+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

lyluk

Dec 21, 2014
Question about Fee Receipt:

I am sending the application for each member of the family in one envelope. I understand each needs their own checklist but how about the fee receipt? - I paid for everyone in 1 go. I'm attaching it to my application, do I need to attach a copy as well to each application?
If I don't need to attach a copy to each, do I leave the box unchecked or checked for the other 3 on their checklist?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I am sending the application for each member of the family in one envelope. I understand each needs their own checklist but how about the fee receipt? - I paid for everyone in 1 go. I'm attaching it to my application, do I need to attach a copy as well to each application?
If I don't need to attach a copy to each, do I leave the box unchecked or checked for the other 3 on their checklist?
To be on the safer side, attach it with each application and check the "Fee" box.

Reactions: lyluk

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

I would go with the suggestion what @rajkamalmohanram mentioned.
I also attached the fee receipt with each application for a family of 4. I used one envelope for it as well.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi!

Great informative post! Thank you!
Just a question, I see in Part 4, it says:
  • NOTE 1: You CANNOT SUBMIT PR CARD AS AN IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT.
Just want to understand why?

Thanks.
No the PR card can be included for adult applications but not for minors application
For Kids - Health Card and Passport Copy(Bio pages) (PR Card is not allowed): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html

Adults you are ok with Health and PR Card (Alternately you can also choose Drivers License or Passport Copy(Bio Pages))

yazan142

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with application
Interview........
waived
Hi all, hopefully someone who applied can provide some guidance, from what I read in the forum I need to list all my tourist/visitor travels since birth for question 13 in citizenship application form CIT 0002, I have two questions about this:

1- Do I include countries that didn’t require a visa to visit?

2- If I acquired a visa and didn’t travel that country, do I need to list as its an immigration status or not?

Many thanks

vbadry

Jan 13, 2019
Team ,

one question on my case for filing for citizenship .

i had a visit Visa to USA , but it is in my older passport (outside the eligibility timeframe) .
i listed the visa there as a proper one that i was holding ,but do i need to send in a copy of that passport , visa and all the pages . Note that it is in an older passport outside the eligibility timeframe.

Another question as well - My wife works from home for a US company .. for the company address - from the forums i understand that they need the physical address of working .. is it ok to put the home address ?

regards
Badry

vbadry

Jan 13, 2019
Hi all, hopefully someone who applied can provide some guidance, from what I read in the forum I need to list all my tourist/visitor travels since birth for question 13 in citizenship application form CIT 0002, I have two questions about this:

1- Do I include countries that didn’t require a visa to visit?

2- If I acquired a visa and didn’t travel that country, do I need to list as its an immigration status or not?

Many thanks

Is this since birth ? or is there a timelimit to this question - meaning say last 10 years ?

Khanbravewarrior

Nov 18, 2021
Thanks for such a wonderful post. i have a question. For citizenship do i need to provide a UAE police clearance again as i already did when i was residing there for PR. Also during the last 1 year of my residence in UAE i was always back and forth every few weeks between uae and my home country which means i never got to spend 183 days in row in either.
Kindly confirm if i still require a PCC from UAE.
Thanks

rtsuisse

Mar 17, 2017
You don't have to wait IMO. As long as you 'filed' the return (whether it had a mistake in it or not is irrelevant IMO), you should be good to go.
thanks Raj! I also have a (very) small business which is operational on the side. It is incorporated so a separate entity, and the taxes for this incorporation are not filed, and assessed. Will I need to get that done before I send my citizenship application? Please note that I have filed my personal income taxes for the past 4 years.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
thanks Raj! I also have a (very) small business which is operational on the side. It is incorporated so a separate entity, and the taxes for this incorporation are not filed, and assessed. Will I need to get that done before I send my citizenship application? Please note that I have filed my personal income taxes for the past 4 years.
AFAIK, they are looking for personal income tax returns, not that of your business. So, I think you should be fine but if you are required to file tax returns for your business according to the rules, it might be best to get it done. But I don't think it has any effect on your citizenship application.

yazan142

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
Included with application
Interview........
waived
Is this since birth ? or is there a timelimit to this question - meaning say last 10 years ?
I checked with IRCC, its since birth

Ahv

Mar 13, 2016
Thanks for a wonderful post, very helpful.
One question about employment details for last 5 years.
My wife worked on & off in 2017 with three different consultancy for 5 months period of Jan to May 2017.
She don't have exact dates or duration. There was gap as well in those 5 months. I have T4 from all three consultancy.
Please guide me how to put this in form.

Thanks in advance!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for a wonderful post, very helpful.
One question about employment details for last 5 years.
My wife worked on & off in 2017 with three different consultancy for 5 months period of Jan to May 2017.
She don't have exact dates or duration. There was gap as well in those 5 months. I have T4 from all three consultancy.
Please guide me how to put this in form.

Thanks in advance!
If you can't provide accurate dates, then provide approximate ones. All jobs, periods of unemployment, periods as a homemaker etc should be mentioned.

Reactions: Ahv