+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for refugee travel document (for urgent travel)

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hello, I hope everyone is safe and well.

I have questions regarding the application for RTD during these times.

1- Should I submit my application first and then send the web form request? or send the webform, wait for their response, then send my application?

2-Anyone applied recently for RTD and received it? how was the experience and how much it's going to take? my reason for urgency is the sickness of both my sister and brother.

I appreciate your help and response.

Reactions: Ratmir

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

1- Should I submit my application first and then send the web form request? or send the webform, wait for their response, then send my application?

2-Anyone applied recently for RTD and received it? how was the experience and how much it's going to take? my reason for urgency is the sickness of both my sister and brother.

Submit your application and then send in the webform immediately afterwards.

Make sure you aren't traveling to your home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Have you had your hearing and received your NOD? As of February you hadn't based on your posts?

timon bi

Feb 21, 2020

Based on my experience last month I got my RTD within Two weeks only, it’s better to send a webform first, so they will put your name as priority and wait until they contact you back, after that send your application with supporting documents and don’t forget the write ( URGENT ) on the Canada post envelope both side, so they can start your application right a way.
good luck

Reactions: Ratmir and scylla

Ali94

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Based on my experience last month I got my RTD within Two weeks only, it’s better to send a webform first, so they will put your name as a priority and wait until they contact you back, after that send your application with supporting documents and don’t forget the write ( URGENT ) on the Canada post envelope both side, so they can start your application right a way.
good luck
-Oh, I just sent my documents and did the webform after that. I wish if I saw your reply before.
- i didn't write urgent on the envelope. do I have to do so?.
- what do you mean by supporting documents? do I have to submit it with the webform? I only explained to them in detail that I have 2 of my family members sick.
- what is the next step now? should I expect them to contact me?

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
-Oh, I just sent my documents and did the webform after that. I wish if I saw your reply before.
- what do you mean by supporting documents? do I have to submit it with the webform? I only explained to them in detail that I have 2 of my family members sick.
That's why you have to do web form first and wait what they want to you do!

Christalin

Feb 14, 2019
How much did you paid for your application please?
Based on my experience last month I got my RTD within Two weeks only, it’s better to send a webform first, so they will put your name as priority and wait until they contact you back, after that send your application with supporting documents and don’t forget the write ( URGENT ) on the Canada post envelope both side, so they can start your application right a way.
good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Proof that 2 family members are so sick that you need to travel would be supporting documents. Letter from a hospital or treating doctor describing their conditions

Jon0003

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Hey, have you heard back regarding your RTD?