+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi All,
I just submitted now my online application and found an IRCC automated email in my spam that came yesterday. Did anyone get such email and does it seem legitimate?
--------------------------------
We noticed a suspicious sign-in to your online citizenship application with this information
If this was not you, tell us here and change your password.

If this was you, tell us here.

Thank you,

Immigration, Citizenship and Refugees Canada

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
According to the instruction guide:

Question 19
Signatures

The person applying on behalf of the minor (i.e. the person who checked question 1 stating that they have custody of the minor, or are empowered to act on behalf of the minor by virtue of a court order or written agreement or by operation of law) must sign the application. Please sign the application form with the signature you currently use on other official documents.

Minor applicants between the ages of 14 and 17 years of age must also sign the application.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0403-citizenship-minors-subsection-5-1.html#step4
Thanks, means no harm for signing 9 years Minor as well.

I am also planning to sign the application by 9 years Minor.

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Hi Everyone, can anyone please advise on this query.

I am soon filing my online citizenship application and wanted some input on this explanation.

I made a flag poling trip (I was already in Canada as a PR) for my then girl friend (current wife) in 2018 in order to activate her work visa from a tourist visa. We did that successfully. We weren't handed any refusal slip by the US side and my passport wasn't stamped by the CBSA upon re-entry. Her work permit was activated. Will just a simple explanation would suffice for this situation since I don't have any documents to show. I have drafted the below simple explanation that i'm planning to attach with the application.

"US Border Landing after becoming Permanent Resident: I went to US Border (Thousand Islands Bridge Border Crossing) with my then girlfriend (Current wife), named XYZ, for her flag poling in order to activate her Work permit from a tourist visa in Canada. My passport was not stamped by the CBSA upon re-entering Canada."

Any input is greatly appreciated.

P.S: We are both PR now but only i'm eligible to file for the citizenship.

beebop

Mar 4, 2021
@rajkamalmohanram

Sir,
This may be a silly question, but it would great if you could guide me for Question 10 a) and Question 11.

For 10 a)
The dates need to be continuous.. which situation would be applicable?

To: 03-05-2019 to Present

OR

For Question 11
Would the overlapping of months be acceptable or I have to follow the sequence of months?
My previous employment, I had to relocate to another city in the middle of the month July 18, 2018.
- Do I put 2 Employment entries for July, First Employment entry, ending in July 2018 and second employment starting in July 2018 (new location / address)
OR
- Do I put first entry as July 2018 and Second Entry for the same employment but starting at August 2018 (New location)
- Similarly, in May 2018, I was Unemployed, but changed residences during that month? Would the same thing be applicable here.

Under this situation, do we mention overlapping months or just mention the next month? which would be the correct way to fill the information?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hey guys,

For all the online applicants who submitted in January and Feb 2021, did you contact IRCC to ask about AOR?
I see none of them got AOR this year. Matter of concern for the new process?

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
No surname in passport and no first name in COPR

I had just Given Name (John Doe) in my passport and when I became Permanent Resident my COPY had just one name in last name. Now Do I need to mention my name in the question #5?

I was thinking to put my full name under First Name section in Question #5 as that is what I have in my passport (only given name - John Doe and no surname) and put that under Name at Birth category. Is this right or Shall I not mention any names in Question #5 as it is just optional.

Also if anyone else has faced this issue before where they just have Given Name in their passport and have filed for the citizenship. Please help.

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
@rajkamalmohanram

Sir,
This may be a silly question, but it would great if you could guide me for Question 10 a) and Question 11.

For 10 a)
The dates need to be continuous.. which situation would be applicable?

OR

For Question 11
Would the overlapping of months be acceptable or I have to follow the sequence of months?
My previous employment, I had to relocate to another city in the middle of the month July 18, 2018.
- Do I put 2 Employment entries for July, First Employment entry, ending in July 2018 and second employment starting in July 2018 (new location / address)
OR
- Do I put first entry as July 2018 and Second Entry for the same employment but starting at August 2018 (New location)
- Similarly, in May 2018, I was Unemployed, but changed residences during that month? Would the same thing be applicable here.

Under this situation, do we mention overlapping months or just mention the next month? which would be the correct way to fill the information?
I am also in same boat. I have a 3 day gap before I joined my next job. I can see the form just has Date and Month and not day when I printed it, but there is a barcode so that might be storing all the information. I am planning to add the 3 days 'Not Working' under activity and put an explanation in the 'Employer/Institution section' - job transition with dates from and to. Please note this is something I am planning to do and I haven't submitted the application. If someone has a better idea, please share. Thanks.

Reactions: beebop

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
Hello!
I am a bit confused about the photo requirements

I have searched thru the forum but didnt come across an appropriate answer to the question what are the requirements for digital photos if I would like to apply for citizenship online. I've only seen an answer that I just need to submit a receipt along with the photo.

Here are the requirements for printed photos https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html
And it is mentioned there, that "If the photographs are digital, they must not be altered in any way"
So I guess the requirements for the digital photo size are the same as for printed one like: "The frame size must be 50 mm x 70 mm (2″ x 2 ¾″)", etc.
Please advise
Thanks a lot!

Anyone? :rolleyes:

beebop

Mar 4, 2021
I am also in same boat. I have a 3 day gap before I joined my next job. I can see the form just has Date and Month and not day when I printed it, but there is a barcode so that might be storing all the information. I am planning to add the 3 days 'Not Working' under activity and put an explanation in the 'Employer/Institution section' - job transition with dates from and to. Please note this is something I am planning to do and I haven't submitted the application. If someone has a better idea, please share. Thanks.
Yeah, I can understand. Lets hope we hear back from any of the experts on this.

anonymous12

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hello there,

My citizenship process has been taking a toll on my mental health. It has been forever since I submitted it.
do you know what is the next step after security and criminality are approved? I was told by the CIC that I must wait to be contacted for a citizenship test to be scheduled?

Scarborough office.

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Thanks Nourmandy2

do you think its better for me to apply with Passport + My OHIP card

or it is better to wait for my new driver license showing my correct address.

thanks
No problem, yes you can apply with passport and Ohip card but I would say better to use updated ID .

nourmandy2

May 11, 2019
Hi guys,
The guide says yo do not have to sign or date your physical presence and in the same time says make sure the application date on the application form and calculate printout are the same , which date on calculator printout they mean it ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,
The guide says yo do not have to sign or date your physical presence and in the same time says make sure the application date on the application form and calculate printout are the same , which date on calculator printout they mean it ?
The "Application Date" on the physical presence calculator.