+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I wanted to ask that does Canadian passport writes spouse name in the information that is printed in passport. There is no name change and I am also mentioning that I am married.
You'll provide the same name as on other immigration documents (COPR / PR card) and your ID documents like Driver's license, health card and the same name will be printed on the passport.

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
TAX

Question 12

Taxes filed (Yes) in all the five years.

Little bit confused in Required to file tax! Will it be YES or NO?

Please anybody elaborate it?

Thanks,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TAX

Question 12

Please anybody elaborate it?

Thanks,
If you filed taxes for all 5 years and you don't know if you were required to file, then it might be safer to say "Yes" to "Required to file" for all 5 years.

If you had any kind of income or if you received any government benefits, then assume you were "required" to file for that year.

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
If you filed taxes for all 5 years and you don't know if you were required to file, then it might be safer to say "Yes" to "Required to file" for all 5 years.

If you had any kind of income or if you received any government benefits, then assume you were "required" to file for that year.
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Actually I have landed in last week of Dec 2016, I had not any Canadian income in that year, but I filed tax for year 2016. So in this situation should I go with NO?

Rest of the years I had Canadian income and I Filed taxes that would YES to Required to file?

Am I correct?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Actually I have landed in last week of Dec 2016, I had not any Canadian income in that year, but I filed tax for year 2016. So in this situation should I go with NO?

Rest of the years I had Canadian income and I Filed taxes that would YES to Required to file?

Am I correct?
Only CRA can tell you IF you were required to file or not. I won't suggest answering "No" because I don't know your complete situation and I'm not a tax expert. Its up to you want you want to answer.

The information in my previous post was general information about who would likely have to file tax returns. If you want to know for sure, you can call CRA and ask them.

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
Question 12

I have landed in last week of Dec 2016, I had not any Canadian income in that year, but I filed tax for year 2016. So in this situation should I go with NO?

Am I correct?

Anybody else in this situation?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Question 12

I have landed in last week of Dec 2016, I had not any Canadian income in that year, but I filed tax for year 2016. So in this situation should I go with NO?

Am I correct?

Anybody else in this situation?
If you have online CRA account check the information there.
In my wife’s case she landed in mid 2017, she was unemployed until Apr 2018.
Although she was not required (no T4) to file taxes but she filed the taxes (NoA was provided by CRA for 2017). This info is captured in the CRA individual account account of her

Last edited:

monali3010

Aug 24, 2021
You'll provide the same name as on other immigration documents (COPR / PR card) and your ID documents like Driver's license, health card and the same name will be printed on the passport.
Thanks for responding but also wanted to know that does Canadian passport has spouse name written in it. Like how we get name,sex,dob, and everything else mentioned!.!.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for responding but also wanted to know that does Canadian passport has spouse name written in it. Like how we get name,sex,dob, and everything else mentioned!.!.
Check the Canadian Passport General Application form. It doesn't ask for spouse name so spouse name won't be printed on the passport. However, Your passport will contain the following :

First Name and Last name
Nationality
City and country of birth
Date of birth
Sex
Passport Issue Date
Passport Expiry Date
Place of Issue

I don't think passport will show your middle name anyway but I'm not 100% sure. Someone who has a middle name and applied for a passport can confirm this.

Aug 25, 2021
Hello,

Me and my wife applied in June 2021 (signed June 9th). They returned our application stating that she does not have enough days to fulfil the physical presence requirement. However we calculated properly taking into account that she has been in Canada as a visitor on and off (staying 6 months and then leaving for 2-3 months then coming back - this is all noted in the passport with stamps and those pages were submitted, she also has plain tickets) from Sept 2016 until Jan 2018 (received her Work Permit then), again the calculation seems correct for me.
The question that I have is can I send my application separate now (just for myself as it seems that my wife would need to wait a bit more) as mine is fine in terms of presence and all other required documents?

Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,

Me and my wife applied in June 2021 (signed June 9th). They returned our application stating that she does not have enough days to fulfil the physical presence requirement. However we calculated properly taking into account that she has been in Canada as a visitor on and off (staying 6 months and then leaving for 2-3 months then coming back - this is all noted in the passport with stamps and those pages were submitted, she also has plain tickets) from Sept 2016 until Jan 2018 (received her Work Permit then), again the calculation seems correct for me.
The question that I have is can I send my application separate now (just for myself as it seems that my wife would need to wait a bit more) as mine is fine in terms of presence and all other required documents?

Thank you!
Yes, you can do that, I don't see why that would be a problem.

Mariee

Aug 11, 2021
Hello does anyone here recently take the oath of citizenship..Mine was all completed and decision made since July 13/21 except for the oath that is still "not started" ive done my test on may 28 its been almost 3 months since then but havent any new update yet..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello does anyone here recently take the oath of citizenship..Mine was all completed and decision made since July 13/21 except for the oath that is still "not started" ive done my test on may 28 its been almost 3 months since then but havent any new update yet..
Unfortunately, there isn't a standard timeline for oath. If you have "Decision Made" status, it means that the application is approved and you are in line for oath.

Hope you get it soon!

All the best!

Reactions: Troy2245