+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Perhaps I am overthinking this. The Instruction reads .

Make sure you

• sign the application form
  • date the form the day you sign it (don’t use a date in the past or future)

I validated and printed the forms on 1st Aug, with the date of 9th Aug. I will physically submit the paper application to Canada Post on 9th Aug. I assume thats ok, Or did everyone else validated and printed ON THE day mentioned in the application?
Huh, that's weird. You shouldn't be able to validate the application form if you enter a future date (I recall reading the case of at least one applicant trying this but wasn't able to validate successfully). How did you manage to validate the form with a future date?

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Huh, that's weird. You shouldn't be able to validate the application form if you enter a future date (I recall reading the case of at least one applicant trying this but wasn't able to validate successfully). How did you manage to validate the form with a future date?
Strange. Simply put the date of 9th Aug from the drop down, and hit validate. It gave a popup to the tune of "Validated successfully" generate 2 pages of barcode at the end of the application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Strange. Simply put the date of 9th Aug from the drop down, and hit validate. It gave a popup to the tune of "Validated successfully" generate 2 pages of barcode at the end of the application.
Okay, so if it was indeed validated successfully, you shouldn't have issues IMO.

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
Okay, so if it was indeed validated successfully, you shouldn't have issues IMO.
Thanks, from your response I am inferring that majority of, if not all, the applicants validated and printed out the form ON THE day mentioned in the application. I should be able to download new form, fill up, validate, print and sign on 9th Aug. Minor inconvenience, but I'll see what other members respond with.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Canada_dream_2016

Jan 6, 2016
Well, if it were a work visa, then I would send that information, yes. I had a US visit visa and I did not include it in Q13 because at the time (September 2020) - neither the application form nor the instruction guide mentioned anything about visitor visas but declaring work visas was mandatory at the time AFAIK.

So, go ahead and send that information via webform. Apologize for forgetting to mention this information and politely request them to add this detail to your file.

Also, you can join the discussion in the September 2020 thread =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/
Thanks for quick reply.

Any idea how long does it take to get the updated information included in application/file once webform is submitted? Will I get any notification that my file has been updated?

I am guessing, worst case scenario, officer might want to have an interview and wouldn't refuse the application...Any thoughts?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for quick reply.

Any idea how long does it take to get the updated information included in application/file once webform is submitted? Will I get any notification that my file has been updated?

I am guessing, worst case scenario, officer might want to have an interview and wouldn't refuse the application...Any thoughts?
It could take anywhere between 5 business days to about 2 weeks. You will receive a response to your webform request.

Well, submit the information now. IMO, in this particular case, the worst outcome might be the officer asking for more information or interview. Submitting this information as soon as you realize your mistake will work in your favor IMO.

Canada_dream_2016

Jan 6, 2016
It could take anywhere between 5 business days to about 2 weeks. You will receive a response to your webform request.

Well, submit the information now. IMO, in this particular case, the worst outcome might be the officer asking for more information or interview. Submitting this information as soon as you realize your mistake will work in your favor IMO.
Thank you for your quick reply and providing a clear insight.

I will go ahead and submit the information right away. Just preparing the updated information for Q13 ONLY in a tabular format within a MS-word document, along with Applicant information (Name, UCI, App id etc.) and planning to upload the word document in the webform with a suitable note.

Would that suffice?

Canada_dream_2016

Jan 6, 2016

Also, is this the correct link for Webform?

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for your quick reply and providing a clear insight.

I will go ahead and submit the information right away. Just preparing the updated information for Q13 ONLY in a tabular format within a MS-word document, along with Applicant information (Name, UCI, App id etc.) and planning to upload the word document in the webform with a suitable note.

Would that suffice?
Yes to both.

Reactions: Canada_dream_2016

Canada_dream_2016

Jan 6, 2016
Yes to both.
Another question - I was also asked to send scanned copy of passport (all pages).

Email body mentioned "Do Not change the subject line" but the instruction in the PDF attachment mentioned "Change the subject line to your application number and last name."

I followed email body instruction and replied to the email without changing anything in the subject line and attached the scanned copy of passport.

From your experience, is that ok or do I need to send out another mail by changing the subject line?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Another question - I was also asked to send scanned copy of passport (all pages).

Email body mentioned "Do Not change the subject line" but the instruction in the PDF attachment mentioned "Change the subject line to your application number and last name."

I followed email body instruction and replied to the email without changing anything in the subject line and attached the scanned copy of passport.

From your experience, is that ok or do I need to send out another mail by changing the subject line?
If the subject line contained your application number, you didn't have to change the subject line. I went with the instruction in the email body as well.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
For Adult forms it does not create an issue.

But if one is filling up minor's form, first it does not allow to save the form with an advance date. Second even if someone without saving tries e.g. to print the form it prompts them to validate it (which as I mentioned above will be in the current date)

Reactions: Kuchbhi

kian1379

Aug 7, 2021
Hi everybody,
Is anyone knows that if I have to certify all pages of the passport or only certifing the translated pages would be enough?
Thanks

Kuchbhi

Jul 16, 2017
For Adult forms it does not create an issue.

But if one is filling up minor's form, first it does not allow to save the form with an advance date. Second even if someone without saving tries e.g. to print the form it prompts them to validate it (which as I mentioned above will be in the current date)
Thanks, yeah so after some deliberation and inputs from you and Raj, I have decided to submit my current application as the validation was successful. If they return it then I'll do the fresh forms.