+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Ahmadd

Sep 16, 2020
Did you include all current and expired passports? "Photocopies of the minor’s biographical page of all valid and expired Passport(s)/Travel documents for the five (5) years immediately before the date of application, or since the minor became a permanent resident if that date is more recent than five (5) years. "

What document did you submit exactly? You might have to photocopy the current passport twice. "
Photocopy of two (2) pieces of personal identification.
Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
  • a passport page containing their photo and personal details;
  • a hospital or immunization record, may be provided.
  • Note: If there is information on both sides of the identification document, photocopy both sides.
"

Also, you can add an explanation letter to explain that you have submitted the documents as requested.
Yes he needs to do copy passport biographical pages twice because they required in two different sections. So one for each purpose.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Send Again with PR card as well . PR card ,now they are accepting as ID. Write explanation letter that you used Passport (Make sure Passport is Valid) as proof of 1st ID and Health Card as Second ID. Attached PR card as well to be considered if required as ID.

Your situation understandable and the only benefit you will get with explanation letter is they may consider the earlier receiving date if they agree they returned by Mistake they will consider the First Application date received and will process or else will be considered as freshly received and will start the process.
Careful here, PR card is accepted now as proof of ID for adult application only. For minors even with the new updated form, IDs requirements don't contain PR cards.

Both pieces of identification should show the minor’s name and date of birth, one of which must have a photo on it.
Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
  • a hospital or immunization record may be provided.
  • Note: If there is information on both sides of the identification document, photocopy both sides.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Did you include all current and expired passports? "Photocopies of the minor’s biographical page of all valid and expired Passport(s)/Travel documents for the five (5) years immediately before the date of application, or since the minor became a permanent resident if that date is more recent than five (5) years. "

What document did you submit exactly? You might have to photocopy the current passport twice. "
Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
"

Also, you can add an explanation letter to explain that you have submitted the documents as requested.
Send Again with PR card as well . PR card ,now they are accepting as ID. Write explanation letter that you used Passport (Make sure Passport is Valid) as proof of 1st ID and Health Card as Second ID. Attached PR card as well to be considered if required as ID.

Your situation understandable and the only benefit you will get with explanation letter is they may consider the earlier receiving date if they agree they returned by Mistake they will consider the First Application date received and will process or else will be considered as freshly received and will start the process.
Yes i did submit both sides of the card.. and i called CIC but that didn't really help with anything.. they just said if you have any other kind of ID just submit it with the passport and the health card and put an explanation letter.

Doesn't make any sense!!!!
If you submitted passport, you must have submitted it twice - Once for the passport checkbox and once for the ID checkbox. If you submitted only one copy of passport, then that explains the reason for return.

This time around, you can add the PR card as well as suggested because as of late, they have been accepting PR card as proof of Identity.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
If you submitted passport, you must have submitted it twice - Once for the passport checkbox and once for the ID checkbox. If you submitted only one copy of passport, then that explains the reason for return.

This time around, you can add the PR card as well as suggested because as of late, they have been accepting PR card as proof of Identity.
Careful here, PR card is accepted now as proof of ID for adult application only. For minors even with the new updated form, IDs requirements don't contain PR cards.

Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;

Reactions: mody2410

mtmeenu

Jun 9, 2017

Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
"

I have to apply for citizenship for my kid who has become landed immigrant just a week back and will turn 18 in early March 2021. I want to apply in a week's time after quarantine period finishes. At this stage the kid does not have school record or health card issued from Canada from the above list of documents. However, Immunization Record and Govt issued ID from the country of origin are available. Will these IDs be acceptable proof along-with passport? Secondly, can we attach more than two pieces of ID for the above to avoid rejection as it is critical to file the application with requisite document correctly to avoid return of application. Please advise.

mody2410

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
"

Ironically, I submitted 2 photocopies of his passport and i arranged them with the healthcare card photocopy in between so they would know that i'm using the second passport photocopy as an ID and the first one for travel document...
But THEY arranged it in the way that the 2 passport photocopies are together and they sent it back to me!!!

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Ironically, I submitted 2 photocopies of his passport and i arranged them with the healthcare card photocopy in between so they would know that i'm using the second passport photocopy as an ID and the first one for travel document...
But THEY arranged it in the way that the 2 passport photocopies are together and they sent it back to me!!!
I believe your kid's application was returned by mistake, I did exactly the same thing with my son's application. His application is in process right.

mody2410

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe your kid's application was returned by mistake, I did exactly the same thing with my son's application. His application is in process right.
That's what i think what happen there!
I managed to get a school record for my son with a photo on it and i'm resubmitting that with the passport photocopy and the healthcare card photocopy and an explanation letter stating that i already submitted the 2nd and the 3rd previously.
But my question now, will this ADR put me back at the bottom of the list for AOR or they will consider that it wasn't my mistake and give my application a priority??

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
That's what i think what happen there!
I managed to get a school record for my son with a photo on it and i'm resubmitting that with the passport photocopy and the healthcare card photocopy and an explanation letter stating that i already submitted the 2nd and the 3rd previously.
But my question now, will this ADR put me back at the bottom of the list for AOR or they will consider that it wasn't my mistake and give my application a priority??
That will depend on IRCC nobody can predict how they will consider it. I will suggest that you arrange your documents by following the order as it appears on the checklist.
Good luck!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Examples include:
  • school record;
  • health insurance card;
My bad. I stand corrected.

PR card is just for adult applicants. Thanks for pointing it out.

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Subject: US travel history from I-94.

Hi frnds, i tried to retrieve my US travel history which was for 3 to 4 days by air, but I94 is not giving any results. The problem is the passport only shows stamp that i made entry to the US but on the passport there is no exit stamp from US,

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Hello please
Can anyone explain to me about the part of opening an account, should we do it for each member of family or one account and is it the key GC
I find it mentioned but would love additional details please
(The Online Physical Presence Calculator (OR) How to Calculate Physical Presence (CIT 0407)
  • Like I mentioned in the previous section, the online physical presence calculatoris much easier to work with instead of trying to calculate manually.
  • You would have to create an account if you don't already have it.)
  • Thanks

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
I am filling out the application for my minor son who was born in the US. His passport specifies "Place of birth" as Massachusetts. His COPR also specifies the "Place of birth" as Massachusetts.

However, in the application, it asks for City/Town and not the state. The application guide states to copy it from the passport if it is listed, but what is listed there is the state and not the City as asked in the form. I am confused about what I should enter? The city (which is not shown on Passport or the COPR) or the state (it is shown in Passport and COPR but not asked in the application). Has anyone faced a similar problem before?

I am thinking of entering city name followed by state but it won't exactly match like it is on Passport and COPR:

Lowell, Massachusetts

@rajkamalmohanram hoping you can help!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am filling out the application for my minor son who was born in the US. His passport specifies "Place of birth" as Massachusetts. His COPR also specifies the "Place of birth" as Massachusetts.

However, in the application, it asks for City/Town and not the state. The application guide states to copy it from the passport if it is listed, but what is listed there is the state and not the City as asked in the form. I am confused about what I should enter? The city (which is not shown on Passport or the COPR) or the state (it is shown in Passport and COPR but not asked in the application). Has anyone faced a similar problem before?

I am thinking of entering city name followed by state but it won't exactly match like it is on Passport and COPR:

Lowell, Massachusetts

@rajkamalmohanram hoping you can help!
In cases like this, the answer is simple. Enter exactly what is shown on the passport and COPR.

Good luck.

Reactions: eagle922

Momo2010

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Hello,
I have worked in country (X) for more than 3 years [it falls in the 4 years before applying for citizenship] then I moved to my home country for 3 months then I landed in Canada as a PR .
Do I have to provide police certificate for country (X) or not ?

Does country (X) considered country of origin immediately before landing as a PR or not immediately because I moved to home country for 3 months in between ?

Please advise and thanks in advance...

@rajkamalmohanram