+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for PR Card - Landing in Canada

B

blueriver

Hi , we are due to land in Canada, however after 4 weeks we must return to Europe to finalise
sale of house

Should we apply for PR card when we land ?

Or should we wait until we return about 8 weeks later ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to apply PR card again. But you do have to give a Canadian address for sending your PR card. You can do this when you return to Canada 8 weeks later after your landing.

D.Osman

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-March-2009
File Transfer...
?-Dec.2011
Med's Done....
12.Jun.2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23.Aug.2012
VISA ISSUED...
25 Sep.2012
LANDED..........
by the grace of God at 28th Nov.2012
Dear Steaky, any other members who can answer,
I'll be landing in the next few days, as I couldn't be sure about accepting my local bank statements and Credit cards, I decided to bring all POF in Cash although it is somewhat large for a family of 5 (about 25000$), I'm landing alone, stay for about 2 weeks and return with my wife and 3 kids to complete their landing; still I've worried about filling B4/B4A that I have not well prepared it.
my question is: Does my wife fill her own forms too (as she has own household, personal and jewelleries accompaning and to be followed or both forms should be filled when I'm landing?
some belongings cannot be imported to Canada as my car and land piece both accounts abouts 120,000$, also heavy household goods like washing machine or referegerator, is it better to not mention about them or those should be listed as well?
please any member can explain, will be highly appreciated

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it's one B4/4A form per family. If you submit the form at your landing, your wife and child would not submit the form again at their landing.

If your car is not originate from north america, it cannot be imported. I'm not sure if you can import your washing machine or refrigerator or you are able to use them in Canada when you landed if it is not from north america.

When you list the items in the B4/4A form, you can choose to bring them now or later without taxed. You don't have to bring everything in the list to Canada if you changed your mind or find it not necessary later on.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

steaky said:
No, it's one B4/4A form per family. If you submit the form at your landing, your wife and child would not submit the form again at their landing.

If your car is not originate from north america, it cannot be imported. I'm not sure if you can import your washing machine or refrigerator or you are able to use them in Canada when you landed if it is not from north america.

When you list the items in the B4/4A form, you can choose to bring them now or later without taxed. You don't have to bring everything in the list to Canada if you changed your mind or find it not necessary later on.
Actually every individual can have their own B4 when "landing"

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Actually every individual can have their own B4 when "landing"
Like again, every CBSA officers says things differently. Yours quoted this and mine quoted that.

Natasha007

Dec 3, 2012
Hi there.
I landed Toronto on 10th Oct and still waiting for my PR cards, when are they going to come? is there anyway i can contact nova scotia off by e mail to find out if my cards are ready or any other way i can find out thru online check
pls let me know
thanks
pls help me with thr e mail id

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
Natasha007 said:
Hi there.
I landed Toronto on 10th Oct and still waiting for my PR cards, when are they going to come? is there anyway i can contact nova scotia off by e mail to find out if my cards are ready or any other way i can find out thru online check
pls let me know
thanks
pls help me with thr e mail id
Wait atleast 65-70 calender days.... then ask the status @ 1- 888 242‑2100