+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi thanks for your detailed explanation. I have a question related to PCC, does it requires to be of exact date of leaving/ Exit the country before finally settling in Canada. Its practically not possible to get the dates till end?
Well, I really wouldn't risk this. If your PCC was NOT issued AFTER your last departure from the country, then I would just get a new one to be safe. Given the skyrocketing processing times, I wouldn't risk getting a returned application and start over all again. Given the current climate, we're talking about "a lot of months" of delay.

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Thanks for the input @rajkamalmohanram . Looking at your reply I realized that I was over complicating it, the eligibility end date doesn't have to be the same date as the signing of the application and the physical calculator.

Is it ok to sign the calculator and the actual application after the eligibility end date? So if the eligibility is from 2015-09-03 to 2020-09-03 the date can be Sept 4th or 5th as long as it is the same signature date for both application and physical calculator. For some reason looking at the instruction it sounded like we have to align everything with the last date of the eligibility period. Thank you!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for the input @rajkamalmohanram . Looking at your reply I realized that I was over complicating it, the eligibility end date doesn't have to be the same date as the signing of the application and the physical calculator.

Is it ok to sign the calculator and the actual application after the eligibility end date? So if the eligibility is from 2015-09-03 to 2020-09-03 the date can be Sept 4th or 5th as long as it is the same signature date for both application and physical calculator. For some reason looking at the instruction it sounded like we have to align everything with the last date of the eligibility period. Thank you!
This is what it says on the Instruction guide.

Sign and date the application form with the signature you use on other official documents. Make sure the dates and signature are the same on your application form and printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculator.

Note: Your application will be returned to you if it is:

• not signed and dated
  • dated more than 90 days before we receive it
  • post-dated (dated into the future)
  • make sure that the date of signature on the application and the date on the physical presence calculator printout are the same
You must be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship the day before you sign the application form.
There is no mention that the "to" date in eligibility period has to match the date on the application form. So, I believe that the date you sign the application can be a date other than the "to" date in the eligibility period. This is just my opinion.

PS : The date on my application form, my physical presence calculator and the "To" date of eligibility is going to be the same in my case.

sivapras

Dec 24, 2012
Hi,

I am submitting below documents as proof of documents for citizenship application. Let me know if I need to include any more documents.

for myself:
Citizenship application form
Citizenship checklist
Photos
Physical presence calc
my Indian passport photocopy
My Canadian driving license photocopy

for my kids:
Citizenship application forms
Citizenship checklists
Photos
kids Indian passport copies
Kids birth certificate copies
Ontario health card copied
Student record from school board

Do we need submit physical presence calculator for kids as well also mother passport copy is required for kids?

let me know if any other documents to be attached with the application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I am submitting below documents as proof of documents for citizenship application. Let me know if I need to include any more documents.

for myself:
Citizenship application form
Citizenship checklist
Photos
Physical presence calc
my Indian passport photocopy
My Canadian driving license photocopy

for my kids:
Citizenship application forms
Citizenship checklists
Photos
kids Indian passport copies
Kids birth certificate copies
Ontario health card copied
Student record from school board

Do we need submit physical presence calculator for kids as well also mother passport copy is required for kids?

let me know if any other documents to be attached with the application.
To verify the list of documents, refer to the initial post in this thread and use it in conjunction with the document checklist and the instruction guide.

Do we need submit physical presence calculator for kids as well
I do not see it in the document checklist for Minors so I am going to say no.

also mother passport copy is required for kids?
It asks for a photocopy of parent's passport. So, if you have the photocopy of the passport of your children's mother, I would encourage that you include it.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
To verify the list of documents, refer to the initial post in this thread and use it in conjunction with the document checklist and the instruction guide.

I do not see it in the document checklist for Minors so I am going to say no.

It asks for a photocopy of parent's passport. So, if you have the photocopy of the passport of your children's mother, I would encourage that you include it.
I applied as a family with a kid, check list CT0008 does not ask for copy of mother's passport.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I applied as a family with a kid, check list CT0008 does not ask for copy of mother's passport.
Hmmm, looks like this is required only if one of the parents is a Canadian citizen. So yeah, for the child's application, looks like passport of 'mother' is not required.

Dr.Raj91

Jun 26, 2014
chennai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
IELTS Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Hi guys, was wondering how do we get an acknowledgment of receipt,?AOR

Is it through email or mail??

Dream_ind2ca

Mar 5, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a quick question, I am filling up the citizenship forms for my self and my family and one of my friend who got his citizenship almost 3 years back said that there used to be “Validate” button on the form, so before printing the form you need to validate it and it creates bar code but I can’t see any “validate” button on the forms I am filling up, did anyone filled these forms recently, if yes can you please confirm is there any validate button on it or not?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hello everyone, I have a quick question, I am filling up the citizenship forms for my self and my family and one of my friend who got his citizenship almost 3 years back said that there used to be “Validate” button on the form, so before printing the form you need to validate it and it creates bar code but I can’t see any “validate” button on the forms I am filling up, did anyone filled these forms recently, if yes can you please confirm is there any validate button on it or not?
It might have been a thing on the old forms, but the new forms (directly from the CIC's own website) no longer have it. It might have been removed when they updated it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The latest version of the form is CIT 0002 (12-2019). This is the version you should be using. You can find it on the IRCC website. Here's the link to it :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html

There is no 'Validate' button in this form and there are a couple of issues with it.

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi All,
For the minor application, In question number 9 B there is a part that asks for the minor physical presence "Has the minor been outside of Canada for a total of 730 days or more in the past five (5) years OR since becoming a permanent resident?" YES or NO , If yes give details
My child was not outside Canada for 730 days in last 5 years but was more than 730 days outside since becoming a PR i.e. May 2014
Should I check 'No' and give no details or check 'Yes' and give all the details since becoming a PR which is more than 6 years ago.?
Please advise.
Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,
For the minor application, In question number 9 B there is a part that asks for the minor physical presence "Has the minor been outside of Canada for a total of 730 days or more in the past five (5) years OR since becoming a permanent resident?" YES or NO , If yes give details
My child was not outside Canada for 730 days in last 5 years but was more than 730 days outside since becoming a PR i.e. May 2014
Should I check 'No' and give no details or check 'Yes' and give all the details since becoming a PR which is more than 6 years ago.?
Please advise.
Thanks
From what I understand from this question, by 'or since becoming a permanent resident', what they mean is 'in the past 5 years or since becoming a permanent resident, whichever is latest. So, since your child got PR outside the eligibility period (outside the past 5 years), my understanding is that you can actually answer 'No' to this question.

This is only my opinion. I trust you'll find someone who has been/is in the exact situation. Try asking them as well.

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
From what I understand from this question, by 'or since becoming a permanent resident', what they mean is 'in the past 5 years or since becoming a permanent resident, whichever is latest. So, since your child got PR outside the eligibility period (outside the past 5 years), my understanding is that you can actually answer 'No' to this question.

This is only my opinion. I trust you'll find someone who has been/is in the exact situation. Try asking them as well.
Thank you Raj !