details in your covering letter.

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Thanks Gango for your immediate responses to my queries!

I am planning to give Canada as "Current Country of Residence" as I will be posting the application before 14th April 2013. I am also attaching a covering letter explaining my situation and why I have given Canada as current country of residence.

Let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

And BTW, I am moving to India for good.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
praveenkumarsr said:

I am planning to give Canada as "Current Country of Residence" as I will be posting the application before 14th April 2013. I am also attaching a covering letter explaining my situation and why I have given Canada as current country of residence.

You would have to live in Canada for 2 out of 5 years to maintain your PR status, which obviously you won't be doing if you are going to live in India for good now. So why bother paying all that money to apply for PR?

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
praveenkumarsr said:

u are welcome praveen,
but why dont you explain that why you stay in india in these days? bcoz if you explain why you stay in india these days, then they realize that your country is canada rather than india. it'll be better for you to apply for a spousal visa for your spouse (if you are a citizen or permanent resident in canada) & be sure you have submit all the proofs about your relationship with your spouse. otherwise they will ask you again & again & it'll get delayed. dont get hurry to apply without making all in the good way. bcoz i was not lucky enough to see this forum b4 i applied. i just found this forum week ago. you have a good path to check everything of others experiences, so be clever to check all & apply once without any mistake.
feel free to ask anything about the details. i know how hard it is to wait till the visa comes. good luck

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
To: canuck_in_uk,
My onsite contract with my company is over in Canada and my WP expires on 17th Apr 2013. So I am going back to India and work with the same company in India. I would like to come back to Canada after I get my PR.

To: Gango girl,
Thanks for the details. As I stated above, I was not approved for my work permit extension by my company here in Canada. So I am going back to India since it expires and join the same company in Chennai. I would like to get PR and come back to Canada. I am an Indian who was in Canada as an onsite opportunity for my company for the past 2 years and I am single. So I am applying for myself and no one else.

praveenkumarsr

Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Hey senrima,
To whom are you addressing to call?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
praveenkumarsr said:
To: canuck_in_uk,
My onsite contract with my company is over in Canada and my WP expires on 17th Apr 2013. So I am going back to India and work with the same company in India. I would like to come back to Canada after I get my PR.

To: Gango girl,
Thanks for the details. As I stated above, I was not approved for my work permit extension by my company here in Canada. So I am going back to India since it expires and join the same company in Chennai. I would like to get PR and come back to Canada. I am an Indian who was in Canada as an onsite opportunity for my company for the past 2 years and I am single. So I am applying for myself and no one else.
Ah, so not moving to India for good then if you get PR, that makes more sense :)