+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello @rajkamalmohanram , I will like to ask , is it okey if I use my PSW certificate as language evidence or I use my university transcript, even though I only did one semester in that university as I am transferring to another university in the fall . Your reply will be appreciated.
Not sure. Answer the questions here and find out.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html

Coolblacky

Sep 14, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
24 Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
15 Nov 2016
Nomination.....
15 Dec 2016
AOR Received.
3 June 2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
23 June 2017
Med's Request
6 Sep 2017
Med's Done....
8 Sep 2017 & Passed on 14 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
12 July 2018
VISA ISSUED...
25 july 2018
LANDED..........
16 Aug 2018
Thanks for the Clarification QueenPeaches!

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
Hello,

did your wife used her health care certificate for the language evidence! ? Your reply will be appreciated
Hello,

did your wife used her health care certificate for the language evidence! ? Your reply will be appreciated
Yes,, she used that certificate for English documents. We are waiting for oaths now.

ramgop

Jun 9, 2021
Hi Need your advice. We submitted our application for family of 4 members on 17th October, 2021. Today we received our application back it states application for 3 persons are complete and for one minor applicant identification document is missing. For all the other 3 persons it states very clearly to resubmit the package as it is. When we are resubmitting the application for minor do we need to generate new application ? Because in the letter it says if you choose to resubmit a complete application for a grant of citizenship, make sure you include completed application form submitted on a version of the application form dated oct 2017 or later as indicated in the lower left corner of the the form, all required documents based on the document check list and proof of payment. My question is our application version is Oct 2020, can we resubmit the same application along with identification documents?

We have to again wait another 3 months for getting AOR ?

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance

Maple111

Jul 13, 2017
Hello Everyone

By the middle of this year, I will have completed my straight and uninterrupted 3 years stay here in Canada. My question is, when is the earliest time that I can submit my citizenship application? Do I have to wait and finish the 5 years before I can submit my application?

Appreciate very much your answers.

Last edited:

Shore1

May 23, 2021
Hello Everyone

By the middle of this year, I will have completed my straight and uninterrupted 3 years stay here in Canada. My question is, when is the earliest time that I can submit my citizenship application? Do I have to wait and finish the 5 years before I can submit my application?

Appreciate very much your answers.
You can apply as soon as you have completed your 3 years but it is advisable to have at least have a couple of extra weeks to be on the safe side.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
My question is our application version is Oct 2020, can we resubmit the same application along with identification documents?

We have to again wait another 3 months for getting AOR ?

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance
I think you're supposed to send the most up to date form, so if that is the Oct 2020 form then you can resubmit. If there is an updated form that has been released then they ask you to submit the latest one.

Unfortunately, yes, you will have to wait another 3 months for AOR. That's why it is crucial to double, triple and then check your application again that nothing is missing on the forms nor in the supporting documents.

Reactions: ramgop

ramgop

Jun 9, 2021
Hi Thank you very much for clarifying the form confusion. I have another question. My minor son's passport is expiring on 26th Feb 2022. If I resubmit our application, by the time they pick up our application ( after 3 months), his passport would be expired. Will they return our application again ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi Thank you very much for clarifying the form confusion. I have another question. My minor son's passport is expiring on 26th Feb 2022. If I resubmit our application, by the time they pick up our application ( after 3 months), his passport would be expired. Will they return our application again ?
No, they will not return your application.

Passport expiration is a common question on the forum. Search for it, I believe it should be perfectly fine if his passport expires during the application processing phase. You don't even need to inform IRCC about that. That's what I remember from reading up on it.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Amit_gupta143143

Star Member
May 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
I am planning to apply for my citizenship as I just became eligible. I am single applicant. I am confused if I should apply online or on paper.

if you guys can share advantages/disadvantages please, that will be very helpful.

Thanks

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
3. Filing income taxes in Canada

Here it comes – something that no one escapes!
  • You must have filed at least 3 tax returns in the last 5 years from the date you sign your citizenship application. Exceptions apply for very few people.
  • The large majority of us WILL NOT be exempt from this.
I believe this assertion is not entirely correct. Here is the wording directly from Govt. of Canada's website:

You may need to file taxes in Canada for at least 3 years during the 5 years right before the date you apply.

mayple

Star Member
Dec 30, 2017
Thank you @rajkamalmohanram.
One of my other friends who landed in Mar 2018, she would complete 3-years on Mar-2021 but she would have filed only 2-years of Tax by then, till when would she need to wait for being eligible for Citizenship? Till May-2021 I guess or?
Thanks in advance.
I do not believe that your friend will need to wait to file for citizenship application. Filing of taxation, if required, is the requirement. Typically they'd like to see you file for each of the 3 years (out of 5), but if you did not have to file a tax return for 3 out of the 5 years, there is no reason that you cannot apply for citizenship with 2 years of tax returns.

mohsen.sajadi

Jan 19, 2022
hello everyone,
I have issue with the tax year in Q#12 in cit 0002 form, it is not possible to type anything in the tax year field,
have you ever had this experience, and I appreciate your solutions.

thanks