30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Wish you luck !! Keep Updating :)

krithika

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi,

Currently i am waiting for my dependant visa(trv) . I have not resigned my present job.After going to canada , can i apply for a spousal open work permit ?

If I do, how much time will it take for processing ?

Thanks.
Krithika

prykaul

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2013
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2014
Med's Request
5th August 2014
Med's Done....
7th August 2014
krithika said:
Hi,

Currently i am waiting for my dependant visa(trv) . I have not resigned my present job.After going to canada , can i apply for a spousal open work permit ?

If I do, how much time will it take for processing ?

Thanks.
Krithika

Hi Krithika ,
yes you can apply from canada ...processing time is mentioned on the cic website.I think it is 68 days ....i know a girl who just got his spousal open work permit from canada ..

krithika

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi All,

I have applied for trv now.

Once i get there is it possible to apply for a spousal open work permit ? How much time will it take to obtain the work permit ?

Thanks.
Krithika

prykaul

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Nov 2013
AOR Received.
20th Jan 2014
Med's Request
5th August 2014
Med's Done....
7th August 2014
krithika said:
Hi All,

I have applied for trv now.

Once i get there is it possible to apply for a spousal open work permit ? How much time will it take to obtain the work permit ?

Thanks.
Krithika
yes you can..if you apply from canada then it's 78 days....

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
Hi Folks .....

Does anyone know that how much time does Chandigarh consulate takes for Work Permit/Visa?

On CIC, it is 4 months but the VFS guys told my wife that she will receive her passport within a month. Since, she lives in Punjab, she had to apply in Chandigarh office.

Tx

vikris

Jan 8, 2013
Hi..

Even i'm in same situation. When i apply for OWP i had received Visiting visa for 3 years. I would like to know what are the chances of getting OWP if i apply again. If i apply again do i need to submit all the documents again?

can i apply for OWP from Canada? what is the time line to get the OWP? Is it better to apply from IND or from CAD. Which will process fast.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay

Bob04

Jan 3, 2013
Hi Everyone,
My wife is on a studypermit for PG diploma who just left to Canada 2 weeks back. Now i would like to join as her dependent and apply for OWP. Is it possible for me to apply as student dependent. If so, can I aslo apply OWP at the port of entry.
Request some one to advise me the best option

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
Bob04 said:
Hi Everyone,
My wife is on a studypermit for PG diploma who just left to Canada 2 weeks back. Now i would like to join as her dependent and apply for OWP. Is it possible for me to apply as student dependent. If so, can I aslo apply OWP at the port of entry.
Request some one to advise me the best option
Apply for OWP from India as a dependent on your spouse.

At port of entry there is a risk .....do not rely on that. The services are available in your country...why not utilize those.

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
vikris said:
Hi..

Even i'm in same situation. When i apply for OWP i had received Visiting visa for 3 years. I would like to know what are the chances of getting OWP if i apply again. If i apply again do i need to submit all the documents again?

can i apply for OWP from Canada? what is the time line to get the OWP? Is it better to apply from IND or from CAD. Which will process fast.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay
If you are independent guy.....you can apply from within Canada but you will have to apply for LMO if working or you should have arranged employment.

Bob04

Jan 3, 2013
saini84 said:
Apply for OWP from India as a dependent on your spouse.

At port of entry there is a risk .....do not rely on that. The services are available in your country...why not utilize those.
thanks for the reply Krithika however in additonal to ur advise i also want to know what are the documents required to apply? I mean any documents required from my wife as she is been there since a week only. And Can i apply ASAP or else do I need to wait for a period and then apply. Finally what are the chances of getting my Visa approved

vikris

Jan 8, 2013
saini84 said:
If you are independent guy.....you can apply from within Canada but you will have to apply for LMO if working or you should have arranged employment.
Thanks for your reply..

My sopouse got study permit and i would like to process OWP. But due to the consultancy's lack of knowledger they are processed different application and i have issued Visiting visa. Now my question is do i need to process OWP again or can i obtain at POE.

Please do suggest .

ravi263

Aug 17, 2010
@Saini84, My spouse applied for OWP from Chandigarh on Dec 20.
Any one has an update how long it takes at chandigarh office for processing visa...

jassiforu

Nov 9, 2012
Hi Everyone

I have just joined this form but always read the queries posted by members and the replies they r getting.
I am a full time student at Humber College, Canada. I am here since sep 2012. My husband applied for spousal open work permit in the month of October.
The file has been received by Canadian consulate on Oct 29 2012, and till date it says is in processing.
We haven't get any reply since then..........It has been told by VFS (New Delhi) to my husband that its gonna take 20 working days.
Please anyone can suggest me what is the actual processing time for spousal OWP and what is the reason for the delay?

Many Thanks
Jassi

ravi263

Aug 17, 2010
jassiforu said:
Hi Everyone

I have just joined this form but always read the queries posted by members and the replies they r getting.
I am a full time student at Humber College, Canada. I am here since sep 2012. My husband applied for spousal open work permit in the month of October.
The file has been received by Canadian consulate on Oct 29 2012, and till date it says is in processing.
We haven't get any reply since then..........It has been told by VFS (New Delhi) to my husband that its gonna take 20 working days.
Please anyone can suggest me what is the actual processing time for spousal OWP and what is the reason for the delay?

Many Thanks
Jassi
CIC website says 4 months it the processing time...please keep us posted once you hear from them...