+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Hi Folks,

When I print the form (citizen application form) esp in page-03/04 in the duration (YYYY-MM-DD) column, the dates do not come up.
Is it okay? Have you guys experienced this before? So if it is 2019-03-06, it just shows up as 2019-03.
Appreciate your feedback, thanks.

sidpune

Feb 16, 2017
I actually think you need it for India and Finland. It is any country you were in for 183 days in a row. Poland looks like it was 5 months. India & Finland you stay seemed longer than 6 months if I am calculating correctly.
Thanks for your response.

If the period is 5 years at the time I apply, so shouldn't it be June 2016 - June 2021 and I was in Finland until Dec 2015, so would I still need for Finland ?

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi Folks,

When I print the form (citizen application form) esp in page-03/04 in the duration (YYYY-MM-DD) column, the dates do not come up.
Is it okay? Have you guys experienced this before? So if it is 2019-03-06, it just shows up as 2019-03.
Appreciate your feedback, thanks.
It only shows Month and Year but not days. That's what the table header shows too (YYYY-MM).

Reactions: itzzamit

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Thanks Expressimmigrant!
I have a few questions:
1.Do we need to add marriage certificate, especially for wife's application? My wife's new name post marriage is there in her passport.
2. I paid the fees as a TOTAL for 3 and now have just one receipt (capturing the fees for all three). There are 3 separate applications (me , my wife, son).
3. Does biographical pages of passport and or travel documents means only the first and last page with photo and details incl (dob, place) or do we need to attach all the stamped pages capturing travel history?
Any solutions here?

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Thanks for your response.

If the period is 5 years at the time I apply, so shouldn't it be June 2016 - June 2021 and I was in Finland until Dec 2015, so would I still need for Finland ?

I would say you don't need Finland as it falls outside the eligibility period. The processing office is only concerned with what you did/where you were during that 5 year eligibility period, anything before that is of no use to them unless they send you a letter requesting more information. The rule of thumb here is to always apply with extra days , so more than 1095 so if there happens to be an issue, they have the extra days to use. I personally applied with 1365 days

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Folks, a few more questions:

1.Do we need to add marriage certificate, especially for wife's application? My wife's new name post marriage is there in her passport.
2. I paid the fees as a TOTAL for 3 and now have just one receipt (capturing the fees for all three). There are 3 separate applications (me , my wife, son).
3. Does biographical pages of passport and or travel documents means only the first and last page with photo and details incl (dob, place) or do we need to attach all the stamped pages capturing travel history?

Any solutions/insights here?

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
Hi Guys,

In the Citizenship form CIT 002 -
Question # 5 - List all name that you have used, including name at birth, previously married name(s) and nicknames ?
1. What if the birth name matches the documents (like passport, PR card) should that name still be updated here ?
Lets say exp - In the passport name is Amy Smith, and birth name is Amy Smith, should name this be included in Question 5 box ?
2. In my passport I have my initials expanded, where as in my education certificates my name has initials that are not expanded, so should I include that name here ?
Lets say exp - In the passport name is William Adam Holmes, and in the education certificate from country of origin it says Adam W.H. In this case should I include both the passport name and the other name as well ?

In Regards to other questions like 4b, 7 and 8 -
In the pdf form when we check 'NO' then we don't see subsequent questions, however when you take those prints the questions that are applicable when you select 'YES' option show up and they are blank. Should I just say N/A in the blank fields or just ignore those fields ?

any help in this regards is appreciated. TIA

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Folks, a few more questions:

Any solutions/insights here?

Guys, I'm hoping to get some help on these. Can someone provide insights?
Also, for my 4 years old son, at the back of photo I took at Costco (it says Guarantor's Signature) Is it really needed?
I reviewed the guidance and have not seen anything on guarantor in the photo section.

Appreciate your help. I'm planning to send this on 12th Nov 2020.

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Anyone here from Pakistan who can assist, minor birth certificate issued in Pakistan has both english and Urdu language, anyone who sent an application for citizenship and it was accepted, anyone who got aor with this case ?

bhagatN

Nov 23, 2018
Hi there,
I am about to apply in December and I have a question regarding language test, is it necessary to provide IELTS if I have studied(did my masters) here in Canada? I gathered that some people send expired IELTS score, is it required? Because it’s been years I wrote IELTS and don’t have the result. Thanks

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
PART - 3

• Q15 (a): If you are between 18 and 54 years of age, do you have proof of knowledge of English or French?
  • Check 'Yes' or 'No'.
  • 15 (a) also asks“ Did you successfully complete the LINC or CUC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher from January 1, 2008 to October 31, 2012?"
    • If this applies to you, answer accordingly.
How do I answer this? I do not have a LINC or CUC courses.

However, I did complete a Masters Degree in Engineering from a university in Canada and was hoping to attach a copy of diploma as as proof of knowledge of English.

Here is what I have put in for now in the form. Please suggest if this is okay or if I need to change.

Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How do I answer this? I do not have a LINC or CUC courses.

However, I did complete a Masters Degree in Engineering from a university in Canada and was hoping to attach a copy of diploma as as proof of knowledge of English.

Here is what I have put in for now in the form. Please suggest if this is okay or if I need to change.

Thanks in advance.
This appears to be correct.

Reactions: salkhan

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
Hi there,

I'm printing the physical presence calculator and it's coming out on two pages (the second page is for signature and date), is that ok?