+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for visa

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
I applied for work visa from Nigeria since last year August 2019 but haven't gotten the Visa till date. I recently tried tracking the Visa via VSF platform,but I'm seeing no record found as at today. Please i don't know what to do,I'm confuse

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Which immigration program did apply through ? For example Do you have a job offer supported with an LMIA, or spouse sponsorship supported by spouse study permit or spouse PGWP. So which program are you applying for a work permit ?

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
I actually have a job offer. But I don't know if it was supported. It was via an agent I got it done

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
How did you qualify for a work permit? A job offer doesnt mean you qualify, so you need to know the specific category you applied in under. What is your agent saying?

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
Actually my agent guy did all the online and paper work, mine was just for the biometrics. I do receive mail from my application done by the agent guy,the mail is always having a tag being " donotreply" attached to it is always my application number. The day I did biometrics I was sent a mail,attached to it was my visa tracking number and i've been receiving subsequent mail telling me that my application was updated but haven't received visa yet. I tried tracking the Visa with the tracking ID but it's saying no record found. I'm just confuse

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
I applied for work visa from Nigeria since last year August 2019 but haven't gotten the Visa till date. I recently tried tracking the Visa via VSF platform,but I'm seeing no record found as at today. Please i don't know what to do,I'm confuse

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
How did you qualify for a work permit? A job offer doesnt mean you qualify, so you need to know the specific category you applied in under. What is your agent saying?
Actually my agent guy did all the online and paper work, mine was just for the biometrics. I do receive mail from my application done by the agent guy,the mail is always having a tag being " donotreply" attached to it is always my application number. The day I did biometrics I was sent a mail,attached to it was my visa tracking number and i've been receiving subsequent mail telling me that my application was updated but haven't received visa yet. I tried tracking the Visa with the tracking ID but it's saying no record found. I'm just confuse

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you sure the job offer is real? It's quite possible your agent is scamming you.

Did you pay money in exchange for the job?

Does the job include free flight or accommodations or food?

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
If it's a scam will I be receiving mails from the embassy about my application,got my biometrics done myself?

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
The job didn't come with those benefits,except that it was written that they'll give accommodation,help in passport renewing when expires,be responsible for transportation to work and back from work premises

Bestlight

Jun 1, 2020
How sure is a scam? I have my details like tracking ID, I've been receiving mails about my application from the beginning of the application,the day I got my biometrics done and subsequent times

everyjuan

Dec 18, 2019
I got a new passport and I have a valid student visa stamp in my old passport. Can I still travel to Canada using my valid student visa stamp in my old passport? It will be my first time to travel to Canada, provided that I will bring my old and new passport, travel exemption(Approved before March 18), Letter of Acceptance, Letter from school that my program is blended(on-line and in-class). Planning to travel to Canada 3rd Week of August.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I got a new passport and I have a valid student visa stamp in my old passport. Can I still travel to Canada using my valid student visa stamp in my old passport? It will be my first time to travel to Canada, provided that I will bring my old and new passport, travel exemption(Approved before March 18), Letter of Acceptance, Letter from school that my program is blended(on-line and in-class). Planning to travel to Canada 3rd Week of August.
Carrying both passports is fine as long as visa/TRV is valid. If you qualify for one of the exemptions you can travel, check with airline as well.