+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

Niki_S

Aug 31, 2020
How long did it took the Medical review?
We submitted copies of both the documents to the doctor where we did the Medical Exam on December 4 2020. On 9th December 2020 the file was transferred to CAMU. And we got Medical pass on 24th August 2021 - almost 8 months.

Reactions: smm_0411

tully

Oct 5, 2020
Just while ago I contacted IRCC and they didn't give me the update. They have been stopped that until further notice. So very disappointed and fed up with Canadao_O

Reactions: lllsouzap

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Just while ago I contacted IRCC and they didn't give me the update. They have been stopped that until further notice. So very disappointed and fed up with Canadao_O
They are prioritizing Afghan applicants

Reactions: tully

HowZat

Aug 7, 2021
Yes they are. I see some CEC April applicants are getting their PR. I don't understand for sure whats's going on. Nothing can do other than waiting.
Do you have any idea from other sources that how much time will take to clear Medical for our kids?

Divagar06

Nov 25, 2020
Either we should forget that we submitted the application or we should look for alternative options other than Canada :) . I stopped calling IRCC for past 2 months and visiting the forums to reduce my anxiety. Ours is AOR Feb 2020, going to complete 600 days in another 15 days but still my kid medical is not approved due to Autism. GCMS note says M5 excessive demand even though Government removed Autism from excessive demand in 2018. No escalation process, nobody will share the status. Hope to see some update after election.

tully

Oct 5, 2020
Either we should forget that we submitted the application or we should look for alternative options other than Canada :) . I stopped calling IRCC for past 2 months and visiting the forums to reduce my anxiety. Ours is AOR Feb 2020, going to complete 600 days in another 15 days but still my kid medical is not approved due to Autism. GCMS note says M5 excessive demand even though Government removed Autism from excessive demand in 2018. No escalation process, nobody will share the status. Hope to see some update after election.
Oh such a long time. Are you a paper based PNP applicant? You can see many applicants on the forum got PR within one year or nine months except a few applicants. I'm wondering why such a long time. So you applied through a consultant?

Mine just being 5 months and don't know what's going on. As per July 2021 call criminality passed and three of us medical passed but my older daughter's who has autism no clue.

On the forum one PNP paper based applicant got PR after two years, so don't give up.

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I can feel you, my application is almost 5 months under EE-CEC. Same with @tully, three of us had medical passed while my youngest who's on spectrum is still pending for review as per GCMS. Hopefully that something will happen after the Afghan priorities and election. By the way, Australia has more stricter rules about Autism to migrate.

VinothAJ

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Hi Divagar,

Are you outland? If so, the only reason I can think of is your AOR aligns with the time they literally brought everything to a standstill. Nevertheless, ASD should not be listed as an excessive demand but I guess thats probably a 'standard phrase' they use to designate ASD applications. We're kinda in the same boat.. AOR Dec'20. Eligibility and Criminality done, our medicals are still pending! I even probed if there are any notes related to my daughter's file but the only update I got is "Its in progress".

Hopefully we'll see some actual progress later this year.

Last edited:

Divagar06

Nov 25, 2020
Hi Divagar,

Are you outland? If so, the only reason I can think of is your AOR aligns with the time they literally brought everything to a standstill. Nevertheless, ASD should not be listed as an excessive demand but I guess thats probably a 'standard phrase' they use to designate ASD applications. We're kinda in the same boat.. AOR Dec'20. Eligibility and Criminality done, our medicals are still pending! I even probed if there are any notes related to my daughter's file but the only update I got is "Its in progress".

Hopefully we'll see some actual progress later this year.
Thanks everyone...
Inland only. Yes, I know it is not under excessive demand but that is what it is showing in my past 2 GCMS. Please don't loose hope because of my profile delay :) as we see lot of people getting in around 9 to 12 months.. Good luck for all..

RP11

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Hello All,

Just thought this post will help someone. I'm In-Land CEC applicant.

Application AOR was 26th Feb, as part of Medicals, submitted my kid ASD diagnosis report only. No School report or any other report is shared nor IRCC asked for it.

Medical approved on Sept 10th including Kid.
Criminality/Security/Background Check - Sept 16th
Portal Mail for PR confirmation on Sep 16th
Received eCOPR on Sept 18th..

I know it takes quite a while and there is no specific pattern which we can predict when an application will be approved. It may or may be get delayed, but it will get approved for sure. Just wait for your time.

All the very best for each one of you !

Thanks