+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So that means if I printed that page . I can fill it by hand writing?
Or fill it on PDF print it then erase and fill it again ?
@rajkamalmohanram
Either is fine but to be consistent, fill in the details and then print the page.

Well, you don't have to print it, erase it, fill it and print it again. Fill your regular application form and print all the pages. Open a blank form and fill only the question where you need extra lines and then print only that page. Simple enough.

Reactions: Momo2010

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
On question 13… I mentioned my country of nationality. Do I have to mention also any country I had temporary resident status in as a worker? And do I have to mention my schengen visa trips to Europe as a visitor?
because in the status there are options for worker and visitor ..
Please advise @rajkamalmohanram
Yes. Since you also have a 'Visitor' option in the dropdown, mention all the visas/status you hold INCLUDING the visitor visas.

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
1.Do you think we still have to mention trips or status during childhood at 4 or 5 years old with family ?
One more thing….
2.And what if I got visitor visa but didn’t use it to travel , do I have to mention it?
3.for visitor visa do I mention date of visa and it’s expiry or date of entry and departure?thank you@rajkamalmohanram

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
1.Do you think we still have to mention trips or status during childhood at 4 or 5 years old with family ?

The question is if you have EVER held status in any country. If you remember all the statuses since childhood, then mention them.

One more thing….
2.And what if I got visitor visa but didn’t use it to travel , do I have to mention it?

Yes, mention it.

3.for visitor visa do I mention date of visa and it’s expiry or date of entry and departure?thank you@rajkamalmohanram

The visa issue and expiry dates.

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Either is fine but to be consistent, fill in the details and then print the page.

Well, you don't have to print it, erase it, fill it and print it again. Fill your regular application form and print all the pages. Open a blank form and fill only the question where you need extra lines and then print only that page. Simple enough.
But by doing that I won’t be able to validate the form … is that still ok ?
@rajkamalmohanram

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Hello,
Anyone applied for citizenship with a minor.
In minor application question 8b , has the minor been outside Canada for a total of 730 days in past 5 years or since becoming a pr?

My son became a pr when he was 2 years and 4 months old which means he spent more than 730 days outside Canada since birth before coming as pr. But since he came Canada as pr he never left .

Should I answer YES OR NO ?
Thanks
@rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
But by doing that I won’t be able to validate the form … is that still ok ?
@rajkamalmohanram
I think I've stated this twice already. The first form, fill it out completely, validate it, print it.

Open a BLANK (new form) after that, fill ONLY the page where you need to add more information, print ONLY THAT PAGE. For that extra bit of information in that single extra page, you don't have to validate it.

• Haha
Reactions: GuyanaGirl

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,
Anyone applied for citizenship with a minor.
In minor application question 8b , has the minor been outside Canada for a total of 730 days in past 5 years or since becoming a pr?

My son became a pr when he was 2 years and 4 months old which means he spent more than 730 days outside Canada since birth before coming as pr. But since he came Canada as pr he never left .

Should I answer YES OR NO ?
Thanks
@rajkamalmohanram
Read this.

Consider the event which ever happened most recently. Did your son become a PR within the last 5 years? If yes, you'll be answering NO to that question. Otherwise, Yes.

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Thank You @rajkamalmohanram for your help. I tried putting N/A in unused spaces . But application cannot be validated with entering N/A . Should I hand write it N/A . Or just leave these spaces blank ? What do you think?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
On question 13… I mentioned my country of nationality. Do I have to mention also any country I had temporary resident status in as a worker? And do I have to mention my schengen visa trips to Europe as a visitor?
because in the status there are options for worker and visitor ..
Please advise @rajkamalmohanram

This is another irritating confusion from IRCC. The drop-down menu of the application form does have "Visitor" listed as an "immigration status.

However, in the application Guide, they did not mention visitor as an immigration status: "Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen)."

Pay attention to the way they listed those statuses. They did not preface it with "for example"; so that means this is meant to be an exhaustive list.

I suspect that by including "visitor" in the drop-down menu, they have in their mind mind the kind of visitor visa that allows you to remain for a significant amount of time in the country. For example, Singapore has this status called "Long-Term Visit Pass", which is essentially a type of dependent visa.

I really think it is silly if they expect us to list the regular visit visa here. But who knows?!

Once again, another irritating confusion from IRCC.

Reactions: GuyanaGirl

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Any thought on how large the images on printouts should be? e.g. with the new requirement of including a photocopy of all pages in your passport(s), this can lead to a lot of pages to include in a paper-application. Is it okay to combine multiple pages on one sheet of paper, provided text remains legible?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Any thought on how large the images on printouts should be? e.g. with the new requirement of including a photocopy of all pages in your passport(s), this can lead to a lot of pages to include in a paper-application. Is it okay to combine multiple pages on one sheet of paper, provided text remains legible?
That’s not a bad idea at all. Only my opinion, I think they shouldn’t be far off from actual size and can safely be combined, but I would put the biopage on its own page.

Pretty sure I’ve also combined passport spreads back for my paper based OINP application. I think the IRCC officer would also appreciate it as it’s less time having to go through pages.

Only thing I would not do is print back to back. Again, just my opinion.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
That’s not a bad idea at all. Only my opinion, I think they shouldn’t be far off from actual size and can safely be combined, but I would put the biopage on its own page.

Pretty sure I’ve also combined passport spreads back for my paper based OINP application. I think the IRCC officer would also appreciate it as it’s less time having to go through pages.

Only thing I would not do is print back to back. Again, just my opinion.
Thanks and yes, I figure you can't mix different types of documents on the same sheet of paper because they may be needed by different people / be reviewed in a different part of the process. So I'm planning to resize the copies of my passport pages and put them together on 1-2 sheets, because between my 2 passports I have quite a few pages with stamps / visas (about 20-30 pages to include).

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
So we need to send "Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period" along with the application. I took it light and printed only biographical, stamps and visa pages.
Please confirm all empty pages of the passport (s) should also be printed and attached to the application.
Is this an old requirement or a new one?