+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

tully

Oct 5, 2020
Nope :( Uploaded the latest reports on 17th via webform. No response to webform yet.
Did you contact IRCC recently? Do you know the reason for the delay? I also uploaded the school report and the speech therapy report and they confirmed it was received. Mine my older daughter's"medical to be assessed" now "in progress' and security started.

Most of the CEC applicants on this thread have already got the PR, only two of us still waiting I guess.

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Did you contact IRCC recently? Do you know the reason for the delay? I also uploaded the school report and the speech therapy report and they confirmed it was received. Mine my older daughter's "medical to be assessed" now "in progress' and security started.

Most of the CEC applicants on this thread have already got the PR, only two of us still waiting I guess.
I'm not CEC. PNP-Outland. Planning to call IRCC this week but am not positive.

Reactions: tully

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
Are there any applicants who are still waiting on this thread other than me and VinothAJ?
I am still waiting. AOR Aug 2020, FST outland.
My son's file "has been assessed M5, Gcms medicals have been updated with the results", according to Gcms from Nov 2020. We have been sending therapy and school reports via webforms. Even in January we raised a one too for the end of year report, and it was acknowledged on Thursday last week that it will be added to our profile within 2 business days. Also called the client service, and all parameters including background and security are passed except for medicals and eligibility. Dont know how much longer it's going to take. Tired of waiting

tully

Oct 5, 2020
I am still waiting. AOR Aug 2020, FST outland.
My son's file "has been assessed M5, Gcms medicals have been updated with the results", according to Gcms from Nov 2020. We have been sending therapy and school reports via webforms. Even in January we raised a one too for the end of year report, and it was acknowledged on Thursday last week that it will be added to our profile within 2 business days. Also called the client service, and all parameters including background and security are passed except for medicals and eligibility. Dont know how much longer it's going to take. Tired of waiting
Yup me too. So tired waiting AOR 7th April 2021 -PNP Inalnd
No way to contact IRCC, ordered GCMS it being 4 months and webform no response. I have uploaded school reports and Speech therapy reports last month.
Mine all passed except my kid's medical and security started as per last call in end of Dec 2021.

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
Yup me too. So tired waiting AOR 7th April 2021 -PNP Inalnd
No way to contact IRCC, ordered GCMS it being 4 months and webform no response. I have uploaded school reports and Speech therapy reports last month.
Mine all passed except my kid's medical and security started as per last call in end of Dec 2021.
We'll keep hoping for the best.

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
An update.

Received IMM 1017E this morning, for spouse and I. Curiously, no further requests for my daughter (I had uploaded her speech therapy report last month via webform). Based on a quick research about what the form is, it looks like a re-medical has to be done with a panel physician and the results need to be uploaded again through eMedical plus a webform to be submitted requesting IRCC to update the medical records to our file.

We have 30 days. Hopefully this is a sign of our application progressing.

PNP-Outland. AOR 12/12/20

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
An update.

Received IMM 1017E this morning, for spouse and I. Curiously, no further requests for my daughter (I had uploaded her speech therapy report last month via webform). Based on a quick research about what the form is, it looks like a re-medical has to be done with a panel physician and the results need to be uploaded again through eMedical plus a webform to be submitted requesting IRCC to update the medical records to our file.

It's certainly progress.

Reactions: VinothAJ

tully

Oct 5, 2020
An update.

Great! gald to hear that. Stay positive.

Reactions: VinothAJ

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Following. I applied in tr-pr back in July 2021. Just gathering info on how the process goes. Everything done except criminality in progress and my son's medical still in review while our other 3 medicals passed Dec 3rd. He is 7 years will be 8 years in April. Diagnosed with ASD at 3 years. Assuming that they transferred my sons meds that same timeframe it hasn't been too long of a wait and im praying it wont be much longer. Application estimated due date is March 6 but it could pass. So we wait... I think i may follow the trend and go ahead to submit his diagnosis and iep reports. I will speak to his school as well as call the doctor who did the medicals to see what was in the report.
Anyway congratulations and goodluck to all!

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
So, spoke with a client support agent who's said security and background were passed in sept 2021, and all other parameters are passed as well except for medicals that's still under review. Hence, eligibility is still in review.
Does anyone have an idea of the how files with m5 review are actually being processed? Is passing the medicals the last lap? Is it a supervising visa officer that passes such cases and then issues ppr? I'll really like to know how it works. If anyone could shed some light, I'd appreciate.

Last edited:

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
So, spoke with a client support agent who's said security and background were passed in sept 2021, and all other parameters are passed as well except for medicals that's still under review. Hence, eligibility is still in review.
Does anyone have an idea of the how files with m5 review are actually being processed? Is passing the medicals the last lap? Is it a supervising visa officer that passes such cases and then issues ppr? I'll really like to know how it works. If anyone could shed some light, I'd appreciate.
M5 files usually go to CMAU (Central Medical Admissibility Unit) for the final review/approval. In my daughter's case, they gave themselves 1 year to complete her evaluation (found this in the ATIP request I raised). Still not sure if its done though.

You can probably raise a GCMS/ATIP to know this I guess.

Reactions: JennyEnas

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
M5 files usually go to CMAU (Central Medical Admissibility Unit) for the final review/approval. In my daughter's case, they gave themselves 1 year to complete her evaluation (found this in the ATIP request I raised). Still not sure if its done though.

You can probably raise a GCMS/ATIP to know this I guess.
Is your daughter's Medical approved/passed now?

Applied for gcms since early December, no response yet. However, from the last gcms(may 2021), it says it was assessed M5 by CMAU in sept 2020, and then in Oct 2020 it says "Medical has been assessed M5, and GCMS medicals have been updated with the results".

Now, here is the confusing part for me. After assessment, is it an immigration officer that applies the policy or its still cmau? I really do not see why it should take forever for it to be passed, since the condition is a developmental delay, and won't cause excessive demand. Except its a different type of immigration officer that passes such cases. Even so.......

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Is your daughter's Medical approved/passed now?

Applied for gcms since early December, no response yet. However, from the last gcms(may 2021), it says it was assessed M5 by CMAU in sept 2020, and then in Oct 2020 it says "Medical has been assessed M5, and GCMS medicals have been updated with the results".

Now, here is the confusing part for me. After assessment, is it an immigration officer that applies the policy or its still cmau? I really do not see why it should take forever for it to be passed, since the condition is a developmental delay, and won't cause excessive demand. Except its a different type of immigration officer that passes such cases. Even so.......
Absolutely clueless on that front. We are still not sure on the status of our daughter's file bcoz the re-med request did not come for her. Spouse & I completed our re-med today, so the results should hopefully be updated to our profile through eMedical in a week. I guess we'll know in a week or two if the status changes in our CIC account.

Reactions: JennyEnas