Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Thank you very much @Glory. A. O

Also one quick question for Q11. REGARDING empoloyment

i provided
2020-09 to present
2019-08 to 2020-08(question do i need to mention 2020-08 or 2020-09)
2019-06 to 2019-07
2018-07 to 2019-05
Does the form validate? What did you do between 2020-08 and 2020-09? You should not leave any gaps:
"
Question 11.
Tell us what you have been doing during the five (5) year eligibility period. You must list all your work and study history including English/French language training inside or outside Canada for the five (5) year eligibility period. Press the (+) plus button if you need more space.

• If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
  • If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment.
  • If you have multiple occupations/activities that are continuing to the present, type “present” instead of putting a date in the “To” field.
You must provide information that covers the five (5) year eligibility period, being sure to account for each month.

Do not leave any gaps during this period and do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you.
"

See Q11 https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

Prashanth85

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Does the form validate? What did you do between 2020-08 and 2020-09? You should not leave any gaps:
"
Question 11.
Tell us what you have been doing during the five (5) year eligibility period. You must list all your work and study history including English/French language training inside or outside Canada for the five (5) year eligibility period. Press the (+) plus button if you need more space.

• If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
  • If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment.
  • If you have multiple occupations/activities that are continuing to the present, type “present” instead of putting a date in the “To” field.
You must provide information that covers the five (5) year eligibility period, being sure to account for each month.

Do not leave any gaps during this period and do not leave this section blank. If you do, your application will be returned to you.
"

See Q11 https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4
@Glory. A. O yes the form validated and thank you i will check again

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello There, hope you all are doing great. I have a question, The online physical presence calculator does not have any place to sign and date when I print it. Does anyone else face this issue? And what is the solution? please help, i will submit my application tomorrow, thanks

Gondal27

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I went out of Canada for one week to attend a marriage. I will add this in physical presence calculator . But should I also mention it in field 10 "Address History" with time period. ?
It is also mentioned in guide "You don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation."
Can please someone explain whether I need to write this absence in Address history section or just in physical calculator as a absence to calculate days only. Attending a marriage out of country can be considered a temporary stay/on vacation.
Response is appreciated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I went out of Canada for one week to attend a marriage. I will add this in physical presence calculator . But should I also mention it in field 10 "Address History" with time period. ?
It is also mentioned in guide "You don’t need to include addresses of family, friends, hotels or resorts where you stayed while on vacation."
Can please someone explain whether I need to write this absence in Address history section or just in physical calculator as a absence to calculate days only. Attending a marriage out of country can be considered a temporary stay/on vacation.
Response is appreciated.
No. If you went on a vacation, you don't need to add it to address history as the application form clearly mentions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello There, hope you all are doing great. I have a question, The online physical presence calculator does not have any place to sign and date when I print it. Does anyone else face this issue? And what is the solution? please help, i will submit my application tomorrow, thanks
The signature and date fields have been removed from the physical presence calculator. This is a feature, not an issue :) .