+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

blueberries2022

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I am completing the citizenship application online. For the following question:
"Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status, and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status"

I have the following two questions:
1. I traveled to several countries on visas. For the "date you obtained each status" and "end date", do I need to provide:
  • dates for which each visa was valid (for instance 5 years) OR
  • exact dates during which I visited a country (10 days) although the visa is valid for 5 years
2. Do I only need to provide information about immigration status for:
  • the 5-year eligibility period only OR
  • for my entire life?
Do I need to provide scans of visas and entry/exit stamps as well?

It'll be super helpful if you can clarify and reconfirm :)

blueberries2022

Jan 6, 2022
Thank you!
For the purpose of Q13, you can club it into a single entry IMO.

For question 13, "Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status, and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)" for Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD) and end date, do we need to provide dates for which each visa was valid (student, visitor etc.) or dates during which we were in another country?

sanarya

Aug 9, 2019
Hi everyone
For minors birth certificate if I don’t have birth certificate can I provide pr card or ,proof of landing ,national id instead of birth certificate
Thanks in advance

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello,

Im a canadian PR in process of filling out citizenship application. I also applied foor Green Card in USA through consular processing. I have not yet been granted Green card and the process may take 1.5 years.

for the question >> "Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status, and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)"

In my case can anyone suggest what should i answer for the above question as i don't yet have a PR status in GC. May or may not get the GC during citizenship processing.

Please, advice.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

Im a canadian PR in process of filling out citizenship application. I also applied foor Green Card in USA through consular processing. I have not yet been granted Green card and the process may take 1.5 years.

for the question >> "Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status, and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)"

In my case can anyone suggest what should i answer for the above question as i don't yet have a PR status in GC. May or may not get the GC during citizenship processing.

Please, advice.
You should answer no if you haven't yet been issued Permanent Residence in the US.

BogusApplicant

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Do we need to include Work Visas that were not used? My company processed an employment visa for a South east asian country, which I did not eventually use. Do we have to mention in "History of immigration and citizenship status"?
Honestly I cannot even find a copy of this old work permit from 2015.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Do we need to include Work Visas that were not used? My company processed an employment visa for a South east asian country, which I did not eventually use. Do we have to mention in "History of immigration and citizenship status"?
Honestly I cannot even find a copy of this old work permit from 2015.
No, if you never went to that country, there is no need to mention that.

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
Hello Senior Members,

I'm in the process of closing out our application ( 4 applicants ) and I had a couple of questions :

1. Signing of forms - Are we only required to sign the main application form for each applicant? Or do we need to also sign the online calculator + the document checklist.

2. For children (aged 11 and 8) is there any requirement to submit records from the school? For their 2 Identity proof docs, was planning to submit (a) Passport (b) OHIP

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Coolblacky

Sep 14, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
24 Oct 2016
Doc's Request.
15 Nov 2016
Nomination.....
15 Dec 2016
AOR Received.
3 June 2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
23 June 2017
Med's Request
6 Sep 2017
Med's Done....
8 Sep 2017 & Passed on 14 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
12 July 2018
VISA ISSUED...
25 july 2018
LANDED..........
16 Aug 2018
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of submitting Canadian Citizenship application form for all my family members( 4Nos), I have couple of questions

1. I have to submit the photocopy of all the pages of passport including visa stamped pages, exit and entry pages, blank pages too or only front and back pages of the passport is enough, please anyone clarify this.

2. In Minor application form both the parents should sign at the end of the application form or anyone should sign, please clarify this too.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of submitting Canadian Citizenship application form for all my family members( 4Nos), I have couple of questions

1. I have to submit the photocopy of all the pages of passport including visa stamped pages, exit and entry pages, blank pages too or only front and back pages of the passport is enough, please anyone clarify this.
Are you referring to this? Seems like they only need the bio page for the application, not all the pages with visas stamped. Copied below from the online application.

List all of your travel documents or passports covering your 5-year eligibility period.

• If there are any gaps between documents, provide an explanation.
  • You will be asked to show us the original documents during the processing of your application.

Do you have the bio page?

Yes
No

The bio page(s) has your information (for example, name, photo and date of birth).
  • If your document has more than 1 bio page, upload them all as 1 file.

Reactions: Coolblacky

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to create login for online application for citizenship, however from many days I am receiving the same message
"Our system is down. Try again later."
Anyone has any idea about this issue and what can I do?

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
@rajkamalmohanram Hi,

On old tracker ecas it shows only we have sent you AOR and discovery Canada book but on new tracker it shows in progress . Does it has to show in process on old tracker then it will be considered as the application is in process or when the new trackers shows all in progress that's enough?

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

Yes, you have to send ALL pages of ALL passports used during the 5-year eligibility period, whether expired or not. This is a new requirement that came into effect in June 2021. If you don’t send it, they will return your application.

2. In Minor application form both the parents should sign at the end of the application form or anyone should sign, please clarify this too.
Just one parent should sign. Usually it would be the parent applying together with the minor, but since all of you are applying together, it can be any parent.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Coolblacky

veerapan89

Apr 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have the following status update from Immigration Canada in my online account regarding my Citizenship application:

"You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on XXX
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:

• how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present"
It's been 4 months since I've received this status update, but I haven't gotten any instructions either in my email or my mail. To those who have gone through this part of the process already, how many days/weeks/months before your citizenship ceremony did you receive your instructions?

Thank you in advance!