+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for dependant children times

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Hello all,

I sent my application to sponsor my daughter who was born in Spain two years ago. Now we are in Canada and I sent the application being in Canada by the end of July.

I haven't got any email with a confirmation application number and I'm unable to find it using the tool on CIC website.

I want to know if someone knows what's the estimated time to receive an application number and the total time to process it.

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I sent my application to sponsor my daughter who was born in Spain two years ago. Now we are in Canada and I sent the application being in Canada by the end of July.

I haven't got any email with a confirmation application number and I'm unable to find it using the tool on CIC website.

I want to know if someone knows what's the estimated time to receive an application number and the total time to process it.

Thanks!
Up to a few months to receive AOR. Sponsorship takes 5-11 months. Assume you are also compliant with your RO.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Up to a few months to receive AOR. Sponsorship takes 5-11 months. Assume you are also compliant with your RO.
Thanks! I'm already PR, my wife is and my other daughter is too. Although we haven't met our Residence Obligations yet. That will happen next year.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I already know I don't meet them. I have around 16 months of PR yet. Thanks
You should answer canuck78's questions. If you don't meet the RO, you don't qualify to sponsor your child. You can expect the app to be refused and IRCC to start the process to revoke your PR status.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I've been PR for 16 months and my PR is expiring in September of 2020. Therefore I have enough time to renew it. If they refuse it now, I guess I will apply again later in 2020.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I've been PR for 16 months and my PR is expiring in September of 2020. Therefore I have enough time to renew it. If they refuse it now, I guess I will apply again later in 2020.
PR status doesn't expire. Are you referring to the expiry of your PR card? If you've only been a PR for 16 months, your PR card should be valid until 2023.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When did you actually land. The expiry date on your or card is not what matters. You need to live in Canada for 730 during the 5 years from your landing date.

D.Thom

Sep 17, 2019
Hello all,

Thanks!
From the data i've been reading, it takes approx 60 days to get an AOR. So you may get yours within a week or two

the total processing time you can find in below link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html