+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for citizenship certificate

marilugia

Jan 5, 2014
Hi, I have a problem...I'm filling ny application but I have a problem at point 8A : applicant's parents.
My mother was born in Italy and doesn't have Canadian citizenship. So when they ask " how didi she obtain Canadian citizenship ? " can I answer N/A ? and what about the other two questions ? Can I always write N/A ? Please I need help !!!!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

marilugia said:
Hi, I have a problem...I'm filling ny application but I have a problem at point 8A : applicant's parents.
My mother was born in Italy and doesn't have Canadian citizenship. So when they ask " how didi she obtain Canadian citizenship ? " can I answer N/A ? and what about the other two questions ? Can I always write N/A ? Please I need help !!!!!
1. Assuming you are over 18 you are using the wrong form to apply for citizenship.
2. If you are applying for Proof of Citizenship, then the answer is N/A.

marilugia

Jan 5, 2014
my situation is the following : I'm 18, my father was born in Canada ( now he lives in Italy ) and my mum is Italian. I'm filling the form APPLICATION FOR CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE ( PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP ) UNDER SECION 3 ( CIT 0001 ). Do you think it is wrong ?
Thanks for all the information you can give me

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also put N/A. To me, it seemed as though the form assumes both of your parents are Canadian citizens.

marilugia

Jan 5, 2014
Thanks J.M , but when it says " did she leave Canada for more than one year before 1977 " what did you do ? Did you say YES , NO , or just nothing ? this is my probem very grateful if you can help me :)

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marilugia said:
Thanks J.M , but when it says " did she leave Canada for more than one year before 1977 " what did you do ? Did you say YES , NO , or just nothing ? this is my probem very grateful if you can help me :)
By looking at the form, I am fairly certain I put N/A next to the YES/NO boxes. I believe the website has a video showing how the form SHOULD be filled out (I didn't notice the video until after I already sent in my application), and it might also be of help. If not, in step 2 of the application instructions it does state, "If any section is not applicable to you, write N/A."

Hope that helps! :)

J.M.

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was successful so if you put N/A, yours should be fine as well. Looking forward to receiving mine in the mail!