+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for spousal Open work permit from India

amardeepm2000

Feb 5, 2013
Hi I am Amar, Even i was also applied in oct 22 2012. Still it showing Under process. Please can u let me know u r husband status

jassiforu said:
Hi Everyone

I have just joined this form but always read the queries posted by members and the replies they r getting.
I am a full time student at Humber College, Canada. I am here since sep 2012. My husband applied for spousal open work permit in the month of October.
The file has been received by Canadian consulate on Oct 29 2012, and till date it says is in processing.
We haven't get any reply since then..........It has been told by VFS (New Delhi) to my husband that its gonna take 20 working days.
Please anyone can suggest me what is the actual processing time for spousal OWP and what is the reason for the delay?

Many Thanks
Jassi

geesea

Jan 15, 2013
hi. i would like to know some information about the spouse dependent visa. my finacee is under closed wp, and his pr applictaion is stil in process, he is coming to marry me in a month and we are planing to apply visit visa or open wp. since his pr application is in process i wld b get updated ones mariage done, so will this reflect the chance of geting visit atleast .. kindly help me with the information

dearmitul

Feb 24, 2013
Hi All,

My wife has applied for SOWP on January 24th 2013. She sent all documents and forms via courier to Delhi office, which was received there on 28th January, 2013. My question is how can we get File number or any tracking number if we are sending application through courier? Please let me know if anybody has information regarding to this.

Thanks In Advance.

ravi263

Aug 17, 2010
Hi Guys,
I recieved email today that my wife's spousal work permits is approved. Applied at vfs, Chandigarh.
Applied on Dec 20, 2012. Got on Mar 01, 2013.
Thanks,
Ravi

Dvijayk

Mar 1, 2013
Hi All,
I need some advise on a similar issue. I am currently working in Toronto on a closed work permit and my assignment will be completed by March end. My wife is also working on a closed work permit from another company. Is it possible to convert my Closed Work permit into an open one (Tagged to my wife's Closed permit) ? My work permit is valid till Aug 13 and my wife's till Dec 14. Please let me know

DVK

dearmitul

Feb 24, 2013
Dvijayk said:
Hi All,
I need some advise on a similar issue. I am currently working in Toronto on a closed work permit and my assignment will be completed by March end. My wife is also working on a closed work permit from another company. Is it possible to convert my Closed Work permit into an open one (Tagged to my wife's Closed permit) ? My work permit is valid till Aug 13 and my wife's till Dec 14. Please let me know

DVK
YES. you can apply for open work permit. But you will get open work permit till Dec. 14 only. not more than that.

Gm1986

May 3, 2013
Hi Ravi
Congrats about open work permit. I have questions regarding that .... Please answer them, that will be very helpful for me. I am in Canada as student. Igot married last month. I am back in Canada and my spouse is in India. I want to apply for open work permit for him. What documents you sent to embassy for your wife OWP ?
Please provide me as much information as you can. Thanks

nefiriouse

May 9, 2013
I am getting hyper. My wife is awaiting her passport now after being rejected once. This time we have a letter supporting her work permit from my Provincial nominee officer. Hope this time her file will be accepted. We applied in On Feb 22nd and her passport is coming now. Hope they just stamp the visa and don't tell her to go for medical examination. Lol

nefiriouse

May 9, 2013
It's surprising that my wife has been refused again. This time she even had a letter to support from my Provincial nominee officer. Any suggestions. Please help.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nefiriouse said:
It's surprising that my wife has been refused again. This time she even had a letter to support from my Provincial nominee officer. Any suggestions. Please help.
Sorry to hear about this refusal, You may get your CAIPS/GCMS notes from CIC . These notes will help you in understanding what went wrong with your wife's application.

Here is the link regarding CAIPS / GCMS notes:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

You may search this forum if u need more info regarding CAIPS/GCMS notes and what people do when their visa applications are refused.
Good Luck.

Jun 3, 2013
My husband is working in Canada on a 3 year Post Graduate Work permit.
I wanted to join him there and work there as well, so have the following question:-

Can I apply for an open work permit online through the CIC website? I filled the questionnaire online and it confirmed that I am eligible to apply, however I am unsure about how I will apply for a visa once I get the work permit?

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Hi guys,

I am also in the same situation please help me...

What are the documents required in order to apply OWP in the category of Common law partner.

Please help me with your result ..Did u get the OWP or not.

Regards
Rajan

pjsaindane

Aug 7, 2013
Hello,

I`m Pallavi from India. Our nationality is Indian. My husband is working in Canada as NOC C. He will be applying soon for his wok permit for NOC B level job, bcoz an LMO for this job has been approved. I have applied temporary visitors visa in India and it has got rejected. Hence I need some information regarding my open work permit. My husband will be applying online for both work permits (his work permit and mine open work permit) from Canada only. I will be submitting "Use of family member representative" i.e IMM5713. We need to upload the documents mentioned below.

The document checklist for my husband is :
Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)
Marriage License/Certificate
Offer of employment
Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from HRSDC or proof of submission
Passport or travel document
Digital Photo
Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered
Employer Questionnaire and Declaration
Use of a Family Member Representative for Online Applications (IMM5713)

the document checklist for me is as follows:
Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295)
Family Information (IMM5645)
Passport or travel document
Digital Photo
Family Information Form (IMM5707)

M having some doubts while filing IMM1295- Application of work permit from outside Canada

1. As my husband wil be the representative, what should I write in Current Mailing address and residential mailing address. Should I give My husbands address as current mailing address. and residential as mine in India?

2. Details of prospective employer
a. Name of Employer
b. Complete Address of Employer
3. Intended location of employment in Canada
4. Job title and description of duties

Please tell me how to apply for visa once I get open work permit.

Please guide me in this regard.

Thank You.

bala1

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Nomination.....
25-12-2013
AOR Received.
18-02-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
18-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Passport Req..
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Thank god done
LANDED..........
God is great done
Hi prykaul

I am cook in Alberta and I have applied for owp for my wife in feb but in may it got rejected reasons were
1.need lmo for my wife
2.says not satisfied that I come under noc skilled level a, o, b as my job noc is 6322 cook b level but ihave writing a civer letter to the embassy and re applied I don't know what will be the result I am really worried as I am in canada since 1 year
Waiting for you suggestion
Regards
Bala

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........