Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Eithan, can you pls share the whatsup group details.. Finally I see a change in my profile - "Application/profile updated" first time.. Hope this is GU - seeing for the first in a year..
I did called IRCC a week back. call center person tried to escalate since no update more than 6 month as per process but she came back and say's that escalation process is stopped due to pandemic :(
Also can you tell me when exactly they started reviewing your son's medical ? Should be on the GCMS notes.
I know that you submitted your medicals on January 2020 but I would like to know when actually they moved it to CMAU.
Thank you!

Divagar06

Nov 25, 2020
Also can you tell me when exactly they started reviewing your son's medical ? Should be on the GCMS notes.
I know that you submitted your medicals on January 2020 but I would like to know when actually they moved it to CMAU.
Thank you!
As per the notes. My son medical moved CMAC on June 2020. Still in Review

• Wow
Reactions: eithan203

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Just an FYI to everyone.
I contacted my MP and wrote the following:
My son is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder which flagged his medical as an excessive demand on the health system.
Since then the Centralized Medical Admissibility Unit (CMAU) didn't review or return a response on his medical or any guidelines about what will be next.
On June 1, 2018 The honourable Ahmed Hussen placed a policy to exclude cases as my son to be an excessive demand on the health system.
I know there are multiple situations right now during this pandemic and I understand how it affects IRCC processing time but I do want to share my and more families that are in the same situation where our children are not an excessive demand and are excluded from the Medical Admissibility but still treated as we are an excessive demand on the health system.
My son is special and I don't see why we are being left behind even if we are not causing any damage or cost to the health system.
I seek your assistance in this matter, and am grateful for any that you and your office provides.
Please feel free to contact me if you need more details and information.

Let’s see what is outcome and I’m probably planning to contact global news and ctv news after my application will be 100% which is next week.
If anyone would like to join to write their opinions and share their story you are welcome to do that with me.
I’m not only thinking about my self but for other families that will have this struggle in the future.

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nope :( IRRC said the GU was about that they received my son latest report which I have uploaded.
Hope we will get better news soon, It's just frustrating if it will take CMAU to process 1 year total...
I also contacted some media channels and my MP to help us.
Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Niki_S

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
<<6yr old daughter - mild autism>>

PNP-Outland: Bangalore, India

Spoke to IRCC just now. No updates on our medicals and we did our upfront exactly 4 months back.

Eligibility, Criminality - Passed
Security - Yet to start
Visa Office - CPC-Sydney

My major concern was on medicals and it remains the same.. for now! Guess there is nothing much we can do except wait!

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
For those with autism spectrum disorder families.
I contacted the lawyer that actually fought IRCC to make the temporary policy in 2018 and the new one that they are fixing right now.
He stated that children with ASD should not go to CMAU at all and should be passed immediately since they are excluded from the cost and it is a discrimination of what they are doing right now.
His name is Hadayt Nazami and you can google and see that he’s the one who made IRCC to change their policies regarding disabilities.
I asked him to help me and others in this loop to address IRCC why are we still discriminated.
Anyone who would like to come forward can contact Hadayt.
I think it’s a big mistake that we should wait another year so they can actually review our medicals while their policy strictly saying we are excluded!

Reactions: Divagar06

jasmin-alladin

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Good afternoon,

Anyone here in Canada who filed for disability tax credit for their kids? Did you get approved?

Last edited:
Reactions: tully

eithan203

Dec 9, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Good afternoon,

Anyone here in Canada who filed for disability tax credit for their kids? Did you get approved?
Same here,
We went to our pediatrician to sign on the DTC forms and got approved after 3 weeks.
That was back in 2020.