+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Proof of Citizenship

fangcai

Jul 22, 2018
Hey everyone,

I mailed my daughter's citizenship application to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing by the end of last July and received an email from IRCC 4 months later in last Nov with the UCI code.

I learned from the IRCC website that the processing time may take 5 months and add 3-4 months to account for mailing time if we applied through the Canadian embassy. The total duration of supposes8-9 months. But it has been over 10 months since IRCC received the application till now, the status of the application has been showing as 'application received' from day one without any changes.

Would someone have the same situation? Whether it is possible due to the Covid-19 resulting in the delay? Should I send off an email to the Embassy or IRCC to check it out?

Thanks for your attention and your comments and feedback will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Fang

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
You can send a webform. At least you know what to expect. Several possibilities here. Sent to Program Support Unit, Delay Due to Covid, Apllication Volume, it really depends.

fangcai

Jul 22, 2018
Thank you so much, Rullence! Actually I've sent off an email to the Canadian Embassy in Beijing yesterday where I submitted the application for my daughter. I'll send a webform by today. Hopefully, I can hear back from either one sooner.