+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
Update,

Got remeicals for the other members of our family except my son. No mention of his medicals being passed.

Reactions: tully

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Update,

Got remeicals for the other members of our family except my son. No mention of his medicals being passed.
It most likely means they do not want anything further for him. We also got the re-medical request just for us, nothing for my daughter. I think (and am hopeful) that once you complete the re-medicals, you'll get the much awaited email a week or two after that.

Reactions: JennyEnas and tully

tully

Oct 5, 2020
It most likely means they do not want anything further for him. We also got the re-medical request just for us, nothing for my daughter. I think (and am hopeful) that once you complete the re-medicals, you'll get the much awaited email a week or two after that.
Did you get the PPR?

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
Glad to hear that coz you are also waiting long. If you dont mind can you please share your son's condition and how old is he? Hope you are a mom:)
We can kind of sharing things make them better.
My son is 5 years old, he has moderate autism. He can read and write things appropriate for his age. He also attends main stream school, he however has a facilitator in class. And yeah I am a mom. with my son, we have observed that, there are certain things these kids just grow into, not necessarily because of what they learn in therapy. My son communicates, but not a fluent or spontaneous talker. I give him omega 3 daily too.

tully

Oct 5, 2020
My son is 5 years old, he has moderate autism. He can read and write things appropriate for his age. He also attends main stream school, he however has a facilitator in class. And yeah I am a mom. with my son, we have observed that, there are certain things these kids just grow into, not necessarily because of what they learn in therapy. My son communicates, but not a fluent or spontaneous talker. I give him omega 3 daily too.
Thanks for sharing! my older daughter, she is 8 years old. Same condition, speaks a few words.

Reactions: JennyEnas

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hello, I've been reading the whole thread for several days now as I too, have a child with autism. We have a pending PR app under the Federal Self-Employed stream. Unfortunately, processing time has been increased to 37 months and we've only received an AOR last Jan. 2021 and nothing more from IRCC.

So my husband and I decided to apply via the Student Pathway (I am the student and my husband has an OWP). Submitted our online application last Jan. 2022 and got approved, with PPR, just today. We did our medicals last March 2 and we passed the exams one at a time--daughter first, then me and husband, then eldest son, and a day after that, our youngest son with ASD. The very next day, we got our approval. We will be waiting for our PR approval once we are in Canada.

There is hope yet, so don't give up! If you ever want to explore another pathway to Canada, you might want to consider becoming an international student. God bless everyone!

Reactions: JennyEnas and tully

tully

Oct 5, 2020
I contacted MP and has made a not on the file. everything passed. still waiting my daughter's medical (final component) it being one an half months stuck on final component of medical. This is crazy.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
I contacted MP and has made a not on the file. everything passed. still waiting my daughter's medical (final component) it being one an half months stuck on final component of medical. This is crazy.
Yes, it's ridiculous that medicals, especially for ASD children, take so long for PR. For SP, we only needed to wait 2 weeks. I wonder why that is. We didn't even need to submit additional documents. I almost did, to try and speed things up but turns out I didn't need to.

JennyEnas

Feb 14, 2022
UPDATE... BIG UPDATE !!!

Earlier today, I logged in to my account to see our medicals have been passed, and an hour back, I received the 'Ready for Visa' email.

Its finally happening !!
Hello VinothAJ, did you upload the e-medical slip you were given by the panel physician via webform or to an email address? May I have the email address please?

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hello VinothAJ, did you upload the e-medical slip you were given by the panel physician via webform or to an email address? May I have the email address please?
Hey, I just uploaded the eMedical slip via webform. Didn't have to email to any ID.