+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

eninevo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
-No you don’t list addressed you visited as a tourist/business

This is not a travel history question it’s merely asking you to mention the address you resided at in the last 5 years
Thank you Sir for your prompt reply! It was kinda work related plus vacation, hence i was confused but it does not fall under 5 year eligibility period. So got more confused.

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
Hi
for the online application, I have 2 questions:

1- is there any document checklist?

2- my 3-year PR is at the end of July, can I prepare an application for a couple of weeks sooner? and then submit at the end of July??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi
for the online application, I have 2 questions:

1- is there any document checklist?

2- my 3-year PR is at the end of July, can I prepare an application for a couple of weeks sooner? and then submit at the end of July??
Not sure if there is a online document checklist available but you can refer to this link which is for paper based applications and would be similar if not the same https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

The PR card is a just an entry document required at the time of entering Canada from overseas. With PR card getting expired should not have any bearing for you to apply for citizenship since the PR status in the country will be maintained.
To your point if you can prepare your application yes you can, but only apply when your 1095 days are completed. Imho keep a few weeks above 1095 days before you apply

Reactions: amosi

amosi

Jan 3, 2018
one more question:

in the beginning of the application, it says :

Are you applying for yourself?

Yes, just for myself as an adult (at least 18 years of age)

Yes, for myself as an adult and for one or more minors (under 18 years of age)

No, I’m applying for one or more minors (under 18 years of age)

---

I am applying as a couple (my wife and I) - which option should I choose?
and do I need 2 separate applications?

BB123

Jul 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

Has anyone got Ghost update after LPP completed and before Oath in process.?

I received GU after the LPP completed.

thanks

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
Hi everyone, anyone here applied early 2022 and still stuck in LPP? as well the ghost update on March 2nd?? I am April 2022 applicant, and still have presence and prohibitions to be cleared! tried everything from sending webforms and emailing them as wall calling also my MP did a part and nothing is moving!! any advice?

Rishi0235

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Our son is a Candian citizen and I his father and mother are Indian citizens. We went to Canada on tourist visa, then our son was born there, after 2 months of his birth, we brought him to India. Today our son is 4 years old. Do we have to take my son to Canada once so that his citizenship doesn't matter

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Our son is a Candian citizen and I his father and mother are Indian citizens. We went to Canada on tourist visa, then our son was born there, after 2 months of his birth, we brought him to India. Today our son is 4 years old. Do we have to take my son to Canada once so that his citizenship doesn't matter
Does not matter

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
in our case Oath was Sep 13 and file was closed on Sep 15 and certificate was received on Sep 16 (Scarborough office)
They emaild me to pick it up on Monday though I am not in Montreal. In the email, they mentioned the delay for mailing is 4-6 weeks, is it right?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
They emaild me to pick it up on Monday though I am not in Montreal. In the email, they mentioned the delay for mailing is 4-6 weeks, is it right?
Montreal has a peculiar way where they allow you to collect the citizenship certificate in-person. If you dont they mail it. Most of the experience shared in forum was of in person collection.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Montreal has a peculiar way where they allow you to collect the citizenship certificate in-person. If you dont they mail it. Most of the experience shared in forum was of in person collection.
Thank you so much for your advice! Do you know when they mail it, they told after 4-6 weeks? If you have some experiences, I appreciate as it is very expensive to book a flight for $800 just to take a certificate.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thank you so much for your advice! Do you know when they mail it, they told after 4-6 weeks? If you have some experiences, I appreciate as it is very expensive to book a flight for $800 just to take a certificate.
You should have it with you in 4-6 weeks or before.